LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

who got cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hopefully Roman.

Roman won't be cut, it will be WR.. Either Spurlock, Hill or Battle.

I really hope its Butterfingers Battle
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
MattMaiocco If Crabtree signs, no way 49ers release Jason Hill. Battle and Bruce are not signed for next year. Hill would likely be No. 3 WR in '10.

Maiocco said that yesterday

Damn...Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, Davis, Gore, Coffee, Walker...

I hope Matt is right about this (he usually is). I like Hill a lot, and the offensive line up makes me all giddy. Now let's get a RT and another G in here.
S-P-U-R-L-O-C-K
ha ha i totally forgot that we even have Jones. by the end of the season our starting wr's might look a lot different than today.

i think its gonna be spurlock who gets cut, but there goes our great wildcat...ha.

i wouldnt be surprised though if it is hill. he seems to be in the doghouse. but i think we would have to eat a lot of money if we cut him. he was i believe a 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Rossum or Spurlock. At this point I could care less which of those 2 just as long as it's one of those 2. They've both seemed fairy useless. Hill is a better gunner on ST than Spurlock is anyway. And Rossum hasn't done Jack in the return game either. Anybody else would be a travesty.

Well in Rossum's defense, he did return that kick for a touchdown against Seattle if I'm not mistaken. It was called back by a personal foul on Nate Clements, which had nothing to do with the outcome of the play.

It was called back on an illegal block in the back on Glen Coffee, which possibly gave Rossum the room to get free on that play. The personal foul on Clements was another flag later on in the play.

Gracious. My thoughts exactly. Rossum's ball security hasn't been too great the past couple of games. Only luck has ensured that we didn't turn the ball over.

If I had to choose between Rossum and Spurlock though, it would be Spurlock. Why him? I'd rather have Sheets with his questionable blocking skills on the team. At least he has some serious speed that could be utilized on ST's
cut spurlock imo
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
MattMaiocco If Crabtree signs, no way 49ers release Jason Hill. Battle and Bruce are not signed for next year. Hill would likely be No. 3 WR in '10.

Maiocco said that yesterday

Good because Hill really reminded me of a bigger, and faster Bruce last year when he had his chances.
cut Willis
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
cut Willis

Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hopefully Roman.

Roman won't be cut, it will be WR.. Either Spurlock, Hill or Battle.

Yup, and I'd bet that it's going to be Spurlock.

Spurlock sucks, bye bye

cut Willis

Holy fudge! I just spewed water all over my MacBook. Good one. Damn.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
cut Willis

Holy fudge! I just spewed water all over my MacBook. Good one. Damn.

Should be Spurlock
It will be Spurlock

Battle is a great blocker and used in special teams

Hill still has an upside and the speed to make plays
Originally posted by ramanz16:
It'll be Battle or Spurlock.

How do you figure that,

Battle has been getting playing time, it will most likely be a WR who has not been on the field often, say Hill or Spurlock, but love him or Hate him Battle is a player!

Bruce, Morgan and Battle will continue to start and Crabtree will play Battle to the bench, but look for Battle to be in most 3rd downs.

Remember Jones will also push Morgan for playing time.

Next season Bruce retires and we will be looking at Crabtree, Jones, and Morgan, with Battle playing a lot of 3rd downs.

I like the look of this bunch, big strong and good blockers! Sure hands and some speed!
Share 49ersWebzone