LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

49ers favored 10 points against STL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to be negative, but isnt this the same 2-14 Rams team we had problems with last year where we needed a last minute heave from Hill to Morgan for the comeback? This is why the game is played. The 49ers should be preparing like they are playing a superbowl contender. I don't remember a Singletary team blowing out anyone either.
Sounds reasonable. I don't understand why so many fans are superstitious. Just because a lot of us are overlooking the lambs, it doesn't mean the players are. I have faith that Singletary will have the team ready to play.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM ]
power Ranking on the NFL Network we are # 10 I guess we won't take anyone by suprise anymore ! we have to beat them into submission !
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I hate to be negative, but isnt this the same 2-14 Rams team we had problems with last year where we needed a last minute heave from Hill to Morgan for the comeback? This is why the game is played. The 49ers should be preparing like they are playing a superbowl contender. I don't remember a Singletary team blowing out anyone either.

I see your point, but that was in St. Louis. We destroyed them last year in our own house, and we'll probably do it again. We're a superior team. The only way this game is close is if the coaches get too conservative.
Originally posted by B650:

I see your point, but that was in St. Louis. We destroyed them last year in our own house, and we'll probably do it again. We're a superior team. The only way this game is close is if the coaches get too conservative.

Or if Hill plays like he did in St. Louis last year...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by B650:

Or if Hill plays like he did in St. Louis last year...

That was probably his worst game of the season. Doubtful that this happens again, but you never know. That's why they play the games. I think we'll do fine though. We seem to rebound well from tough losses.
26-10
throwing a hundo on the niners... feel free to hate on me if they don't cover... COFFEE BETTER GET HIS S TOGETHER THIS WEEK!
I want a shutout. To whoever said it above, we can't take them lightly... the win in StL last year was very, very close. That said, I want a shutout.
35-10

The 10 points favorite is a tricky number. Vegas is basically saying the Niners should win and people should bet on the spread. However, they know it could be a close game because they are divisional foes and the Rams are hungry. They know our style and could get close to beating us.
If our defense plays as well as it did against Minnesota, then the Rams are in for a long day. ESPN experts pick us unanimously to win, and if you read the foxsports.com power rankings it is quite funny what it said about Favre. If he had just stayed retired we would be 3-0.
  • Mex49
I guess that means 17-7 Niners

All run, all day
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Granted its the Lambs, but I cant remember the last time we were a solid favorite like this week, or the last time we beat up on a team.

We beat up on the Rams last year in San Francisco, it was Coach Sing's first win as a HC.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
or the last time we beat up on a team.

We beat up on the Rams last year.

EDIT: dude right above me just said the same thing. My bad.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone