There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BRETT FAVRE = NINER KILLER

Relax people, it was just one game and even though it was a heartbreaking loss, we showed we hang with the elite teams in this league and we are still the division leader with the rams coming up this weekend. We will be 3-1 this time next week.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Even a day later, I still can't beieve Favre made that throw and the guy made that catch. Still, unbelievable.

It was a great play. Favre could just have easily overthrown the WR or the WR could have stepped out. He could have dropped it. I told people all week that we needed to shut down AP and make Favre beat us. Well, he did. I give the Vikings props.

It was simply a great play.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Relax people, it was just one game and even though it was a heartbreaking loss, we showed we hang with the elite teams in this league and we are still the division leader with the rams coming up this weekend. We will be 3-1 this time next week.

Since when is Min an "elite team"?
Originally posted by bs9er:
I was working and I checked the Internet every 20- to 30 minutes.
However when I got home and seen the Reply one Name said it all
MARK ROMAN !!!!! Why is he still on the Team

This is idiotic. He has played very well coming in as an extra DB. Favre has made a career out of this, so why are you so suprised it happened. How do you think some of those fans and DBs felt when Montana was doing this on a regular basis. There is a reason why Favre is celebrated throughout the league, because he has done this many times before.

Get over it and move on.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for hklar17.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Ugh...honestly, would it have been so bad had we thrown the ball once instead of three straight run up the middle. Then, on defense, we consistently sent 3 man rush on the last drive. Luck favors the brave and we weren't brave in our play-calling.

hopefully our coaches learn from this, but yea damn it still hurts
Still in first place baby!

49ers 2 1 0 L1
Cardinals 1 2 0 L1
Seahawks 1 2 0 L2
Rams 0 3 0 L3
While i was watching the game with my father (who is a Cowboy fan), he made the notion of how lucky that pass was. It was not very likely to happen and well it was just that Lucky. Sometimes its better to be lucky. But he did agree with me that the 49ers do look impressive.
initially, I thought maybe this team wouldn't rebound from a heart breaking loss like this very well, but so far all I've read, I'm thinking it'll make them much stronger.
Sure we'll rebound, but games like this the Niners have to hold on and win. It's one thing to be blown out of a game and lose, take the loss and move on. It's another to have the lead and then lose when you're expecting and should have won. Close game losses bother me more than blowout losses. Also, I hate Roman, but it's not all his fault, you could say the pass rush (or lack thereof) on the final pass play didn't reach Favre in time, Lawson admitted he got close, but not close enough to stop the throw.
Originally posted by miked1978:
It hurts. I dodn't think we would beat the Vikes and once Gore went down, I thought it was going to be a blow-out.

I'm proud of the 49ers. People on here can point the finger all they want but we played a good game and had a good gameplan without their #1 weapon.

We played great. They got lucky. That play was 1 in 100. No question we should of won that but, I'd rather take the humble pie now then come December, Jan, Feb!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:

That's what I thought too.

As much as I'd like to point the finger at mark roman, I cant. That pass was perfectly delivered. The ball had to be placed in one spot, and Favre did it. 9 times out of 10, that pitch, catch doesn't happen. It was just Brett being brett. The coaching staff had faith in our D in stopping them.

And that´s why, if he had a brain, instead of trying to break that pass (which was perfect) he would just hit the WR to make sure he couldn´t land in bounds.

Really, the NFL put up the rule to help the DBs!! I´m sure that, if it was Nate or Shawntae on that play they wouldn´t even try to go for the ball. They would have gone for the WR.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

As much as I'd like to point the finger at mark roman, I cant. That pass was perfectly delivered. The ball had to be placed in one spot, and Favre did it. 9 times out of 10, that pitch, catch doesn't happen. It was just Brett being brett. The coaching staff had faith in our D in stopping them.

And that´s why, if he had a brain, instead of trying to break that pass (which was perfect) he would just hit the WR to make sure he couldn´t land in bounds.

Really, the NFL put up the rule to help the DBs!! I´m sure that, if it was Nate or Shawntae on that play they wouldn´t even try to go for the ball. They would have gone for the WR.

And risk a pass interference call and putting the Vikes on the 1 with one more chance.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

And risk a pass interference call and putting the Vikes on the 1 with one more chance.

And that would be worse how?

And please, DBs do that all the time without getting PI. It´s not that hard.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Anytime you see Mark Roman in the picture something bad is happening or is about to happen

Agreed. They justify keeping him by saying he knows the defense. Well thats just great...except for the fact that he cant execute what he knows.

I still would put most of the blame on the play calling. Both offensively and defensively, we were too conservative. I was ok with the offensive playcalling because it kills the Vikings timeouts. Would have liked to see a pass, but I understand why they ran the plays they did. The defensive playcalling was uncalled for. There was nobody in the screen on D except for the line. Favre had all day to throw and that goes on Manusky.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

And that would be worse how?

And please, DBs do that all the time without getting PI. It´s not that hard.

Sure it's not too hard lol.