Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gore out 3 weeks

• dald1
  • Veteran
i really hope this doesnt ruin our season
Originally posted by dald1:

I don't think so..... I think Coffee will do fine... I was worried about his pass protection early in preseason, but he did good against the Vikes.

now if we had Robinson starting then ...but Coffee will do fine and if Sheets is called up he will be a good change of pace back.....I just hope Sheets is good at ball security.

also I didn't like when Coffee dropped that pass on 3rd down...which he could have got a 1st down....but we need to remember he is a rookie and I'm sure he didn't expect to start this early in his career.... I think this week he will get alot reps that will give him more confidence....and thank god we are playing the Rams first before the Falcons.... so hopefully that game will built his confidence even further and he'll be ready to punish those Falcons.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM ]
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by dald1:

I don't think so..... I think Coffee will do fine... I was worried about his pass protection early in preseason, but he did good against the Vikes.

now if we had Robinson starting then ...but Coffee will do fine and if Sheets is called up he will be a good change of pace back.....I just hope Sheets is good at ball security.

also I didn't like when Coffee dropped that pass on 3rd down...which he could have got a 1st down....but we need to remember he is a rookie and I'm sure he didn't expect to start this early in his career.... I think this week he will get alot reps that will give him more confidence....and thank god we are playing the Rams first before the Falcons.... so hopefully that game will built his confidence even further and he'll be ready to punish those Falcons.

i sure hope ur right :/
Now don't jump all over me, I know Frank is one of the top RB's in the league and that he is the key to our offense, but he's now officially injury prone and doesn't seem to have an entire year in him. obviously his injurys don't reflect upon him, he can't help it if a 300lb lineman falls on him or he pulls something on a run but some guys just have all the bad luck. i hope we see coffee at least have the ability to replace gore in the backfield. agian i'm not writing gore off but we're going to need to start lining up another running back to replace him for when the time comes, which i now feel is sooner rather than later but i hope im wrong.
Originally posted by BrentJonzin:
Now don't jump all over me, I know Frank is one of the top RB's in the league and that he is the key to our offense, but he's now officially injury prone and doesn't seem to have an entire year in him. obviously his injurys don't reflect upon him, he can't help it if a 300lb lineman falls on him or he pulls something on a run but some guys just have all the bad luck. i hope we see coffee at least have the ability to replace gore in the backfield. agian i'm not writing gore off but we're going to need to start lining up another running back to replace him for when the time comes, which i now feel is sooner rather than later but i hope im wrong.

chooo chooo....chugga chugga chugga......
give him all the time he needs we just need him healthy for the playoffs