LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

When a Loss is a Win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by Tracy49er:
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

You're a freaking idiot. How can you be on this website and not love this team. Did you expect them to go 16-0. Negative fans like you are the worst, probably never played sports in your life, but you can do so much better.....CLOWN!

I do love this team. But I hate it when players & fans are happy with losing. That's all I'm saying. I don't believe this team is as good as everyone is making them out to be. I desperately hope I'm wrong. I think next year we WILL make the playoffs. The score didn't show it, but we got killed today. Nevertheless, I do like the fact that you guys are defending the team. Just don't be so happy about losing. That's the way they are in Cleveland and Detroit.

Nobody is happy we lost. We are happy our team is finally legit. WE ARE A LEGIT CONTENDER NOW. Sorry you failed to see that.
I honestly think the refs lost us this game. And The reason I say that is because the taunting call they made on spencer. Instead of us getting the ball back it gave them a 1st down and they got a free 3 points. And the whole game I was thinkng " if we lose by 3 or less it's the refs fault. And guess what? We lost 27-24
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!

You're a freaking idiot. How can you be on this website and not love this team. Did you expect them to go 16-0. Negative fans like you are the worst, probably never played sports in your life, but you can do so much better.....CLOWN!

I do love this team. But I hate it when players & fans are happy with losing. That's all I'm saying. I don't believe this team is as good as everyone is making them out to be. I desperately hope I'm wrong. I think next year we WILL make the playoffs. The score didn't show it, but we got killed today. Nevertheless, I do like the fact that you guys are defending the team. Just don't be so happy about losing. That's the way they are in Cleveland and Detroit.

Nobody is happy we lost. We are happy our team is finally legit. WE ARE A LEGIT CONTENDER NOW. Sorry you failed to see that.

I wouldn't say a legit contender just yet. Nothing more substantial than the win/loss column. When we beat a legit team and contain a winning record, we will be a legit contender...

Sounds an awful lot like Sabrason.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Are you seriously comparing us to Cleveland and Detroit? You really are an idiot. You definately do not love this team. And no, I'm not happy we lost we HAD this game I am pissed. But Cleveland got beat 35-3 today against a team comparable to the Vikings and Detroit ended a 19 game losing streak against a bad Washington team. We beat the defending NFC Champs (the Cardinals), who you say is a terrible team. Then, we push what many consider one of the elite teams in the NFC (the Vikings) to the limit and lose on a STUPID f**king play by who else.. Mark Roman, the man with a 2 inch vertical leap. So just stop being a troll and support the gritty performance of our defense and QB. It is a long season and like Singletary said -- we'll see them again in the playoffs.

That play wasn't really Romans fault, it was just a great play by the receiver, sometimes you just get beat, even when you do all the right things. Roman was right where he should have been and the guy still made the catch. The most important thing to take away from this game is without Gore and not converting a single third down, we were still within a minute of winning this game that we were underdogs in. Not one of our players gave up or quit trying, sometimes it just isn't enough. This team is making strides and anyone that doesn't see that is blinded by their emotions over a tough loss.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Are you seriously comparing us to Cleveland and Detroit? You really are an idiot. You definately do not love this team. And no, I'm not happy we lost we HAD this game I am pissed. But Cleveland got beat 35-3 today against a team comparable to the Vikings and Detroit ended a 19 game losing streak against a bad Washington team. We beat the defending NFC Champs (the Cardinals), who you say is a terrible team. Then, we push what many consider one of the elite teams in the NFC (the Vikings) to the limit and lose on a STUPID f**king play by who else.. Mark Roman, the man with a 2 inch vertical leap. So just stop being a troll and support the gritty performance of our defense and QB. It is a long season and like Singletary said -- we'll see them again in the playoffs.

That play wasn't really Romans fault, it was just a great play by the receiver, sometimes you just get beat, even when you do all the right things. Roman was right where he should have been and the guy still made the catch. The most important thing to take away from this game is without Gore and not converting a single third down, we were still within a minute of winning this game that we were underdogs in. Not one of our players gave up or quit trying, sometimes it just isn't enough. This team is making strides and anyone that doesn't see that is blinded by their emotions over a tough loss.

And MAJOR props to VD!!!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

And MAJOR props to VD!!!

Amen brother, the man-child has grown up.

problem is roman ALWAYS gets beat. damn i hate that guy. we got players and a coach i have an uncontrollable hatred towards to and cant wait till they are gone. as the days get closer to next sun i'll have this loss in my back pocket and will not tune in to nfl net or espn so i dont have to see and hear it but i want dismember the rams come sunday at the stick to prove to me that this loss is behind us and were ready to move on.

Oh I completely agree. This team makes me extremely happy with the way it just never quits. This loss may prove to be a catalyst for us to try to improve much much more in the weeks to come. I just always seem to see #26 when a play is behind the secondary. It's my personal vendetta for him. He fell down on that 3rd down play that kept the drive alive where the next play was the TD to sidney rice. And honestly... he had a terrible read and timing of a jump on that ball. You're in prevent, you have 1/4 of the endzone to cover and you let the 4th receiver beat you. Yes, great play by Lewis, but roman shoulda had a hand up there to try and bat it away.
This team have Heart ! nuf said !

This is one of the most heart breaking loses I have ever felt up there with losing to the Cowboys in the 72 NFC Championship game.

This team played there hearts out and never gave up they created there own luck with the blocked field goal return for a TD. Each week a new player is stepping up. Even though we lost V Davis had IMO the best game yet in his career. Peterson had 1 run for 35 yards but avg. 2.2 yards on his other 18 carries. Farve and Lewis had to be perfect and unfortunately they were but the rest of the game Farve looked horrible at times being booed by Vikings fans I give credit to our D for making Farve look that bad at times.

I don’t know what the rest of this season holds for us as far as wins and loses. After the St. Louis game we have a tough stretch of games. What I do know is we will be in every single one of those games and surprise the NFL talking heads.
Originally posted by cNiner:
This team have Heart ! nuf said !

agree
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
This is one of the most heart breaking loses I have ever felt up there with losing to the Cowboys in the 72 NFC Championship game.

This team played there hearts out and never gave up they created there own luck with the blocked field goal return for a TD. Each week a new player is stepping up. Even though we lost V Davis had IMO the best game yet in his career. Peterson had 1 run for 35 yards but avg. 2.2 yards on his other 18 carries. Farve and Lewis had to be perfect and unfortunately they were but the rest of the game Farve looked horrible at times being booed by Vikings fans I give credit to our D for making Farve look that bad at times.

I don’t know what the rest of this season holds for us as far as wins and loses. After the St. Louis game we have a tough stretch of games. What I do know is we will be in every single one of those games and surprise the NFL talking heads.

yup
Good s**t! The runs were questionable, but Sing has proven to learn from mistakes. If Hill can end like this, why not let him start like this ... In my humble opinion
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ban this grizzlyadams fool.
Share 49ersWebzone