There are 235 users in the forums

When a Loss is a Win

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
We have grit and we refuse to quit.

In spite of the loss, we played a great game. We lost Gore on the 1st play and Staley for a big chunk of the 2nd half. Those are our two best players on offense and we came one 1st down away from winning. There were no glaring stupid mistakes and not one guy out there quit, as least not that I saw. Minnesota's 12th man on the field (the refs) and the home-crowd noise gave them the edge they needed to win, but they never ran away with this one. We were in it from start to finish.

We went toe-to-toe with one of the Superbowl contenders from the NFC, taking on a legendary HOF-lock QB in the process and we shut down the best running back in the league. Not too shabby. The three runs in a row when we needed a 1st down were questionable.l I agreed with the call at the time. We had the game in hand and didn't want to take chances, In hindsight maybe we should have.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but the quality of our play has me feeling the most positive I've felt about our team in several years.

GO NINERS!!!

A positive thread, thx.

Completely agree! Thanks
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
We have grit and we refuse to quit.

In spite of the loss, we played a great game. We lost Gore on the 1st play and Staley for a big chunk of the 2nd half. Those are our two best players on offense and we came one 1st down away from winning. There were no glaring stupid mistakes and not one guy out there quit, as least not that I saw. Minnesota's 12th man on the field (the refs) and the home-crowd noise gave them the edge they needed to win, but they never ran away with this one. We were in it from start to finish.

We went toe-to-toe with one of the Superbowl contenders from the NFC, taking on a legendary HOF-lock QB in the process and we shut down the best running back in the league. Not too shabby. The three runs in a row when we needed a 1st down were questionable.l I agreed with the call at the time. We had the game in hand and didn't want to take chances, In hindsight maybe we should have.

I'm disappointed in the loss, but the quality of our play has me feeling the most positive I've felt about our team in several years.

GO NINERS!!!

A positive thread, thx.

Completely agree! Thanks
thank god for the zone and the zoners man... i have to answer to a bunch of cowboy fans just making fun of me and s**t!!! i hate it!!!!!..... brett favre just made the list.
1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree
4. Brett Muthaf**kin Favre
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
thank god for the zone and the zoners man... i have to answer to a bunch of cowboy fans just making fun of me and s**t!!! i hate it!!!!!..... brett favre just made the list.
1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree

feels good to go somewhere that fellow niners feel my pain
I just wanted to win.
1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree

I can't stand Farve. I'm with you on that one. Tired of him and all his Drama.
So disappointed in the loss, but I am pleased the way the players never stop fighting. They can definitely win the West, and possibly make some noise in the playoffs if the O-line can come together.

VD looked reallly good today and made some great grabs in traffic that he would have dropped last year, and Hill looks like he can get the job done. Now if Jimmy Raye could be a little more unpredictable, the offense could go far.
1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree

Lol, man Brett Favre has always been on my list.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
How can you love a team that loses? This team is pathetic. They beat two really bad teams, and lost to another really bad team. This is the Vikings we're talking about. Please. They never do anything!
Originally posted by jrg:
Ban this grizzlyadams fool.

Agreed....what a tool.

1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree

I've hated Favre hatred since the 1995 playoffs. Favre has been a 49ers curse when it comes to 'important' games for our franchise.
yeah it sucks we have to root for the cowboys on mon night too!!
I've always loved this team and love them even more now. Those guys on Defense played their hearts out. Hated to see it end like that. Go 9ers, I'm with you all the way!
This team is headed in the right direction...but we are still a player or two from being a serious playoff team. I do think we have a shot to make the playoffs but next year with 2 1st rd picks and maybe a big FA signing and I think we are competing for the superbowl.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
1. Cowboys
2. Deion Sanders
3. Michael Crabtree

I've hated Favre hatred since the 1995 playoffs. Favre has been a 49ers curse when it comes to 'important' games for our franchise.

Hopefully that is the last time we see him, although he'll probably play till he's 47 and the media will be all over his junk. I don't even want to turn on the tv because it'll be a Favre suckfest.
Share 49ersWebzone