LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

I don't think there's anyone to blame. Both teams played hard and Greg Lewis got lucky, especially being double-covered by Roman and goldson. So many coulda, woulda, shoulda's, but that's for every game. Sh*t happens, but for the first time in a long time, i'm expecting to win every week....and it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How about the Refs for that BS roughing the passer and taunting call to put the Vikes in field goal range? There should have been no conversion, the Niners would be up 7 and worst case the Farve pass would of been for the tie. I want an official apology from the NFL.

Bump
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Sometimes you need to be lucky to be good and on this day that was Favre. Sh!t happens, it's how you deal with it that defines a champion.

I think you're right on. We made the right call on the 3 runs on our last possession. If we pass we risk stopping the clock and give more to one of the best QB's of all time that I personally can't stand.

On the Football Tonight pre-game show Herm Edwards showed the poor formation of our defense of the final play. We had 5 defenders in the middle of the field. We really should have focused more on the sideline and end zone. With that being said, we still had 2 defenders close.

It was a lucky throw (Favre admitted he just threw it as hard as he could) and an amazing catch. You really can't read any more into it than just that.
How about the Refs for that BS roughing the passer and taunting call to put the Vikes in field goal range? There should have been no conversion, the Niners would be up 7 and worst case the Farve pass would of been for the tie. I want an official apology from the NFL.

Bump

For the roughing call, i agree, for the taunt, they showed spencer was in his face and deserved the call.

What I want the apology for were the numerous neutral zone infractions, which included the first frickin play where Henderson hit heitmann before he hiked the ball
Honestly luck is to blame. Bull s**t calls and a miracle play. f**k it. Time to get ready to smash the Lambs.
This is what our coaching staff lacks.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Those look like the ones that belong to vagina's. I think you failed.

Originally posted by Blitz:

I think the left one is bigger than the other

Might have to see a doctor about that...
Here is why we lost

"San Francisco 49ers at 1:49 SFO MIN
1st and 10 at SF 47 (1:49) G.Coffee right guard to SF 49 for 2 yards (K.Williams, E.Henderson).
Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:45.
2nd and 8 at SF 49 (1:45) G.Coffee up the middle to MIN 49 for 2 yards (P.Williams).
Timeout #2 by MIN at 01:41.
3rd and 6 at MIN 49 (1:41) G.Coffee right end to MIN 47 for 2 yards (E.Henderson).
4th and 4 at MIN 47 (1:36) A.Lee punts 47 yards to end zone, Center-B.Jennings, Touchback."
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Sep 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hate to say it but the blame goes on the defense. The Vikings went 80 yards in 90 seconds, that is inexcusable with the game on the line.

That's BS. It should have never gotten to that. The offense blew the chance to put them away. TWICE!

The offense put us up 24-20, our defense had to close out the game and they didn't. Like already mentioned the pass rush gave Favre all day to throw on the last drive and they got burned.
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 27, 2009 at 6:05 PM ]

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

that's normal

testicle n00b
Hill
I can say this was more of a symbolic victory,even if we didnt get the w. Our Defence played f'n tough.Period. There were a few mistakes on the o/line but stacked up against the vikings d' they held up extremely well when it came to pass protection and seemed most of the time they lack stregnth and a strong push to get a run game established.I give the o/line a c- Although this was a team effort there are so many places to point a finger.Whether its at that punk ass farve, J raye and some piss poor play calling on our last series.We could even blame the refs on that roughing the passer and taunting call(bogus calls) Plenty to work out but at the same time we went up there and showed we are meaning business.There is no one to blame this is just football and a damn good game although I hated the outcome
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

that's normal

testicle n00b

LOL, I'm okay with that title
  • B650
  • Veteran
Someone tell Jimmy Raye that good coaches adjust. If we're having trouble running the ball and the entire state of Minnesota knows that we're running, why not try a little screen pass or something that's safe? I really didn't like those 3 straight running plays, considering that they were playing the run and our main back was hurt. It doesn't make any sense to me. The same thing happened in Arizona. I guess we don't learn from our mistakes.

Time still runs if there's a completed pass. Does Raye know this or not? We need to stop playing so conservatively. Enough with being stubborn. This is the NFL and you have to mix things up. You have to be aggressive. That's why we lost. We weren't aggressive enough on defense either when it mattered the most.

Hill is limited in what he can do, but you can help him out by calling plays creatively. We're too vanilla right now. Whenever we pass, we seem to do well, yet it seems that we only open up the offense in the 4th quarter. We need to play like that right out of the gate and put teams away. We need to play to beat the other team, not just to hang around.

Lastly, I noticed that Hill holds on to the ball far too long. It seems like he almost always waits for the WRs to improvise after their initial routes because he's not confident enough to make the throw right away. With the game on the line, for one reason or another, he tends to make those throws. I think a lot of it is mental for Hill. He needs to be more aggressive. It's OK to make a few mistakes because we have a good defense this year. Playing this conservatively will never amount to anything anyway, so you might as well take some chances.

He's scared to lose his job. He saw what happened last year with O'Sullivan and doesn't doesn't want the same thing happening to himself. What he needs to realize is that if you don't make enough plays and you're too conservative, you could be replaced. It's not just about not turning the ball over. You have to produce. I hope we let the offense loose against the Rams.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 29, 2009 at 12:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone