LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I don't believe that the tampering charge will be "swept under the rug". We lost our 1st round pick for half a season because of it, and the NFL does and should take this seriously. I bet we get a high draft pick from the Jets.

I think a pick swap between teams and fines for the offending parties would be more likely. We get their 1st, they get our 3rd and fines all around. Something like that. They could even nail Parker and Crabtree with fines and/or suspensions as well.

That would be OK. Except I don't think they'd fine or suspend Crabtree. He's just the dumb player invovled.

If he went along with the shenanigans he needs to be punished as well. The league has to let players know they can't pull this kind of stuff and get off scott free. Plus, the league likes to screw the 49ers over whenever possible and giving Crabtree a couple of games off unpaid would do just that. Win-win for them.

If something like that does occur, we can only hope it comes as early as possible this season so the impact to the team will be minimal.
I don't believe that the tampering charge will be "swept under the rug". We lost our 1st round pick for half a season because of it, and the NFL does and should take this seriously. I bet we get a high draft pick from the Jets.

I think a pick swap between teams and fines for the offending parties would be more likely. We get their 1st, they get our 3rd and fines all around. Something like that. They could even nail Parker and Crabtree with fines and/or suspensions as well.

That would be OK. Except I don't think they'd fine or suspend Crabtree. He's just the dumb player invovled.

If he went along with the shenanigans he needs to be punished as well. The league has to let players know they can't pull this kind of stuff and get off scott free. Plus, the league likes to screw the 49ers over whenever possible and giving Crabtree a couple of games off unpaid would do just that. Win-win for them.

If something like that does occur, we can only hope it comes as early as possible this season so the impact to the team will be minimal.

Sure, suspend him for the first 3 games. That works!
Suspend Crabtree? For What?!? Being a hard a$$ and stubborn as a mule? No way Crabtree gets any punishment. The Jets will probably be forcedto swap picks and we'll get a low round pick in a ddition from them (4th or 5th round) if the evidence we have proves tampering. I'm guessing a swap with us getting their second rounder and we giving up our 4th rounder and us getting their 5th rounder. No way the league gives us their first rounder!!!! Especially since his signing appears to be imminent.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Suspend Crabtree? For What?!? Being a hard a$$ and stubborn as a mule? No way Crabtree gets any punishment. The Jets will probably be forcedto swap picks and we'll get a low round pick in a ddition from them (4th or 5th round) if the evidence we have proves tampering. I'm guessing a swap with us getting their second rounder and we giving up our 4th rounder and us getting their 5th rounder. No way the league gives us their first rounder!!!! Especially since his signing appears to be imminent.

IFFFFF Crabs knew about the other offer(s) and ok'd Parker demands for a lot more money than they were originally seeking, yes. He should be fined and/or suspended a few games as punishment and as a deterrent to other would-be tamperers and tamper-ees.

As far as compensation, I think the league is more worried about punishment and deterrent value than doing anything good for the 49ers. We'll just have to wait and see how that plays out.
Originally posted by alpha81:
I guess Parker realized that the tampering charge will hurt Crabtree so he advised about continuing talks...hmmmm

Yes, a smart move by the 49ers. The tampering charge will hang over Crabtree like a cloud in next year's draft too if he decided to sit out all season. Other teams wanting to draft him will have to wonder what this guy was holding out for by the secret admirers that Sanders spoke about.

Thanks Dieon for unintentionally putting more leverage on the 49ers side in this situation.
Did the deal of the Browns trading the Jets further prove that the Jets tampered with Crabtree and was hoping that he would come back to the draft or we would trade his rights to the Jets. Or was this a coincidence, I live on the east coast and I saw that Crabtree agreed to a contract before the Jets acquired Braylon Edwards. Just a little to think of on this glorious day. haha
I really believe the Jets tampered with Crabtree now, they just traded for WR Braylon Edwards. They knew they couldn't get Crabtree now & also messed with Brandon Marshall. They should get penalized for sure. I don't care if we get any picks, I just want them to pay!
you beat me to it YES it does. There's no way that this is by chance that as soon as the tampering charges is file then deion stop talking that crap about another team giving craptree the 40 mill he's looking for.

then as soon as he sign the jets trade for edwards hell no!!! .Goddell better rule in our favor or his league is up for sale, the rules don't apply to every team then
If the the Jets get busted for tampering, they will lose their first and second round picks to us. When we just called Briggs agent when he held out we lost a third and fifth round. We even fessed up right away and we still got whacked. We didn't even talk with Briggs; we just wanted to know if he was going back to the Bears. The Jets really stepped over the line if the tampering charge sure true.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I really believe the Jets tampered with Crabtree now, they just traded for WR Braylon Edwards. They knew they couldn't get Crabtree now & also messed with Brandon Marshall. They should get penalized for sure. I don't care if we get any picks, I just want them to pay!

It does not look good for the jets to trade for Edwards as soon as crabree signs. They can't be this dense.

Originally posted by stevenking57:
If the the Jets get busted for tampering, they will lose their first and second round picks to us. When we just called Briggs agent when he held out we lost a third and fifth round. We even fessed up right away and we still got whacked. We didn't even talk with Briggs; we just wanted to know if he was going back to the Bears. The Jets really stepped over the line if the tampering charge sure true.

We didn't lose both a 5th or a 3rd, we only lost a fifth. We swapped 5 spots with the Bears in the 3rd and we lost our fifth (Chicago didn't get it).

The Jets aren't going to lose a first and second since we signed Crabtree.
With Crabtree a niner he is free to talk about the jets
Originally posted by linkboy:

We didn't lose both a 5th or a 3rd, we only lost a fifth. We swapped 5 spots with the Bears in the 3rd and we lost our fifth (Chicago didn't get it).

Agree, I do not think we would get anything out of the deal. If anything, they would lose a 2nd or 3rd rounder, if it even goes through.
  • DaNiners
  • Info N/A
I am in full agreement on this. Crabtree signs and the Jets immediately trade for Edwards. Fishy. Personally, I think the Jets know they will likely lose a first or second rounder, need to get a receiver and do not care (how it looks) since they are going to get whacked by the NFL, anyways.

To the folks that think nothing will happen because Crabtree signed. Based on interviews with GM's and everything I have heard on NFL Network, if the Jets are found guilty they will be severely punished. The draft is the life blood of the NFL. Rex Ryan is a jack*** just like his father...the NFL would love to chop him down a size or two. We may not receive any picks, but they are going to lose some.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by linkboy:

Agree, I do not think we would get anything out of the deal. If anything, they would lose a 2nd or 3rd rounder, if it even goes through.

i think we are gonna get a 4th or a 5th rounder
Share 49ersWebzone