LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by E-49er:
Jets fans are the only fans that boo their first round pick in the draft year in and year out. I don't remember a year since I have been watching the draft (since early 90's) that they haven't boo'd there pick. East coast teams get alot more love on ESPN and NFLN because of their "East Coast Bias". Goodell will find a way to screw th Niners on this, mark my words.

They get a lot more love because they are much much better.
The Jets have moved up to my 2nd worst team behind the Cowboys.

The combination of the tampering charge, Rex Ryan's comments, and the media cock sucking contest has done it for me.
Originally posted by miked1978:

The combination of the tampering charge, Rex Ryan's comments, and the media cock sucking contest has done it for me.

+1
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Jets fans are the only fans that boo their first round pick in the draft year in and year out. I don't remember a year since I have been watching the draft (since early 90's) that they haven't boo'd there pick. East coast teams get alot more love on ESPN and NFLN because of their "East Coast Bias". Goodell will find a way to screw th Niners on this, mark my words.

Where's the love for Denver, they have the #1 defense with Mike Nolan, who are also 3-0.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Don't get mad at that, they have surprised everyone and are a very good team, especially with D. On top of that a rookie QB is handling his business, that's what happens when you win. If we would have beaten the Vikings the media would be on our jock too, and we would LOVE it.

I do agree on you on the tampering charges and the hatred for Rex Ryan, he's going to be a new Bellichick.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Where's the love for Denver, they have the #1 defense with Mike Nolan, who are also 3-0.

Denver hasn't beaten anyone like the Titans or Patriots..until they beat teams that were great last year Jets will get more recognition.
How long does it take for the NFL to investigate something like this? It seems like its taking a while. That must be a good thing though. If they didnt have any evidence to look at I would assume they would have made a decision days ago..
  • kray28
  • Veteran

LOL, no.
Originally posted by kray28:

LOL, no.

Let's face it, teams whose quarterbacks have the most symmetrical faces get the most pub...
  • rum53
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/01/a-few-details-on-the-crabtree-tampering-case/
[ Edited by rum53 on Oct 1, 2009 at 11:36 AM ]

Originally posted by rum53:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/01/a-few-details-on-the-crabtree-tampering-case/

interesting. 2 gms from other teams will be handling the investigation. i hope bill polian is one of them. i hope the other is parcells.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

interesting. 2 gms from other teams will be handling the investigation. i hope bill polian is one of them. i hope the other is parcells.

Seems like a way for Goodell to sweep it under the rug without actually doing it himself.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
How long does it take for the NFL to investigate something like this? It seems like its taking a while. That must be a good thing though. If they didnt have any evidence to look at I would assume they would have made a decision days ago..

That's a tough question to answer because there hasn't been much precedence. I know of the 49ers v Bears issue and nothing else.

My guess is that this will be dealt with in the off season. Between the Superbowl and the draft.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Seems like a way for Goodell to sweep it under the rug without actually doing it himself.

If Goodell handled this himself, then people would be unhappy that he's not sharing the power. It's a lose/lose situation when people are gunning for him.

Anybody remember who the 2 "Security Managers" were that investigated the tampering charges brought against the Niners a couple of years back? I thought it was Goodell himself that investigated that one...

[ Edited by D_Niner on Oct 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone