LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

49ers favored 10 points against STL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's NEVER a good idea (especially in the NFL) for a team to think that they're so good that they will blow out the other team. The team should take the 10 point spread with a grain of salt because going into a game over confident will more often than not bite you in the behind.

I'm hoping that Mike Singletary gets this message across to his players and oh by the way, I am more worried about Kyle Boller than of Mark Bulger if he should replace Mark.

Kyle Boller is no slouch! He can pass and he can run, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't score a few points for the Rams. ... and don't forget that Divisional games are usually tough games!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM ]
bye week #1!

Let's see Hill air it out.

What do we have to lose?
49ers better cover
  • B650
  • Veteran
Well, we beat Seattle 23-10. Seattle beat St. Louis 28-0.

I don't see how this is going to be a close game. A pissed off 49ers team at home against the Rams...this could get ugly.
Why are there so many posts acting as if the team is going to overlook the Rams just because some fans are? As long as Singletary is the coach, I have confidence that the team will be ready for anyone.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
It's NEVER a good idea (especially in the NFL) for a team to think that they're so good that they will blow out the other team. The team should take the 10 point spread with a grain of salt because going into a game over confident will more often than not bite you in the behind.

I'm hoping that Mike Singletary gets this message across to his players and oh by the way, I am more worried about Kyle Boller than of Mark Bulger if he should replace Mark.

Kyle Boller is no slouch! He can pass and he can run, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't score a few points for the Rams. ... and don't forget that Divisional games are usually tough games!

One guy has been to a PB, the other is a total and complete bust.
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM ]
With our defense, frankly I'll be surprised if St. Louis scores. They couldn't score against Seattle's defense, and our defense is even better.
If we had beat the Vikes, I would give STL more of a chance at beating us. But since the team probably can't wait to get back on the field after a devastating loss, I don't think STL has a shot what so ever.
That's it? I don't consider that respect.
The 9ers should win this one, but it's going to be much tougher than most people think.

• Chief
  • Veteran
If we lose this game I will avoid ninertalk until after Atlanta.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Respect from the media?

The Rams have sucked so far this season. I doubt many teams wouldn't be favored by 10 points vs the Rams.

Rams season so far..

Rams vs Seahawks- Rams lose 28-0

Rams vs Redskins (yeah, the same redskins team that lost to the Lions last weekend). Rams lose 9-7

Rams vs Packers : Rams lose 36-17

After that start to the season they have now lost their starting qb and best wr.

X2
I think the Niners will win of course but it has all the signs of a letdown game. Last weeks loss could very well be still on the players minds, Gore is out, and they may be looking ahead to the Falcons game next week. I would not look for a blowout in this game.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

I agree, you can't be too careful when it comes to division opponents. They are hungry for a win too.
I don't care much about the spread, but it will be interesting to see if this team comes out with the same intensity when faced with an opponent they know they should handle easily.

Afterall, this is a team that has to learn to finish off opponents rather than letting them hang on all game.
Share 49ersWebzone