LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Gore out 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Time for Coffee to step up. With VD on his game finally, I think we can handle Gore being sidelined.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4512366

Damn this hurts! Somewhat. I can handle not having him for the Stl game. The Atl game that sucks. then we have a bye week. so hopefully he'll be back by the texans game. time for coffee & robinson to get their game on! this is a huge blow. huge! since he's the best at receiving, and pass blocking, besides robinson. DAMNIT!!!!!!
my bad i didn't see it was posted already!
gore is my favorite player in any sport and i want him to rest that ankle and get better...........i have total confidence in this kid coffee, he's going to make us proud. especially against the weak a** rams
I guess we will see a heavy dose of strong Coffee!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Its obviously Obama's fault..
Now that Gore is out for 3 weeks, this is what I want to see:

1. Free Shaun! Let him manage the game with the running game AND passes!

2. Activate Sheets. Coffee is our new premier running back, but I would like to see us do what other teams in the league have done with success, 2 change of pace running backs. Lightning and thunder. Of Coffee and Espresso!

3. Get the ball to our new offensive play-maker, Vernon Davis! (It happened yesterday and I think it continues).

4. Get Mark Roman OFF of this football team, period! We are paying him to defend receivers, not to sack the QB. It's nice that he got pressure on the QB in a blitz, but that is majorly negated by his lack of field vision and coverage liability. Put Reggie Smith in there!

5. If Isaac Bruce keeps dropping passes, bench him and let Jason Hill play. I think this kid is hungry and will make a few nice plays for us. I am just not impressed with Bruce at all. He seems like he is just out there making a paycheck. Without Martz, Bruce has been very ineffective. How did he do after Martz left in St. Louis?

6. I want to see Singletary rally the offense like he did the defense. This defense is going to be fine, its the offense that needs a fire lit underneath them. Most notably our offensive line.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Time for Coffee to step up. With VD on his game finally, I think we can handle Gore being sidelined.

I agree...I think Coffee is A LOT better than some people think he is.

I will even step out on a limb and say that the TEAM and what we see on Sunday may not even miss him. Specifically...I mean that Coffee is going to play well enough it will be like we are not even missing Gore.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

I like Coffee a lot, but not sure that he has the body type to consistently take 25-28 touches per game. Coffee will need help in replacing Gore. Coffee alone can't do it. I see Robinson's PT at RB increasing, maybe getting 20-25% of the snaps at that position. Sheets, if called-up from the PS and activated on game day, will likely see most of his action on ST, at least until after the bye.
dont rush frank back.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
I like Coffee a lot, but not sure that he has the body type to consistently take 25-28 touches per game. Coffee will need help in replacing Gore. Coffee alone can't do it. I see Robinson's PT at RB increasing, maybe getting 20-25% of the snaps at that position. Sheets, if called-up from the PS and activated on game day, will likely see most of his action on ST, at least until after the bye.

We're going to have to pass more unfortunately
Originally posted by King49er:

We're going to have to pass more unfortunately

I'm not so sure. Both Singletary and Raye are stubborn about running the ball to protect the defense and limit the number of possessions by opponents. I don't see a bump in passing at all.
Originally posted by King49er:

We're going to have to pass more fortunately

i fixed it for you. we have moved the ball consistently when hill has had the chance to pass.
Share 49ersWebzone