There are 268 users in the forums

Defensive post-game analysis (@ Minn)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the defense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ang:
Please use this thread for post-game analysis of the defense as a whole, and/or individual players.

Be advised that relevant threads may be merged into this one at the discretion of the moderating staff.

Who gave up that winning td? Who blew coverage?

Bly should have picked that ball off.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brandonjg:

Mark Roman.

Cut his ass NOW!!!!
Boy if our cornerbacks had some better hands

left some ones out there

they played well, but the offense couldnt get it done.

Roman gave that up, fail!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Boy if our cornerbacks had some better hands

left some ones out there

they played well, but the offense couldnt get it done.

I get the we wont to dominate, lets just do it right. Lets not be stubborn about it lets be smart, then we kill them.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Mark Roman.

Cut his ass NOW!!!!

Why Roman is even on the field is a mystery...
I know everyone is going to blame this loss on the Offense and their conservative play, but the goal wasn't to run out the clock on our last drive, it was to get rid of their time outs.

In my mind this loss goes on the defense. It's unacceptable to allow them to get out of bounds when the catch the ball 5 yards from the sideline. On the TD pass to put the Vikes up the pass rush was just atrocious! Why are our pass rushers trying to spear Favre? If Justin Smith just broke down and harassed Favre rather than trying to be a hero and spear him to the ground the Niners win this game. It's unacceptable if you let a 40 year old man avoid your pass rush to buy an extra 5 seconds.
great game, but defense 101!!!!!!! AS A SAFETY IN THAT SITUATION, NEVER LET A WR GET BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by mryan1004:
great game, but defense 101!!!!!!! AS A SAFETY IN THAT SITUATION, NEVER LET A WR GET BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what the hell was he thinking when he was trying to bat the ball down, just knock him out of the end zone and secure the damn win.

A win is a win. I think the last throw was a desperate attempt and sometimes those get caught. Our defense played well for the most part, and our special teams...man that 101yd return burnt us.
I guess there are always ifs and buts, we lost today, and hopefully that will make us a better team.
We still lead our division, so that's the good part.
Originally posted by mryan1004:

mark roman. what do you expect
Yea as wack and conservative as the offense got this goes on the defense and that final play. Just unacceptable all around.
blahh...it had to be roman covering the guy
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
I see Roman still has some Nowin in him. Classic Nowin regime play on his part. I can't wait for the day when he is no longer needed on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone