There are 242 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When a Loss is a Win

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

Originally posted by ZRF80:
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.
Damn, if only we would have had Dilfer as QB we would have blown them out.

Seriously though, we adjusted well after Favre hurt us by reading our blitzes well. Our four man fronts on passing downs still applied good pressure and our run D was awesome throughout the game. This game showed me that we have the foundation in place, now we need to build upwards, particularly on defense.

All in all a very good performance but I agree our offense left a few things to be desired. We are in desperate need of a deep threat.

Delanie blew it on the long pass that Minnesota intercepted. It was awesome to see Singletary get in his face and hold him accountable for quitting on the play.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
My heart is not broken. It sucks to lose like that, but we were not outclassed my any means, and that was after losing our best offensive weapon on the first play. I still feel real good about our squad.

Now they have a reason to be pissed off, too.

Right on ....... you gotta love these players.

I'd hate to be the RAMS.
I hope we see them in the playoffs
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I love this team.....

I HATE THIS OL.

OL Needs to all grow a sack and man up untill we will be a team that can close out an opponent.
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

You're a freaking idiot. How can you be on this website and not love this team. Did you expect them to go 16-0. Negative fans like you are the worst, probably never played sports in your life, but you can do so much better.....CLOWN!
Yup yup! I hate this loss with a passion but our players are playing 4 qtrs. Totally different team from Nolans, eventhough it's pretty much the same players. Let's go , 3-1 next week baby!!!!!!!
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.
Damn, if only we would have had Dilfer as QB we would have blown them out.

Seriously though, we adjusted well after Favre hurt us by reading our blitzes well. Our four man fronts on passing downs still applied good pressure and our run D was awesome throughout the game. This game showed me that we have the foundation in place, now we need to build upwards, particularly on defense.

All in all a very good performance but I agree our offense left a few things to be desired. We are in desperate need of a deep threat.

Delanie blew it on the long pass that Minnesota intercepted. It was awesome to see Singletary get in his face and hold him accountable for quitting on the play.

That's the beauty of Sing - he makes everyone accountable, including Raye. Notice, no stupid Taser this week.
Originally posted by jrg:

Grizzly have you watched the NFL the past few years? We played very well today against a very solid team and that comment was way off base.
I love this team! What a gritty performance by hill and the D. Vernon Davis is a beast in blocking AND receiving. I f**kin hate the playcalling. We deserve respect mainly cuz of our incredible defense... And next year when we address our O-Line problems in the draft we will be a force.
Originally posted by Tracy49er:

You're a freaking idiot. How can you be on this website and not love this team. Did you expect them to go 16-0. Negative fans like you are the worst, probably never played sports in your life, but you can do so much better.....CLOWN!

I do love this team. But I hate it when players & fans are happy with losing. That's all I'm saying. I don't believe this team is as good as everyone is making them out to be. I desperately hope I'm wrong. I think next year we WILL make the playoffs. The score didn't show it, but we got killed today. Nevertheless, I do like the fact that you guys are defending the team. Just don't be so happy about losing. That's the way they are in Cleveland and Detroit.
If we could take it to playoff calibur team the way we did today, I just can't see how we're not going to win the West to the least and get into the playoffs.

Sure, we lost, but we're still going to win the West and that's all that counts. -A lot of people put too much into this game (even myself) when our last 2 games were more important (whether you want to pick them apart or not).

-We're going to beat the crap out of the Rams next week at home and be 3-0 in the division, you can't ask for much more for what we're yet to become down the season stretch.

We're going to be the 1989 Cleveland Indians, Shaun Hill is our 'wild thing' and Issac Bruce is our 'Tom Berenger', we'll make the playoffs and shock the world.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM ]

I do love this team. But I hate it when players & fans are happy with losing. That's all I'm saying. I don't believe this team is as good as everyone is making them out to be. I desperately hope I'm wrong. I think next year we WILL make the playoffs. The score didn't show it, but we got killed today. Nevertheless, I do like the fact that you guys are defending the team. Just don't be so happy about losing. That's the way they are in Cleveland and Detroit.

What everyone is saying is that we love the players , we love the team , nobody is happy about losing .......

And don't put us in the same category as Cleveland or Detroit.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I love the players, don't like the coaches too much.

Are you seriously comparing us to Cleveland and Detroit? You really are an idiot. You definately do not love this team. And no, I'm not happy we lost we HAD this game I am pissed. But Cleveland got beat 35-3 today against a team comparable to the Vikings and Detroit ended a 19 game losing streak against a bad Washington team. We beat the defending NFC Champs (the Cardinals), who you say is a terrible team. Then, we push what many consider one of the elite teams in the NFC (the Vikings) to the limit and lose on a STUPID f**king play by who else.. Mark Roman, the man with a 2 inch vertical leap. So just stop being a troll and support the gritty performance of our defense and QB. It is a long season and like Singletary said -- we'll see them again in the playoffs.