LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
You do of course realize that Hill has about a 25-30 point higher career QB rating than his current backup?
And you do realize that Hill is currently the 3rd best QB in the entiire NFL on 3rd down,when it really counts,don't you ?
And you do realize that hill now has the best winning percentage of ANY 49ers QB in HISTORY ,don't you?
And you do realize that the offense will get better as the new offensive system matures ,as usually doesn't happen until about midseason of a new offense,don't you ?
And you do realize that Hill's replacement is waiting in the wings,and his name is not Alex,don't you ?
And you do realize that Hill and Davis are both light years ahead of alex is just about every aspect of the game,don't you? (except Davis will take a while to get ready,but certainly not all the time that the team has wasted on waiting on a mediocre talent like alex.

Dude don't talk like this you know -Ceadder will be PISSED!

I think Ceaddar is really Alex Leaf's cousin, brother, agent, relative, or maybe Alex Leaf himself. Don't get us wrong, I'm sure none of us anti-smith guys here think he's a total douche bag or a-hole or anything horrible as a person. He seems like a cool guy.

But on the football field, he's how can I say...... garbage. I don't know any other way to put it. He sucks. number one overall pick paid 10s of millions of dollars, 5 years in the league, injury prone, can't even get the starting job of the team that was handed to him, can't beat JTO, can't beat Shaun Hill, I won't be surprised if he can't even beat out Nate Davis for the backup role. I hope he gets the boot.

and now waiting for Ceaddar or Super or oldmanniner to reply with another Alexcuse.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
You do of course realize that Hill has about a 25-30 point higher career QB rating than his current backup?
And you do realize that Hill is currently the 3rd best QB in the entiire NFL on 3rd down,when it really counts,don't you ?
And you do realize that hill now has the best winning percentage of ANY 49ers QB in HISTORY ,don't you?
And you do realize that the offense will get better as the new offensive system matures ,as usually doesn't happen until about midseason of a new offense,don't you ?
And you do realize that Hill's replacement is waiting in the wings,and his name is not Alex,don't you ?
And you do realize that Hill and Davis are both light years ahead of alex is just about every aspect of the game,don't you? (except Davis will take a while to get ready,but certainly not all the time that the team has wasted on waiting on a mediocre talent like alex.

I think Ceaddar is really Alex Leaf's cousin, brother, agent, relative, or maybe Alex Leaf himself. Don't get us wrong, I'm sure none of us anti-smith guys here think he's a total douche bag or a-hole or anything horrible as a person. He seems like a cool guy.

But on the football field, he's how can I say...... garbage. I don't know any other way to put it. He sucks. number one overall pick paid 10s of millions of dollars, 5 years in the league, injury prone, can't even get the starting job of the team that was handed to him, can't beat JTO, can't beat Shaun Hill, I won't be surprised if he can't even beat out Nate Davis for the backup role. I hope he gets the boot.

and now waiting for Ceaddar or Super or oldmanniner to reply with another Alexcuse.

Those guys will ride that bus till it crashes and goes up in flames.

And you realize that Hill's Red Zone stats are getting worse the longer he holds onto the job.

Now I don't remember the exact numbers, but Hill was within 5% or so of what Alex's RZ %. And it IS going down with every game he plays. This is something that cannot be overlooked.

Davis MAY be the "heir apparent" but until either QB1 or 2 are gone it means nothing. I'm not comparing Smith to Brees except to point out that alot of people thought Brees was done. Wanted him gone and when the Boltz selected Rivers many were calling for him to start. Oh and look how Brees is the toast of the town in New Orleans.

Ya just NEVER know til it's over and done with, however it plays out.

~Ceadder
Doesn't matter. We're 2-0 and he's not starting. Can we please move on?
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Those guys will ride that bus till it crashes and goes up in flames.

You're probably right. And when that day comes, I will be here doing this...
I think we need to all let this go..

The comparisons are endless..

Hill to Dilfer, Alex to Rich Gannon, blah blah blah. Give it up. Speculating isn't changing anything. Everyone's arguing over something that doesn't even matter. Over nothing.

If Alex plays this year, only then would we really be able to gauge such a question.
Share 49ersWebzone