There are 284 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
if crabtree signs, look for the tampering charge to get swept under the rug

won't get swept under the rug. If anything Crabtree will disclose more information to put the nail in the coffin for the Jets. He gets his money and the niners get another draft pick potentially improving the chances of seeing the big game. Win win situation for Crabtree and the 49ers.

Packers filed tampering charges against the vikings in regards to brett favre. They had evidence and submitted it to the league.

right here

However, Favre was traded to the Jets and nothing ever came about with those charges. Im trying to find an article that the nfl did take action against either the Packers or Vikings, but I cant find anything
Right here

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=3501459

this should have resulted in a fine or something

"The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Tuesday that according to a source, Favre continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone after his retirement announcement -- and that a team check of phone records showed repeated calls to Vikings coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell."

won't get swept under the rug. If anything Crabtree will disclose more information to put the nail in the coffin for the Jets. He gets his money and the niners get another draft pick potentially improving the chances of seeing the big game. Win win situation for Crabtree and the 49ers.

Packers filed tampering charges against the vikings in regards to brett favre. They had evidence and submitted it to the league.

right here

However, Favre was traded to the Jets and nothing ever came about with those charges. Im trying to find an article that the nfl did take action against either the Packers or Vikings, but I cant find anything

maybe the charges were dropped or the evidence wasn't sufficient enough. either way I think that Crabtree would disclose the information on the JETS and any other team that possibly tampered with him in a way to prove his loyalty to the team

right here

maybe the charges were dropped or the evidence wasn't sufficient enough. either way I think that Crabtree would disclose the information on the JETS and any other team that possibly tampered with him in a way to prove his loyalty to the team

There was less evidence against us and we got f**ked over

• Bille
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Bille:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
So I've asked several Jets fans this and none of them can give me a solid answer.

Why would the Niners make this kind of accusation if there was no proof of the Jets tampering? I mean, why the Jets; why not the Rams or the Bears? In short, why would we choose the Jets to pick on?

Any ideas?

I poised the same question in another thread as well. If you remember before we knew it was the Jets, everyone thought it was Jerry Jones who tampered after Deion made the statement that there were two teams willing to pay Crabtree what he wants. My reasoning at the time was there has to be some solid evidence pointing to the Jets otherwise why would the San Fran front office bring up tampering charges and risk embarrassement if it is proven to be not true.

Well the Jets have been accused of tampering with a patriots receiver and there was talk of Brandon Marshall. So it is possible if we were just throwing accusations around that the jets would be a good target since this is the third accusation of tampering, they will get in the last 6 months.

That's about as good an answer as any of the Jets fans have given me. But, this still doesn't say why we would choose them over a team like the Cowboys (who most people were suspicious of).

IMO, the only logical answer is that we have some sort of proof that points to the Jets. Whether its enough, who knows...

I agree, the most likely answer is that we have some evidence.

But I still think the jets are an easier target for the tampering charges than the cowboys, there have been no accusations of tampering towards the cowboys, most of it was just speculation that Jerry Jones has no problem overpaying players and would love to have a hometown star like crabtree playing for the cowboys.

Whereas the jets even if you couldn't produce any concrete evidence the fact that they have been accused 2 times already is a pretty big indicator they are up to something. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

[ Edited by Bille on Oct 6, 2009 at 15:33:59 ]

right here

There was less evidence against us and we got f**ked over

That's because the NFL hates the 49ers
This place would most likely erupt if the Cowboys were proven guilty of tampering and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
This place would most likely erupt if the Cowboys were proven guilty of tampering and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Cowboys?
I guess Parker realized that the tampering charge will hurt Crabtree so he advised about continuing talks...hmmmm

...unfortunately that would get Parker out of hot water as well because if there was tampering he must have been involved.

Anyhow, it looks like a smart move on the Niners part as it appears to have forced Crabtree to the negotiating table. Wow, shrewd moves by the 49ers front office? Who'da thought it could happen?

Well done!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

...unfortunately that would get Parker out of hot water as well because if there was tampering he must have been involved.

Anyhow, it looks like a smart move on the Niners part as it appears to have forced Crabtree to the negotiating table. Wow, shrewd moves by the 49ers front office? Who'da thought it could happen?

Well done!

I agree that it is more likely to be swept under the rug... But, the 49ers were found guilty even though Briggs signed with the bears.
  • Mex49
After Deon's comments the other night regarding the possiblity that Cradtree might be heading out for today's meeting, it makes me wonder how much does that f**ker know about this whole tampering charge?
I don't believe that the tampering charge will be "swept under the rug". We lost our 1st round pick for half a season because of it, and the NFL does and should take this seriously. I bet we get a high draft pick from the Jets.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
I don't believe that the tampering charge will be "swept under the rug". We lost our 1st round pick for half a season because of it, and the NFL does and should take this seriously. I bet we get a high draft pick from the Jets.

I think a pick swap between teams and fines for the offending parties would be more likely. We get their 1st, they get our 3rd and fines all around. Something like that. They could even nail Parker and Crabtree with fines and/or suspensions as well.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I think a pick swap between teams and fines for the offending parties would be more likely. We get their 1st, they get our 3rd and fines all around. Something like that. They could even nail Parker and Crabtree with fines and/or suspensions as well.

That would be OK. Except I don't think they'd fine or suspend Crabtree. He's just the dumb player invovled.
Share 49ersWebzone