There are 244 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Lawson was our leading tackler
lets just leave it at that

Lawson did a damn good job. It is what it is, a hard loss. Everybody played their azzez off. The only problems I had was with the O-line and ST's. If we could have been able to run on that last drive and ate more clock. Not to mention giving up that TD on a return.
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Sep 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Lawson was our leading tackler
lets just leave it at that

Lawson did a damn good job. It is what it is, a heart breaking loss.

fixed
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lawson sucks at pass rushing he shouldn't even be in the game in that situation.
I noticed this too, It looked like he was just jogging. If he was going at 110% he would have gotten a sack with ease.
Originally posted by susweel:
Lawson sucks at pass rushing he shouldn't even be in the game in that situation.

I thought he had a good game
Originally posted by backontop:

Me too. I saw him blow up a fullback and a TE while rushing the passer on separate occassions. We must have been watching a different game.
Also when the vikes were on 4th and 5 Dre Bly dropped a interception that would have given us another touchdown! I'm still sick to my stomach........seeing the cards getting killed by the colts helped a little.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I noticed this too, It looked like he was just jogging. If he was going at 110% he would have gotten a sack with ease.

Thanks... At least someone else noticed... Not discrediting the guy... or bashing him... I like him... he's a good player. Not great, or even worth his draft position, but an asset to the team.

All I was asking is if anyone else noticed this... and what your thoughts on it are...
It's time to get ready for next week, our guys left everything out on the field, I'm proud of our 49ers, were headed in the right direction.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Me too. I saw him blow up a fullback and a TE while rushing the passer on separate occassions. We must have been watching a different game.

He made some tackles but he was nowhere near the QB when he rushed.

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

He made some tackles but he was nowhere near the QB when he rushed.

you sure you were watching the same game? He created pressure causing Favre to step up into the pocket and rush his throw. But I guess he didn't get that glory stat so he must have never been anywhere near Favre.

Does anyone else say "fov-ray" in their head when they are typing his damn name?

He did
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
How we couldve easily won:
1) Dre Bly catches that INT that he dropped he wouldve EASILY took it for 6. GG
2) We go for the first down and get it on 3rd and 6 when Vikings have on timeout. But no, were vanilla.
3) Mark Roman pushes Greg Lewis out, there was no way he could have kept his feet in if he pushed him.
4) Spurlock makes that tackle on Harvin on the KR for TD.
5) If Gore
6) We could have called a time out before the Vikings' offense last play, give the d-line a rest because they were panting like dogs.
7) Just Smith was this: || close to getting a sack/hit on favre before the hail mary, Favre wouldnt of been able to make that pass.
8) Maybe, just maybe, if we blitzed we couldve got pressure because Favre had ALL FRICKEN DAY to throw not just on the Hail Mary, but on the whole drive.

We had so many chances, theres a lot more than what i typed, and we blew those chances.
I blame the loss on Roman for not being good at football. As a veteran player you gotta make the right play...and he didnt..hes a bum, needs to get cut now...
should of blitzed at least one extra man. Let them have the underneath short stuff, who cares. Just cover the end zone!
Share 49ersWebzone