LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

There were some calls on offense that I thought weren't aggressive enough throughout the game, but I was particularly peeved with the defense on the gamewinner for the vikings... one play, obviously going to the endzone, and we are out if position and under-defending that part of the field. I am also mad at the non review of the deflection at the end of the half--sing shouldve screamed about that one....
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Why weren't there more defenders in the endzone on the last play?

That my friend is the $64,000 question
I blame Favre
The blame definently goes to jimmy raye. The TEAM had the game won but JIMMYS 3 runs in a row when thats pretty much all you do all game... come on now we SHOULD have won that game i got a nervous feeling as soon as i seen 3 runs in a row...im like brett favre is capable of anything...what the hell was this guy thinking. His play book must be 2 pages long... i wanna see just ALITTLE more passing...
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I blame my wife for praying to God that the Niners would lose, because I pissed her off earlier in the day. So honey, I am really sorry I made you mad because I asked you to take the kids out while I watch the Niner game. Ultimately, I blame myself for the Niners losing and I am very sorry I was such a jerk. Next time I will not ask you to take the kids out while I watch the game and just allow you and the kids to distract me while I am attempting to watch the game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElmiraNiner52:
The blame definently goes to jimmy raye. The TEAM had the game won but JIMMYS 3 runs in a row when thats pretty much all you do all game... come on now we SHOULD have won that game i got a nervous feeling as soon as i seen 3 runs in a row...im like brett favre is capable of anything...what the hell was this guy thinking. His play book must be 2 pages long... i wanna see just ALITTLE more passing...

I'm not going to buy that. Yes, he made some mistakes, like running the ball 3 straight times into the belly of the Vikings' defense, calling too many of the same running plays that make it obvious when we're running, etc. But the reason we lost the game isn't soley on him. He's just part of the reason.

In order to go on the road and beat a good team like the Vikings, you have to put up your best effort. Giving up a special teams touchdown to a rookie right after you scored and extended the lead is a big reason why we lost the game too. What about the defense playing soft that final drive?

Everyone wants to blame Raye or Roman for this. I think there's blame on everyone, from the coaches to the players. You know, maybe if the defense actually pressured Favre on that last play, Roman wouldn't have been running around for 10 seconds like a headless chicken. You can't expect people to stick on their guys for that long. It was obvious that Favre had all day back there and he was going to pick us apart, yet we only rushed like 3 people at him and gave him all the time in the World to find the open guy. Ridiculous if you ask me. Basically, the entire team is to blame and I hope they learn from this game.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM ]
i blame the D u cant let them go 80 yds for a TD thats unacceptable
It's my fault guys. I took off my lucky jersey when I had to go to the restroom. The blame is on my shoulders last week.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
It's my fault guys. I took off my lucky jersey when I had to go to the restroom. The blame is on my shoulders last week.

lol acually i jinxed us i said who the hell wins a football game when they go 0/11 in third down conversions
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

lol acually i jinxed us i said who the hell wins a football game when they go 0/11 in third down conversions

Aha! It was you! And all this time I thought it was me.

I don't think anyone is to blame (at least not the players and coaches that tried)-I look at it like this, if Gore was healthy-we win this game no questions asked. I think the root cause that it could possibly go to if any is Crabtree because he could be the missing link to this offense and he has not signed yet. When it comes time to trade him, I think it will be difficult because who wants someone like that, who could potentially hold out.

But, I see nothing but good things for the 49ers, I think if they continue to learn from these games-they will get better at closing them out.
With Gire in we win at their home pretty decisively. If they make the playoffs, because we will be there we will beat them with Frank Gore
I Blame to Roman and Kewis also probably Goldson too.. cuz they are too slow to read them that play. i hate to see that roman gave up that touchdown that wrong!!! i am soo piss off.. f**k Roman dude.. pls cut now roman and kewis and well goldson too..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Someone tell Jimmy Raye that good coaches adjust. If we're having trouble running the ball and the entire state of Minnesota knows that we're running, why not try a little screen pass or something that's safe? I really didn't like those 3 straight running plays, considering that they were playing the run and our main back was hurt. It doesn't make any sense to me. The same thing happened in Arizona. I guess we don't learn from our mistakes.

Time still runs if there's a completed pass. Does Raye know this or not? We need to stop playing so conservatively. Enough with being stubborn. This is the NFL and you have to mix things up. You have to be aggressive. That's why we lost. We weren't aggressive enough on defense either when it mattered the most.

Hill is limited in what he can do, but you can help him out by calling plays creatively. We're too vanilla right now. Whenever we pass, we seem to do well, yet it seems that we only open up the offense in the 4th quarter. We need to play like that right out of the gate and put teams away. We need to play to beat the other team, not just to hang around.

Lastly, I noticed that Hill holds on to the ball far too long. It's almost like he waits for the WRs to improvise after their initial routes because he's not confident enough to make the throw right away. With the game on the line, for one reason or another, he tends to make those throws. I think a lot of it is mental for Hill. He needs to be more aggressive. It's OK to make a few mistakes because we have a good defense this year. Playing this conservatively will never amount to anything anyway, so you might as well take some chances.

He's scared to lose his job. He saw what happened last year with O'Sullivan and he doesn't want that to happen to him. What he needs to realize is that if you don't make enough plays and you're too conservative, you could be replaced. It's not just about not turning the ball over. You have to produce. I hope we let the offense loose against the Rams.

Hill holds on to the ball because he can't step into a pocket to throw the ball...in fact there were times yesterday when the Defenders were beating him to his 3 step drop
  • Mex49
Oh, how far we have come. We still blame Nolan for everything but after this monumental f**k up, the headcoach isnt even on the list.

Give me a f**king break. I love to see the team Nolan built finally mature and play together. I am happy with Sing but the love fest for him is a bit over the top
Share 49ersWebzone