There are 184 users in the forums

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Tony Dungy on football night in america broke it down the last play perfectly. We didin't have enough people in the enzone and had too many defenders in the middle of the field. We should have had a hail mary defense in.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Me. I am responsible for the loss. I should have screamed louder at the TV on that last play to disrupt Favre.

Dungy just said it was the play calling. That we had too many defenders to protect the middle of the field and not enough protecting the sidelines and back of the endzone. Said Singletary will learn from this mistake...I feel good about the game even though we lost...
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hate to say it but the blame goes on the defense. The Vikings went 80 yards in 90 seconds, that is inexcusable with the game on the line.

That's BS. It should have never gotten to that. The offense blew the chance to put them away. TWICE!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hate to say it but the blame goes on the defense. The Vikings went 80 yards in 90 seconds, that is inexcusable with the game on the line.

Nope. we had the ball with 1:40 left and ran it 3 times up the middle and only used like 10 seconds off the clock just to give them the ball back. Pathetic attempt at nursing a 4 point lead and it only gave our D a few minutes of rest.

Exactly! lack of killer instinct!

I said the exact thing in the pre-game thread. If we don't put the Vikes aways when we have the chance, we'll be 2-1.
I blame the coaching. Raye for being to predictable and us going 0-11 on third downs, Singletary for not managing the time better. 3 staight running plays to run out the clock not passing and trying to pick up a first down to end the game and giving Favre enough time to beat us. Manusky for not having more guys in the endzone when that's what was needed to beat us.
Singletary
Why weren't there more defenders in the endzone on the last play?
Lady Luck lol
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Me.. I was at work and didn't have my lucky shorts and jersey on... Damn you recession damn you!!!
our beloved destiny!!

roman....

that muthaluba sucks donkey ball$...

messed up on two big plays that i saw today...
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Singletary

How bout the fact Greg Lewis made a really tough catch? I guess we can blame our guys or the coaching/play calling but the dude made a good catch.. Its a tough depressing loss but we can walk away knowing we can and WILL compete with the big boys! We're almost over the hump....
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Singletary

his philosophy is the reason we lost the game. when we win he gets the praise, when we lose he takes the heat.
How about the Refs for that BS roughing the passer and taunting call to put the Vikes in field goal range? There should have been no conversion, the Niners would be up 7 and worst case the Farve pass would of been for the tie. I want an official apology from the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone