There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

He'll sign late tonight, I had a premonition about it:

Originally posted by smashmouth51:
The only reason Crabtree is in SF to sign is because the crap is about to hit the fan on the Jets. Cashtree did not want to get banned from the NFL for a year for illegally neogoiating with other teams or the Jets backed way off from making promises to him. He figured he had better grab that brass (gold) ring while the merry-go-round was still running.

good point
So I've asked several Jets fans this and none of them can give me a solid answer.

Why would the Niners make this kind of accusation if there was no proof of the Jets tampering? I mean, why the Jets; why not the Rams or the Bears? In short, why would we choose the Jets to pick on?

Any ideas?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
is crabtree in here?

yes Crabtree is in your computers

this will help him get out
If Crabtree signs within the next week, I wonder if he's going to sing like a canary about the teams that had tampered with him.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
He'll sign late tonight, I had a premonition about it:

that sh*t was beyond funny.

but i'll bet he actually did imagine it. No one would say that on camera with that much excitement if they hadn't. maybe not exactly like that, but still.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fzrdave:
If Crabtree signs within the next week, I wonder if he's going to sing like a canary about the teams that had tampered with him.

If he does and gets us any picks next year, that'd be cool with me
Don't know where else to post this:

"Niners reps Jed York, Scot McCloughan, Paraag Marathe are meeting with Eugene Parker, Michael Crabtree at an undisclosed location."

From MM's twitter.

Sweet. Do work jed, do work!
Originally posted by Method:

"Niners reps Jed York, Scot McCloughan, Paraag Marathe are meeting with Eugene Parker, Michael Crabtree at an undisclosed location."

From MM's twitter.

this is going to turn into a crabtree thread in

From MM's twitter.

This has been already been a Crabtree thread since page 3...2...1...
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A

From MM's twitter.

It already was in a way....

It'd be pretty funny if Jed showed up late and was all, "Oh... I'm sorry, were you waiting for me?"
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

From MM's twitter.

This has been already been a Crabtree thread since page 3...2...1...

well Ill be

From MM's twitter.

Unfortunately, Jed York was unavailable, so we had to get the next best Jed:

• DRnSFw
  • Veteran

From MM's twitter.

Four Seasons in Palo Alto itz no longer undisclosed!!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_before the tamperNiner:
So I've asked several Jets fans this and none of them can give me a solid answer.

Why would the Niners make this kind of accusation if there was no proof of the Jets tampering? I mean, why the Jets; why not the Rams or the Bears? In short, why would we choose the Jets to pick on?

Any ideas?

I poised the same question in another thread as well. If you remember before we knew it was the Jets, everyone thought it was Jerry Jones who tampered after Deion made the statement that there were two teams willing to pay Crabtree what he wants. My reasoning at the time was there has to be some solid evidence pointing to the Jets otherwise why would the San Fran front office bring up tampering charges and risk embarrassement if it is proven to be not true.

[ Edited by obx49 on Oct 6, 2009 at 14:31:51 ]