LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Is it just me, who has this feeling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys, is it just me who has the feeling that If we faced any team in the League right now that'd we'd be able to compete and possibily win the game. We are well coached, with a stout Defense and an offense who so far does not turn the ball over. Bring on the Saints, the Giants, the Colts, the Eagles, the patriots, I honestly feel we can hang and beat anybody right now....! Am I CRAZY? or IS everybody with me!
Nope, you're not the only one. I haven't felt like this maybe since '98. Obviously we're not at that level yet, but man, we are getting there.
No, it's just you.
if we play the pats, colts, giants, and couple of other teams. we will get killed..... our play calling is horribe. once we get the offense going, then i will feel that way
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Guys, is it just me who has the feeling that If we faced any team in the League right now that'd we'd be able to compete and possibily win the game. We are well coached, with a stout Defense and an offense who so far does not turn the ball over. Bring on the Saints, the Giants, the Colts, the Eagles, the patriots, I honestly feel we can hang and beat anybody right now....! Am I CRAZY? or IS everybody with me!

if we can hang with the falcons and colts, and possibly beat one of them, then yes.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
if we play the pats, colts, giants, and couple of other teams. we will get killed..... our play calling is horribe. once we get the offense going, then i will feel that way

i personally believe with GORE out there, plus a few more passes by Hill...we can hang with the Saints and the Pats
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

i personally believe with GORE out there, plus a few more passes by Hill and better protection for him...we can hang with the Saints and the Pats

Fixed.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 5, 2009 at 01:58:37 ]
Let's just say Singletary is rubbing off ...... I now look at games against good opponents as " OPPORTUNITIES ". I still want to see more from the offense and especially the OL.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
As i said before. Our personnel on offense is only good for 2 drives a game. Not going to cut it versus good teams. Only had 2 drives versus the sorry rams and even those drives were less than 50 yards.
I've felt like this since last year when Shaun first took over..... all we need was a QB who could move the ball and rest our defense..... we have weapons on offense that work well with our QB.....

this is why I felt we could beat Buffalo, when most thought we'd get killed because it was an early game and the Bills had just put up 50 something points on the Chiefs the previous week.....same reason I felt we could be the Jets at home....same reason I felt we could be the Dolphins at their house.....

the only thing I was wrong about is how crucial having a QB that can extend the play on us could make us pay....and that was what weak arse Romo did....he had all the time in the world back there and T.O. running downfield pushing off on our DBs...but we were still competitive that game at Dallas.

we have a real good Head Coach who gets the best out of our players some how..... we play disciplined as far as Turnovers and penalties.

I feel we always have a chance.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I'll take this compared to what we've been the last couple of years.
At this point I think we can be competitive against any team. Not saying we'd win, but we wouldn't be embarrassed. The D is looking great and when allowed to throw the ball Hill gets the job done. Raye's play calling was better yesterday but still not where I'd like to see it.

LB
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
No, it's just you.

• BobS
  • Veteran
I am cautiously optimistic, we are 3-1 and :02 away from 4-0, but the offensive numbers being put up are pretty weak. Hill is averaging about 150 net yards passing and total offense is barely over 200 yards a game. That kind off output will get you killed against a good team. I mean we had what 228 yards of offense against the pathetic Rams? In spite of the great start this can easily end up a 7-9 or 8-8 team if the offense does not improve.
Originally posted by BobS:
I am cautiously optimistic, we are 3-1 and :02 away from 4-0, but the offensive numbers being put up are pretty weak. Hill is averaging about 150 net yards passing and total offense is barely over 200 yards a game. That kind off output will get you killed against a good team. I mean we had what 228 yards of offense against the pathetic Rams? In spite of the great start this can easily end up a 7-9 or 8-8 team if the offense does not improve.

agree 100%. Our offense really needs to step it up is we wanna hang with the big boys. I think right now the saints or colts would just destroy us.
Share 49ersWebzone