LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 160 users in the forums

When a Loss is a Win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have grit and we refuse to quit.

In spite of the loss, we played a great game. We lost Gore on the 1st play and Staley for a big chunk of the 2nd half. Those are our two best players on offense and we came one 1st down away from winning. There were no glaring stupid mistakes and not one guy out there quit, as least not that I saw. Minnesota's 12th man on the field (the refs) and the home-crowd noise gave them the edge they needed to win, but they never ran away with this one. We were in it from start to finish.

We went toe-to-toe with one of the Superbowl contenders from the NFC, taking on a legendary HOF-lock QB in the process and we shut down the best running back in the league. Not too shabby. The three runs in a row when we needed a 1st down were questionable.l I agreed with the call at the time. We had the game in hand and didn't want to take chances, In hindsight maybe we should have.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but the quality of our play has me feeling the most positive I've felt about our team in several years.

GO NINERS!!!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
We have grit and we refuse to quit.

In spite of the loss, we played a great game. We lost Gore on the 1st play and Staley for a big chunk of the 2nd half. Those are our two best players on offense and we came one 1st down away from winning. There were no glaring stupid mistakes and not one guy out there quit, as least not that I saw. Minnesota's 12th man on the field (the refs) and the home-crowd noise gave them the edge they needed to win, but they never ran away with this one. We were in it from start to finish.

We went toe-to-toe with one of the Superbowl contenders from the NFC, taking on a legendary HOF-lock QB in the process and we shut down the best running back in the league. Not too shabby. The three runs in a row when we needed a 1st down were questionable.l I agreed with the call at the time. We had the game in hand and didn't want to take chances, In hindsight maybe we should have.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but the quality of our play has me feeling the most positive I've felt about our team in several years.

GO NINERS!!!

A positive thread, thx.
Thanks you for this. At least I know this place is gonna be somewhat bearable this week.
agreed I loved watching this D smack people around today!!!
I am with you guys... I am still disappointed but we will learn from this and hopefully we will win games for it...

go niners

• ZRF80
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.
My heart is not broken. It sucks to lose like that, but we were not outclassed my any means, and that was after losing our best offensive weapon on the first play. I still feel real good about our squad.

Now they have a reason to be pissed off, too.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Agreed! I love this team, you can see the fire in there eyes, they never gave up.

Originally posted by ZRF80:
to be honest, I think everyone will be reassessing just how much of a Superbowl contender Minn. is in the coming weeks. We manhandled them all day; our inept offense kept us from blowing them out. On top of that, they struggled against Cleveland and Detroit.

Take away AP, and Minn. isnt as good as everyone thinks.

Take away Favre, and that is definitely a loss for them. We did this without Gore, against a team that could very well be superbowl contenders, I hope the niners grow much more from this.

Here's to 3-1 going into the bye!
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!
I don't care what other fools are saying on the Zone. What we did today shows we are a good team. Right now a lot of people are pissed over the loss, including me. I'm telling you, this team will make alot of noise this season. We will learn from this loss.
Its obvious that the refs wanted minnesota to win, if we had gotten some of those glaring missed calls we would have easily won. I just hope sing keeps this team mentally strong after a tough loss like today. There's not one team in this league that we cant play with.
Share 49ersWebzone