LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Gore out 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jason La Canfora reported (no link yet) that its a high ankle strain, out atleast 2 weeks.

Time for Coffee to step up!!
[ Edited by Oscar on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Jason La Canfora reported (no link yet) that its a high ankle strain, out atleast 2 weeks.

• jcs
  • Veteran

High ankle sprains are pretty serious. If it's really a high ankle sprain, Gore will be out for longer than 2 weeks
Time to call up Kory Sheets from the practice squad
Matt Barrows: Niners refute NFL Network report that Frank Gore has the dreaded high- ankle sprain. The team says Gore has "ankle strain."

Matt Maiocco: A strain is an injury to the muscle or tendon, while a sprain is an injury to the ligament.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
Matt Barrows: Niners refute NFL Network report that Frank Gore has the dreaded high- ankle sprain. The team says Gore has "ankle strain."

Matt Maiocco: A strain is an injury to the muscle or tendon, while a sprain is an injury to the ligament.

I'd bet money he will be out longer. I have the feeling this is a lot worse than Frank is letting on. I say that because I think he mischaracterized how hurt he was before this game... the guy's got so much passion and heart, he just can't do the right thing and stay out of a game when he should.
They need to sit him for the Rams game regardless.

We proved today that we still have a shot to win without him.
Originally posted by jcs:

Originally posted by artiga1:

This! Coffee can't carry the team himself + I'm not all that impressed w/ Coffee so far. Sheets needs to be activated and light up the running game!

I think we should keep him out for 2 weeks. We should be able to beat St. Louis with the Coffee,Robinson,Sheets combo. He could rest up during the bye week then come back fresh against the Falcons
Great.........here come the "activate Sheets" threads
I liked what I saw from Coffee today. I think we'll be fine. Especially considering our schedule gets alot easier before the bye (Rams, and then Falcons).

Hopefully Gore will be good to go after that.
Originally posted by socal81:
I think we should keep him out for 2 weeks. We should be able to beat St. Louis with the Coffee,Robinson,Sheets combo. He could rest up during the bye week then come back fresh against the Falcons

its to bad the bye week is after the atlanta game
Originally posted by artiga1:

Check this out...
Share 49ersWebzone