There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Originally posted by rum53:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/01/a-few-details-on-the-crabtree-tampering-case/

interesting. 2 gms from other teams will be handling the investigation. i hope bill polian is one of them. i hope the other is parcells.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/01/a-few-details-on-the-crabtree-tampering-case/

interesting. 2 gms from other teams will be handling the investigation. i hope bill polian is one of them. i hope the other is parcells.

Seems like a way for Goodell to sweep it under the rug without actually doing it himself.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
How long does it take for the NFL to investigate something like this? It seems like its taking a while. That must be a good thing though. If they didnt have any evidence to look at I would assume they would have made a decision days ago..

That's a tough question to answer because there hasn't been much precedence. I know of the 49ers v Bears issue and nothing else.

My guess is that this will be dealt with in the off season. Between the Superbowl and the draft.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Seems like a way for Goodell to sweep it under the rug without actually doing it himself.

If Goodell handled this himself, then people would be unhappy that he's not sharing the power. It's a lose/lose situation when people are gunning for him.

Anybody remember who the 2 "Security Managers" were that investigated the tampering charges brought against the Niners a couple of years back? I thought it was Goodell himself that investigated that one...

[ Edited by D_Niner on Oct 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by carl:

If Goodell handled this himself, then people would be unhappy that he's not sharing the power. It's a lose/lose situation when people are gunning for him.

Who would be mad about him not sharing the power? He is the commish? That is his job. He is just trying to brush this under the rug to save his beloved Jets. Nothing will come of this and Goodell will make the 49ers look like a bunch of clowns. The evidence can show clearly that the Jets tampered but that won't matter because Goodell isn't taking it seriously.
  • carl
  • Veteran

Who would be mad about him not sharing the power? He is the commish? That is his job. He is just trying to brush this under the rug to save his beloved Jets. Nothing will come of this and Goodell will make the 49ers look like a bunch of clowns. The evidence can show clearly that the Jets tampered but that won't matter because Goodell isn't taking it seriously.

Okay... so without seeing the evidence the 49ers provided or knowing how this turns out you know that Goodel is brushing this under the rug and not taking this serious. That's awesome.

Okay... so without seeing the evidence the 49ers provided or knowing how this turns out you know that Goodel is brushing this under the rug and not taking this serious. That's awesome.

I'm not so sure. If anything, GMs are DONT want the 49ers to break the slotting because it will forever set a precedent. Just because they're not dealing with Parker today doesn't mean they won't have to deal with him tomorrow.

Didn't Goodell review the tampering charges against us. Why, now, do we need 2 "Security Managers" to do this (which looks to be an easier) investigation. Something just isn't right here.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Didn't Goodell review the tampering charges against us. Why, now, do we need 2 "Security Managers" to do this (which looks to be an easier) investigation. Something just isn't right here.

Yeah, and that something is our team resides on the wrong coast.
Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Yeah, and that something is our team resides on the wrong coast.

that is exactly what it is. Don't expect anything out of this so called investigation. This will be pushed aside till it is forgotten.

Why waste the time of other GMs if he wants it swept under the rug, I didn't make the same correlation you did.
Originally posted by teeohh:

Why waste the time of other GMs if he wants it swept under the rug, I didn't make the same correlation you did.

Just becaues he says that 2 GM's will be investigating the claim doesn't mean it will get investigated
This just in:

The two GMs selected to lead the "security team" are from the Jets and Cowboys. All findings will be reported through the NFL network via Deion Sanders!

But on a serious note, why pick two GMs? How do we know they dont have a vested interest? This seems too important not to be run by the office itself.
I read the article that said two Security Managers, not GM's.