LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Ceadder.. I feel your pain and completely agree with every factual, rational point you make, but face it, this argument is futile. The last time we saw a healthy Alex Smith playing in a real game, he looked good, the team was 2-0 and the future looked bright for him and Shaun Hill was a 3rd string emergency QB. Then Larry Allen blew a blocking assignment and now he is being labeled by many around here as the worst QB ever to suit up for the 49ers.

Nothing you can say will convince the Shaun Hill lovers otherwise. I was/am in the Alex Smith camp, not because I hate on Shaun Hill, but because IMO Alex's skills would make the 49er offense more dynamic, more multi dimensional and would force opposing defenses to defend the whole field, not just 20 yards of it.

I am first and foremost a 49er fan and will root like a maniac for them regardless of who lines up behind center. But I do believe that Sooner or later the clock will strike 12 and Hill will turn back into a pumpkin and Alex will get another shot

This thread IS futile, but I'm just here to say that THIS post above is exactly how I feel. Perfect.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
No, we'd be 0-2 if Alex was starting.

Go Shaun Hill

Team was not as good in 2007 and was 2-0 with Alex starting.

That season ended well!

Smith separated his shoulder in game three.

Actually in game 4... Game 3 was a loss to the Stealers
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for SJniner7.
Wow, more AS lovers just trying to keep it alive... I mean, really, we can't say it either way. He may have thrown some interceptions, or he may have thrown some touchdowns. I don't know why some people insist on keeping this lame debate alive. If Hill gets hurt, AS will get his chance. If Hill sucks it up, AS will get his chance.

Who friggin cares? Now the new argument is that this team is "better" than 07. It never ends, there will always be some sort of excuse for AS doing bad, and I just don't know how some of you don't just move on until his chance comes.

Let's look at two more rookies, since you all claim Ryan and Flacco came into stellar situations.

Sanchez for NYJ, doing pretty damn well. He came into a pretty decent team, while they did not make the playoffs, they have improved with him at the helm.

Then look at Stafford. Came into arguably (sp?) the worst team in the NFL, and is still throwing touchdowns and moving the chains.

I know more excuses will come, but can we seriously put this BS to rest until he does get his shot?
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Ceadder.. I feel your pain and completely agree with every factual, rational point you make, but face it, this argument is futile. The last time we saw a healthy Alex Smith playing in a real game, he looked good, the team was 2-0 and the future looked bright for him and Shaun Hill was a 3rd string emergency QB. Then Larry Allen blew a blocking assignment and now he is being labeled by many around here as the worst QB ever to suit up for the 49ers.

Nothing you can say will convince the Shaun Hill lovers otherwise. I was/am in the Alex Smith camp, not because I hate on Shaun Hill, but because IMO Alex's skills would make the 49er offense more dynamic, more multi dimensional and would force opposing defenses to defend the whole field, not just 20 yards of it.

I am first and foremost a 49er fan and will root like a maniac for them regardless of who lines up behind center. But I do believe that Sooner or later the clock will strike 12 and Hill will turn back into a pumpkin and Alex will get another shot

This thread IS futile, but I'm just here to say that THIS post above is exactly how I feel. Perfect.

I agree with you my friend on everything but the last part. The clock will strike 12, but I believe alex has seen his days. I hate that it happened to such a great guy, someone who works hard, who gives everything he has and who is humble.

I wish the dude the best, but there is no way we can afford to give him another shot. We have nate davis, and we will draft another QB this year.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

I agree with you my friend on everything but the last part. The clock will strike 12, but I believe alex has seen his days. I hate that it happened to such a great guy, someone who works hard, who gives everything he has and who is humble.

I wish the dude the best, but there is no way we can afford to give him another shot. We have nate davis, and we will draft another QB this year.

Hmmm... so you either expect Hill to stay very healthy through the season... or you expect that Nate Davis would somehow leapfrog Smith on the depth chart and be inserted if Hill falls to injury. I have trouble seeing either option coming true.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Wow, more AS lovers just trying to keep it alive... I mean, really, we can't say it either way. He may have thrown some interceptions, or he may have thrown some touchdowns. I don't know why some people insist on keeping this lame debate alive. If Hill gets hurt, AS will get his chance. If Hill sucks it up, AS will get his chance.

Who friggin cares? Now the new argument is that this team is "better" than 07. It never ends, there will always be some sort of excuse for AS doing bad, and I just don't know how some of you don't just move on until his chance comes.

Let's look at two more rookies, since you all claim Ryan and Flacco came into stellar situations.

Sanchez for NYJ, doing pretty damn well. He came into a pretty decent team, while they did not make the playoffs, they have improved with him at the helm.

Then look at Stafford. Came into arguably (sp?) the worst team in the NFL, and is still throwing touchdowns and moving the chains.

I know more excuses will come, but can we seriously put this BS to rest until he does get his shot?

I am going to stay out of the whole Smith thing for now, but I do feel this team is better than the 07 version. Let's hope so! I think Singletary's coaching (motivation, etc) is worth several wins, and I think we will be a never quit team. The players respect him and are afraid to let him down or fail. All of which makes this year exciting, whoever the QB is! I think this team is a 9 or 10 win team whoever plays under center.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

For sure I am much more interested to see what they can do to develop Nate than what Alex will do with "another shot". Hard to judge in preseason, but it sure looked like there was something there with this guy. He looked like he knew what he was doing out there.
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

I'd rather sign Brit Miller off of the practice squad to take his place and move M-rob to 3rd string QB.

Alex Smith = Biggest Bust in 49ers History.

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.
You will see the REAL Shaun Hill this weekend in the Vikes game...stay tuned!
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

I'd rather sign Brit Miller off of the practice squad to take his place and move M-rob to 3rd string QB.

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

You realize of course, that posts like this reveal you to be a fan with limited knowlege of football..

Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

You realize of course, that posts like this reveal you to be a fan with limited knowlege of football..

It doesn't take much knowledge of football to realize Alex Smith sucks. I'm sure a pee-wee football QB can watch Alex Smith and realize he sucks.
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

I have been saying that since March of 2005. There is only 1 thing worst than drafting a bust 1.1 QB, and that is holding on to him for too long.
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

Our #1 overall pick in the draft is a backup. How is he limited with knowledge?
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

You guys are really being rough on people's man crushes here.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Alex Smith is a bum

Cut him already

Waste of a roster spot

The End.

Go Shaun Hill.

With all of my limited knowledge I would have drafted Braylon Edwards and Jay Cutler as opposed to Alex Smith and Vernon Davis And I was saying that years ago so it is not hindsight either.
Share 49ersWebzone