LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Gore out 3 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kory get your pads ready

your up!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Jason La Canfora reported (no link yet) that its a high ankle strain, out atleast 2 weeks.

Time for Coffee to step up!!
Well hello, Mr. Kory Sheets.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
NFL.com reported it's a high ankle sprain. Thats a 6-8 week injury. The 49ers say it's a STRAIN. A strain is damage to a muscle or tendon. A SPRAIN is damage to a ligament.
Originally posted by Oscar:
NFL.com reported it's a high ankle sprain. Thats a 6-8 week injury. The 49ers say it's a STRAIN. A strain is damage to a muscle or tendon. A SPRAIN is damage to a ligament.

There are varying levels of high ankle sprains. No ankle sprain (or strain) is alike.I expect him to be back after the bye.
Originally posted by baltien:
I liked what I saw from Coffee today. I think we'll be fine. Especially considering our schedule gets alot easier before the bye (Rams, and then Falcons).

Hopefully Gore will be good to go after that.

I like Coffee too, we just need to run more plays towards the edge not right up the middle.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Well hello, Mr. Kory Sheets.

Exactly. I personally think this kid is special. Wow is he fast.
Ligament Strain - Not the more serious high ankle sprain

he is listed as doubtful for this sunday

- nbc bob costas
Originally posted by ads_2006:

- nbc bob costas

Bump. He is correct. Rest him against the Lambs IMO.
it sucks that clayton got hurt, this would finally be his chance

I think without gore we open up the passing game next week, especially after the game vernon had. 50/50

Originally posted by teeohh:
it sucks that clayton got hurt, this would finally be his chance

I think without gore we open up the passing game next week, especially after the game vernon had. 50/50

clayton? haha. Freudian slip? at least we play the st louis rams and then the falcons and then we get a bye week. frank gore should be able to get three games.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

- nbc bob costas

Bump. He is correct. Rest him against the Lambs IMO.

Good news. See how he is for Atlanta. If not good enough, give him that week and the bye.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by artiga1:
Time to call up Kory Sheets from the practice squad

This! Coffee can't carry the team himself + I'm not all that impressed w/ Coffee so far. Sheets needs to be activated and light up the running game!

and who exactly is going to block for sheets? the same o line that (isn't) blocking for gore and coffee.

unless sheets is so good, he doesnt need an oline, i don't see him doing better than coffee or gore.

- nbc bob costas

ligament strain
is an oxymoron:

"Strains are injuries that affect muscles or tendons, thick bands that attach muscles to bones. They occur in response to a quick tear, twist, or pull of the muscle. Strains are an acute type of injury that results from overstretching or over contraction. Pain, weakness, and muscle spasms are common symptoms experienced after a strain occurs.

"Sprains are injuries that affect ligaments, thick bands of cartilage that attach bone to bone. They occur in response to a stretch or tear of a ligament. Sprains are an acute type of injury that results from trauma such as a fall or outside force that displaces the surrounding joint from its normal alignment. Sprains can range from a mild ligamentous stretch to a complete tear. Bruising, swelling, instability, and painful movement are common symptoms experienced after a sprain occurs. "

somebody at nbc or the niners needs to get their facts straight.
Damn! This sucks so bad. I hope its not like last year when he never really recovered from his ankle problem that he suffered last in the season. Gore could barely walk off the field.... I am scared.
Share 49ersWebzone