Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Originally posted by bs9er:
I was working and I checked the Internet every 20- to 30 minutes.
However when I got home and seen the Reply one Name said it all
MARK ROMAN !!!!! Why is he still on the Team

That's what I thought too.

As much as I'd like to point the finger at mark roman, I cant. That pass was perfectly delivered. The ball had to be placed in one spot, and Favre did it. 9 times out of 10, that pitch, catch doesn't happen. It was just Brett being brett. The coaching staff had faith in our D in stopping them.

And that´s why, if he had a brain, instead of trying to break that pass (which was perfect) he would just hit the WR to make sure he couldn´t land in bounds.

Really, the NFL put up the rule to help the DBs!! I´m sure that, if it was Nate or Shawntae on that play they wouldn´t even try to go for the ball. They would have gone for the WR.

And risk a pass interference call and putting the Vikes on the 1 with one more chance.

And that would be worse how?

And please, DBs do that all the time without getting PI. It´s not that hard.

Sure it's not too hard lol.

Dot know if you noticed, but Nate did that once yesterday, at the sidelines. He just waited for the ball to arrived and then pushed the guy out of bounds.

You got to know how to use the rules.

As much as I'd like to point the finger at mark roman, I cant. That pass was perfectly delivered. The ball had to be placed in one spot, and Favre did it. 9 times out of 10, that pitch, catch doesn't happen. It was just Brett being brett. The coaching staff had faith in our D in stopping them.

And that´s why, if he had a brain, instead of trying to break that pass (which was perfect) he would just hit the WR to make sure he couldn´t land in bounds.

Really, the NFL put up the rule to help the DBs!! I´m sure that, if it was Nate or Shawntae on that play they wouldn´t even try to go for the ball. They would have gone for the WR.

And risk a pass interference call and putting the Vikes on the 1 with one more chance.

Dot know if you noticed, but Nate did that once yesterday, at the sidelines. He just waited for the ball to arrived and then pushed the guy out of bounds.

Easier said than done. Roman was not in position to push Lewis out of bounds--he probably didn't even see Lewis catch the ball. Roman was already almost turned around from Lewis when Lewis dragged his left foot in. That was a fast play to right side Lewis was all out and Brett threw that pass with some velocity. Roman played the ball late and that was probably the biggest mistake.

On Nate's play I bet you he had plenty of time to see the receiver catch the ball so he could decide to push him out. I bet the Nate play wasn't nearly as fast moving as the Favre to Lewis play.
Why God! Why?

Easier said than done. Roman was not in position to push Lewis out of bounds--he probably didn't even see Lewis catch the ball. Roman was already almost turned around from Lewis when Lewis dragged his left foot in. That was a fast play to right side Lewis was all out and Brett threw that pass with some velocity. Roman played the ball late and that was probably the biggest mistake.

On Nate's play I bet you he had plenty of time to see the receiver catch the ball so he could decide to push him out. I bet the Nate play wasn't nearly as fast moving as the Favre to Lewis play.

I think DBs in general really need to learn the rules because you CAN actually make contact after 5 yards with a WR!!

Once the QB leaves the pocket (between the tackles) you can begin to bump the WRs. It's legal. Just make sure you don't do it when the ball is in the air.

Someone should mail this to Manusky. I truly don't think most NFL people are aware of this.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM ]
"Note: Once the quarterback hands off or pitches the ball to a back, or if the quarterback leaves the pocket area, the restrictions (illegal chuck, illegal cut) on the defensive team relative to the offensive receivers will end, provided the ball is not in the air."

I wish more coaches would instill in their Defense that the can push receivers all they want once the QB leaves the pocket.

When Brett Favre left the pocket, Roman or whoever could have bump any receiver they wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands
Originally posted by Joecool:
"Note: Once the quarterback hands off or pitches the ball to a back, or if the quarterback leaves the pocket area, the restrictions (illegal chuck, illegal cut) on the defensive team relative to the offensive receivers will end, provided the ball is not in the air."

I wish more coaches would instill in their Defense that the can push receivers all they want once the QB leaves the pocket.

When Brett Favre left the pocket, Roman or whoever could have bump any receiver they wanted.

Wow, that is VERY interesting.

I complain about this one at least once a year. It amazes me how all coaches and palyers assume no contact means absolutely no contact after 5 yards.

I truly believe our coaches need to be aware of this and someone really needs to tell them this. So, please, if anyone has ins with either of the Matts or anyone on the team, make them bring this to the coaches attention because it wouldn't surprise me if they don't know this.

I complain about this one at least once a year. It amazes me how all coaches and palyers assume no contact means absolutely no contact after 5 yards.

I truly believe our coaches need to be aware of this and someone really needs to tell them this. So, please, if anyone has ins with either of the Matts or anyone on the team, make them bring this to the coaches attention because it wouldn't surprise me if they don't know this.

Interesting but do you really expect our corners to look back to see where the QB is when playing man coverage? I'm guessing if they take their eye off the guy they're covering for 1 sec they're going to get burned.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
I've hated Favre for years and years and years. Can't stand to hear his name. I very nearly turned off a great MNF game last week because they were running Bret wrangler jeans ads. I did turn off a good preseason game because the announcers couldn't help but blurt his name, his full flippen name out, like every 10 seconds, literally. Man oh man count the ways. This turkey has been bogarding the offseaons headlines for years with his retirement stunts. Now he's done it again. Ruined our perfect start with what can only be called miracle play. Man oh man I will dance on the grave of his carear when AND IF he ever does retire.
I hate you Brett Favre.

Man, do I hate Brett Favre. This guy needs to retire already, and give us Niner fans some peace of mind.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I hate you Brett Favre.

I hate Bart farrvera !!!!!
F@#king HATE Brett Favre! I know it's wrong, but someone should put a Nancy Karringan hurt on him
holy crap, guess we did rush 4 on that final play. I thought we only rushed 3. Our DL just got man handled.
It's not enough to sack or hurry Favre, or even to beat him up during the game. If/when the Niners get the opportunity to play against Favre again, someone has to step up and......

DRIVE A STAKE THROUGH HIS HEART,

or at a minimum, follow Woody Haralson's advice in his latest zombie movie, and "TAKE A LITTLE OFF THE TOP".

Why is it that whenever the Niners try to defend this guy in the 4th quarter, I have this Old Testament sense of forboding, with a fire and brimstone ending only one play away?
Share 49ersWebzone