There are 174 users in the forums

Martz on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the 9ers know whats good for them, we'll just keep Jimmy Raye as our OC for a VERY long time. Actually give our players 2 or 3 years under the same system with the same guys calling the plays and the same routes and verbage, we'll be fine. I dont care who we could get as the OC next year STICK WITH SOMEBODY FOR ONCE!!!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Niners99:
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

i think martz is a little bitter.

Who cares what Martz thinks.

I'm with you my friend, if he really were the genius that some claim him to be, why is he on TV talking about football instead of out there putting his genius to work?

the man that took us form the bottom to the middle of the pack with Noodle arm and 1st round bust and JTO !

Good call. Martz took/takes alot of heat around here, but he made our offense respectable last year. Look at the offense before and after him, HORRIBLE. And anybody that brings up all the sacks last year, SAVE IT. Without Martz we're still getting sacked WAY TO MUCH. At the current rate, we'll finish the season with about 51 sacks. Last season we were sacked 55 times, but at least we moved the ball. Not to mention being tied for 3rd in the league with pass plays over 20 yards.
I'd much rather have that over this 1930s offense. It's Hostler all over again.

Yeah we all saw how great Martz was for the team, I mean wasn't it great how having one of the premiere backs in the league we ranked 26th in rushing? Or how about how we were dead last in turnover ratio? Or how about the game where we had a lead in the fourth quarter and a rb averaging over 6 yards a carry and he decided to put the game into the hands of his scrub JTO who promptly threw the game away...I sure miss Martz.

The team moved the ball with Martz. People actually feared us. If we had this year's defense and last year's offense, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0. How could you complain about Martz' offense last year? Are you not watching the games this year? Maybe we were ranked 26th in rushing last year, but we still moved the ball. We're 30th in pass this year and we can't even move the chains. I'd take Martz any day of the week.

And it's not Martz' fault that O'Sullivan kept turning the ball over. It's the QB's poor decision making. Do the coaches always get the blame for the mistakes players make? After O'Sullivan was benched, we stopped turning the ball over, and guess what? Our offense got better and we won games.

No one feared us last year...no one. We had a Qb that loved to throw it to the other team, a star RB that hardly got the ball, an oline that couldn't pass block(still can't) making 7 step drops all game long. And as for the eagles game, that is squarely on Martz, he was the one calling pass plays when Gore was averaging 6 yards a carry, we should have won that game, except Martz had to let "the greatest QB I have ever coached" throw it away. So all you want to about how great he is, but this one glaring fact remains...If Martz is so great, why is he on TV and not coaching? Got no answer for that one do you? I will take Norv Turner over Martz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take Turner over Martz as well. Why isn't Martz coaching? Who knows? Why aren't Shanahan or Holmgren coaching? Does it mean that nobody wants them? Maybe Martz got an offer and declined. Again, nobody knows.

Last year, O'Sullivan threw the ball to the other team. He fumbled the ball to other team as well. But once Hill became starter, that all changed. Sounds like you gave up on the season and stopped watching? The offense the 2nd half of the season is light years ahead of the offense this season. But we'll see how it plays out.

Mike and Mike both said they wanted to take a year off, they'd probably be coaching now if they had wanted to, but everyone needs a break once in awhile. I wish we could get Shanahan as OC and Holmgren as a front office guy to help Jed and Scott out. Martz is just an egomaniac that is out to push his pass happy agenda. Maybe we get lucky and Norv gets canned in SD and we can hire him to finish what he started here, you know Alex Smith would love that to happen, probably Gore too.

What did we sign Raye for, 1yr 2yrs?
Originally posted by Multibomber:
If the 9ers know whats good for them, we'll just keep Jimmy Raye as our OC for a VERY long time. Actually give our players 2 or 3 years under the same system with the same guys calling the plays and the same routes and verbage, we'll be fine. I dont care who we could get as the OC next year STICK WITH SOMEBODY FOR ONCE!!!

He is going to retire....bank on it, as should have the Niners
Martz on NFL Network......Why????, because he is an awful HC and a real prick to have on a coaching staff! Thats why, as for his Buy on Denver it looks pretty good, and he sell on us.....
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

I'm with you my friend, if he really were the genius that some claim him to be, why is he on TV talking about football instead of out there putting his genius to work?

the man that took us form the bottom to the middle of the pack with Noodle arm and 1st round bust and JTO !

Good call. Martz took/takes alot of heat around here, but he made our offense respectable last year. Look at the offense before and after him, HORRIBLE. And anybody that brings up all the sacks last year, SAVE IT. Without Martz we're still getting sacked WAY TO MUCH. At the current rate, we'll finish the season with about 51 sacks. Last season we were sacked 55 times, but at least we moved the ball. Not to mention being tied for 3rd in the league with pass plays over 20 yards.

Yeah we all saw how great Martz was for the team, I mean wasn't it great how having one of the premiere backs in the league we ranked 26th in rushing? Or how about how we were dead last in turnover ratio? Or how about the game where we had a lead in the fourth quarter and a rb averaging over 6 yards a carry and he decided to put the game into the hands of his scrub JTO who promptly threw the game away...I sure miss Martz.

The team moved the ball with Martz. People actually feared us. If we had this year's defense and last year's offense, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0. How could you complain about Martz' offense last year? Are you not watching the games this year? Maybe we were ranked 26th in rushing last year, but we still moved the ball. We're 30th in pass this year and we can't even move the chains. I'd take Martz any day of the week.

And it's not Martz' fault that O'Sullivan kept turning the ball over. It's the QB's poor decision making. Do the coaches always get the blame for the mistakes players make? After O'Sullivan was benched, we stopped turning the ball over, and guess what? Our offense got better and we won games.

No one feared us last year...no one. We had a Qb that loved to throw it to the other team, a star RB that hardly got the ball, an oline that couldn't pass block(still can't) making 7 step drops all game long. And as for the eagles game, that is squarely on Martz, he was the one calling pass plays when Gore was averaging 6 yards a carry, we should have won that game, except Martz had to let "the greatest QB I have ever coached" throw it away. So all you want to about how great he is, but this one glaring fact remains...If Martz is so great, why is he on TV and not coaching? Got no answer for that one do you? I will take Norv Turner over Martz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take Turner over Martz as well. Why isn't Martz coaching? Who knows? Why aren't Shanahan or Holmgren coaching? Does it mean that nobody wants them? Maybe Martz got an offer and declined. Again, nobody knows.

Last year, O'Sullivan threw the ball to the other team. He fumbled the ball to other team as well. But once Hill became starter, that all changed. Sounds like you gave up on the season and stopped watching? The offense the 2nd half of the season is light years ahead of the offense this season. But we'll see how it plays out.

Mike and Mike both said they wanted to take a year off, they'd probably be coaching now if they had wanted to, but everyone needs a break once in awhile. I wish we could get Shanahan as OC and Holmgren as a front office guy to help Jed and Scott out. Martz is just an egomaniac that is out to push his pass happy agenda. Maybe we get lucky and Norv gets canned in SD and we can hire him to finish what he started here, you know Alex Smith would love that to happen, probably Gore too.

You were ready to give him 5 years before the season started.
The main difference between this year and last year has nothing to do with talent because we basically have the same players as last year. It's because Martz is not here and Raye is playing it too conservative. Raye was Norv's OC in Oakland but Norv called the plays... You would think Raye would be able to plan and call a better plan after spending so many years in the NFL... I hope they open the offense up after this bye week... Feed the monsters please...
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
The main difference between this year and last year has nothing to do with talent because we basically have the same players as last year. It's because Martz is not here and Raye is playing it too conservative. Raye was Norv's OC in Oakland but Norv called the plays... You would think Raye would be able to plan and call a better plan after spending so many years in the NFL... I hope they open the offense up after this bye week... Feed the monsters please...

I don't even know what opening up the offense means. If they stack eight in the box and their defensive coordinator is even half decent you can on 9 plays out of 10 stop the run. Minnesota game planned for Gore so we were able to pass a bit on them. Coffee had rookie feet so teams could play more for the pass and blitz and commit less to the run. Gore accounted for 56% of our offense the first two games. So we were running the football. Even if Gore's average was low they still
had to focus on him because he can break one. Once he left they could focus on Hill and Hill is quite good enough yet to carry the load, especially without an outside threat.

Who cares what Martz says. He can eat his words. My biggest worry isn't the offense now. My biggest worry is Mark Roman.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That's a bitter man, should've never let a Ram in our facility!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Multibomber:

He is going to retire....bank on it, as should have the Niners

That would be a great win-win situation for both parties. Raye would get to retire and the 9ers couldn't help but get a better OC.

Man, i bet you are sorry you posted this now!

Originally posted by singfan:

You were ready to give him 5 years before the season started.

Now show me where I said that, Troll.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Martz: "JT O'Sullivan is the best QB i've ever coached."

Enough said.

-9fA

yeah, that stupid enough said. if he said again this that ego was stupid anyway! i don't want to heard this sh*t

definely his ego is two big for his own bodies.. like what the hell?
Share 49ersWebzone