There are 158 users in the forums

Is it just me, who has this feeling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
if we play the pats, colts, giants, and couple of other teams. we will get killed..... our play calling is horribe. once we get the offense going, then i will feel that way

Killed......yeah right. Colts No D or running game, Pats no running game and an avg D, Giants good team, although running game not too impressive Plus we have the top or one of the top D's in the Nfl as well as TE and RB in the Nfl.
Originally posted by BobS:
I am cautiously optimistic, we are 3-1 and :02 away from 4-0, but the offensive numbers being put up are pretty weak. Hill is averaging about 150 net yards passing and total offense is barely over 200 yards a game. That kind off output will get you killed against a good team. I mean we had what 228 yards of offense against the pathetic Rams? In spite of the great start this can easily end up a 7-9 or 8-8 team if the offense does not improve.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
if we play the pats, colts, giants, and couple of other teams. we will get killed..... our play calling is horribe. once we get the offense going, then i will feel that way

Killed......yeah right. Colts No D or running game, Pats no running game and an avg D, Giants good team, although running game not too impressive Plus we have the top or one of the top D's in the Nfl as well as TE and RB in the Nfl.

Did you SEE that Fins Colts game? No D check. But who cares about a running game when you have P.Manning AUDIBLING under Center. That guy will make you THINK he has a run game and then air it out on you. And if you think the Giants Running game isn't impressive well Guapo, I'm at a loss as to how you don't see that as they were pretty impressive against Phallus. Granted this is 2 games back, but even so all the aforementioned teams WOULD give us fits.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BobS:
I am cautiously optimistic, we are 3-1 and :02 away from 4-0, but the offensive numbers being put up are pretty weak. Hill is averaging about 150 net yards passing and total offense is barely over 200 yards a game. That kind off output will get you killed against a good team. I mean we had what 228 yards of offense against the pathetic Rams? In spite of the great start this can easily end up a 7-9 or 8-8 team if the offense does not improve.

And, not trying to bring the bad news, but our three wins have come against the NFC West. We need to jump on the Falcons quick, because they can score points. Im loving our team, but I also was mad as heck after the first quarter in the Ram game because the plays were crap, Shaun was not throwing anywhere downfield, and the score was 0 - 0 after the first quarter. Thats not good enough.

Our offense has to stay on the field too to give our D some rest. I believe we're still leading the league in 3 and outs after 4 games.

We need to start moving on offense against the Falcons by passing; maybe a few screens to get some confidence early, then check their corners with some 4 receiver sets too

[ Edited by SFL49ER on Oct 5, 2009 at 21:06:05 ]
peyton will destroy us. He's been unbelievable. I can't even think of a scenario where the niners win this game. I mean, I may as well just turn off the TV and not even watch the game. The Colts will execute their game plan flawlessly and nothing is going to go wrong for them.
Originally posted by dhp318:
peyton will destroy us. He's been unbelievable. I can't even think of a scenario where the niners win this game. I mean, I may as well just turn off the TV and not even watch the game. The Colts will execute their game plan flawlessly and nothing is going to go wrong for them.

that's what everyone thought years back....and we Destroyed them....which eventually got Jim Mora Fired.

Manning had WAAAAAYYYY better weapons back then.... sure he is more experienced now.....but we can hold our own because we are way more physical than the teams they have faced so far....

the reason they beat the Dolphins, even though the Fins won the TOP, is because when it counted their DBs and LBs couldn't tackle to save their lives and allowed huge plays which could've been stopped if they would have just wrapped up on the initial hit.

our DBs and LBs are great tacklers.....
If we can keep playing savage D then yes ,but this offense has to improve we can't rely on 3 touchdowns from our D and ST.. Improve the offense and yeah i'm with you i can't see us being blown out by anybody...

I want winners!!! Getsome!!
Not only are our players improving every game but so is our coaching staff. Our defense will start making more and more plays and our offense, both air and ground will continue to get better. I'm not saying we'll beat the Falcons and the Colts but if they win they'll have to spill their guts to do it. The days of teams dominating us are OVER.
Share 49ersWebzone