LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 121 users in the forums

Gore out 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Gore will be out at least a month, I just hope we can get him healthy and close to 100% for the final 8 games of the season at least.
49ers RB Frank Gore aggravated same ankle injury he had. MRI today, but one team source said Gore "might need to rest a week or so."

-schefter
that sucks, but it might be a blessing in disguise, if it will force the team to reconsider how heavily it leans on Gore. Hopefully in the next few weeks we allow the passing game to carry the team so that when Gore comes back we'll have a complete and balanced offense.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
that sucks, but it might be a blessing in disguise, if it will force the team to reconsider how heavily it leans on Gore. Hopefully in the next few weeks we allow the passing game to carry the team so that when Gore comes back we'll have a complete and balanced offense.

I hope so but I don't think losing Gore is gonna change singletary and Raye's offensive goals which is run the ball.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers RB Frank Gore aggravated same ankle injury he had. MRI today, but one team source said Gore "might need to rest a week or so."

-schefter

This quote is all wrong. Everything I've read said it is not the same injury.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
High ankle sprains are pretty serious. If it's really a high ankle sprain, Gore will be out for longer than 2 weeks

strain...and i was at the game he was standing on the sideline pissed off that he wasn't playing
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
High ankle sprains are pretty serious. If it's really a high ankle sprain, Gore will be out for longer than 2 weeks

strain...and i was at the game he was standing on the sideline pissed off that he wasn't playing

I have read a couple of different articles that say he suffered a sprain in Seattle and a high ankle sprain on Sunday
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by teeohh:
it sucks that clayton got hurt, this would finally be his chance

I think without gore we open up the passing game next week, especially after the game vernon had. 50/50

clayton? haha. Freudian slip? at least we play the st louis rams and then the falcons and then we get a bye week. frank gore should be able to get three games.

no i mean thomas clayton, who maybe would have made the practice squad over sheets and would finally have a shot at playing during a regular season game
Originally posted by kujon11:
it sucks that clayton got hurt, this would finally be his chance

I think without gore we open up the passing game next week, especially after the game vernon had. 50/50

clayton? haha. Freudian slip? at least we play the st louis rams and then the falcons and then we get a bye week. frank gore should be able to get three games.

no i mean thomas clayton, who maybe would have made the practice squad over sheets and would finally have a shot at playing during a regular season game

This could have been his chance. Sheets is the new Clayton. I wonder if with the injury to Gore and Coffee being somewhat injured in the last 2 games if we bring Sheets up from the PS. But I think there is a thread about that so carry on.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
This is from twitter:

Originally posted by @SF_49ers:
Results of MRI - Gore show a right ankle strain and a right hind foot sprain that will sideline him for approximately 3 weeks.

This puts him back after the bye.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

49ers RB Frank Gore expected to miss 3 weeks, team announces.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Oscar:
This is from twitter:

Results of MRI - Gore show a right ankle strain and a right hind foot sprain that will sideline him for approximately 3 weeks.

Get well! Need him for the Playoffs!
This is from twitter:

This gives Coffee time to step up.
This is from twitter:

Great late breaking info! Thanks!

I ok with Coffee, but I'm not excited Robinson is the primary back up.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This is from twitter:

Great late breaking info! Thanks.
I ok with Coffee, but I'm not excited Robinson is the primary back up.

Now we know how long Gore is out, we need to get to work & let everyone step up.
Share 49ersWebzone