LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Method:
Don't know where else to post this:

"Niners reps Jed York, Scot McCloughan, Paraag Marathe are meeting with Eugene Parker, Michael Crabtree at an undisclosed location."

From MM's twitter.

Sweet. Do work jed, do work!

this is going to turn into a crabtree thread in

Originally posted by rxrunner:

"Niners reps Jed York, Scot McCloughan, Paraag Marathe are meeting with Eugene Parker, Michael Crabtree at an undisclosed location."

From MM's twitter.

This has been already been a Crabtree thread since page 3...2...1...
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A

From MM's twitter.

It already was in a way....

It'd be pretty funny if Jed showed up late and was all, "Oh... I'm sorry, were you waiting for me?"
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

From MM's twitter.

This has been already been a Crabtree thread since page 3...2...1...

well Ill be

From MM's twitter.

Unfortunately, Jed York was unavailable, so we had to get the next best Jed:

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp

From MM's twitter.

Four Seasons in Palo Alto itz no longer undisclosed!!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_before the tamperNiner:
So I've asked several Jets fans this and none of them can give me a solid answer.

Why would the Niners make this kind of accusation if there was no proof of the Jets tampering? I mean, why the Jets; why not the Rams or the Bears? In short, why would we choose the Jets to pick on?

Any ideas?

I poised the same question in another thread as well. If you remember before we knew it was the Jets, everyone thought it was Jerry Jones who tampered after Deion made the statement that there were two teams willing to pay Crabtree what he wants. My reasoning at the time was there has to be some solid evidence pointing to the Jets otherwise why would the San Fran front office bring up tampering charges and risk embarrassement if it is proven to be not true.

[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 6, 2009 at 14:31:51 ]
  • Bille
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:
So I've asked several Jets fans this and none of them can give me a solid answer.

Why would the Niners make this kind of accusation if there was no proof of the Jets tampering? I mean, why the Jets; why not the Rams or the Bears? In short, why would we choose the Jets to pick on?

Any ideas?

I poised the same question in another thread as well. If you remember before we knew it was the Jets, everyone thought it was Jerry Jones who tampered after Deion made the statement that there were two teams willing to pay Crabtree what he wants. My reasoning at the time was there has to be some solid evidence pointing to the Jets otherwise why would the San Fran front office bring up tampering charges and risk embarrassement if it is proven to be not true.

Well the Jets have been accused of tampering with a patriots receiver and there was talk of Brandon Marshall. So it is possible if we were just throwing accusations around that the jets would be a good target since this is the third accusation of tampering, they will get in the last 6 months.
Originally posted by Bille:

Any ideas?

Well the Jets have been accused of tampering with a patriots receiver and there was talk of Brandon Marshall. So it is possible if we were just throwing accusations around that the jets would be a good target since this is the third accusation of tampering, they will get in the last 6 months.

Ummm, you don't just throw an accusation out there with no evidence. Every single accusation, or seriously considered accusation, had at least some believed substance behind it to believe it in the 1st place.
Originally posted by Bille:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Any ideas?

That's about as good an answer as any of the Jets fans have given me. But, this still doesn't say why we would choose them over a team like the Cowboys (who most people were suspicious of).

IMO, the only logical answer is that we have some sort of proof that points to the Jets. Whether its enough, who knows...

According to Clayton on ESPN, the Niners had to present some kind of solid evidence to even get the ball rolling. So the Niners must have had something to hand the NFL to substantiate their claims, or else the NFL wouldn't even be looking into it. The fact that there is an investigation going on means there was enough evidence to warrant the investigation.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
According to Clayton on ESPN, the Niners had to present some kind of solid evidence to even get the ball rolling. So the Niners must have had something to hand the NFL to substantiate their claims, or else the NFL wouldn't even be looking into it. The fact that there is an investigation going on means there was enough evidence to warrant the investigation.

Bring down the J-E-T-S jets jets jets. F*** YOU Rex Ryan!!!
if crabtree signs, look for the tampering charge to get swept under the rug
Originally posted by ads_2006:

won't get swept under the rug. If anything Crabtree will disclose more information to put the nail in the coffin for the Jets. He gets his money and the niners get another draft pick potentially improving the chances of seeing the big game. Win win situation for Crabtree and the 49ers.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

won't get swept under the rug. If anything Crabtree will disclose more information to put the nail in the coffin for the Jets. He gets his money and the niners get another draft pick potentially improving the chances of seeing the big game. Win win situation for Crabtree and the 49ers.

Don't forget about the potential for "Deions team #2", there may still be one more culprit who we couldn't figure out.
Share 49ersWebzone