LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

Martz on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Niners99:
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

i think martz is a little bitter.

Who cares what Martz thinks.

I'm with you my friend, if he really were the genius that some claim him to be, why is he on TV talking about football instead of out there putting his genius to work?
Can you really blame him, we have to earn some respect. Hopefully, after this week we will.
Tonight he was a "sell" on Crabtree.

Not exact quotes...

When they made the comment that Crabtree will take over Morgan's spot..."They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?"

He said some other pretty much facts too so we can't hate on him if I remember right..."passing game is in shambles, etc.."
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81393869/Buy-or-sell
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Not exact quotes...

When they made the comment that Crabtree will take over Morgan's spot..."They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?"

He said some other pretty much facts too so we can't hate on him if I remember right..."passing game is in shambles, etc.."

That coaches watch way more film than we do. Maybe Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped. If throwing in Crabtree is something they feel is best, then I'm okay with that.

Maybe they'll start going with 3 receiver sets more frequently in our passing game. Then lining Morgan up in the slot may provide him more opportunity. Shaun is an equal opportunity passer. If the guys open he's getting the ball. Morgan, Crabs, Bruce, whoever.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by carl:

Not exact quotes...

That coaches watch way more film than we do. Maybe Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped. If throwing in Crabtree is something they feel is best, then I'm okay with that.

Maybe they'll start going with 3 receiver sets more frequently in our passing game. Then lining Morgan up in the slot may provide him more opportunity. Shaun is an equal opportunity passer. If the guys open he's getting the ball. Morgan, Crabs, Bruce, whoever.

Go Niners!

Martz knows our players better then our current OC does IMO. He said "They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?" which is entirely different then what you just said: "Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped."

Not sure where you got that thought lol
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'd take Martz over Raye any day of the week. With Singletary here, it could've been a nice balance.
He's right.
I wish we had Martz.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Mike8016:
I wish we had Martz.

I used to wish for a top QB like Montana or Young - a driving RB like Craig (which in way we might have if Gore stays healthy) - a receiver like Rice or Taylor (and maybe Crabtree ISN'T a bust) - a TE like Jones (and Walker and Davis may be better than that as a team) - and guys like Cross and big Bubba and the rest. And the latter is a problem now.

But where I didn't like what I saw from Nolan, I hope that by the end of Nov I'm not saying that about Singletary. I sincerely thought he was the guy to move the 49ers into the playoffs and win.

I'm not so sure, anymore. Houston's an important game. With two weeks to prepare, it will give a good sense of not only where this team is, but where it's going. In the first Walsh Superbowl year, by this time, it was clear that the 49ers had a winning 'identity'. In 2009, I don't see the same, five games in.

" In the first Walsh Superbowl year, by this time, it was clear that the 49ers had a winning 'identity'."

FYI - Walsh went 2-14 his first year and 6-10 his second ........... Before his team had an "identity" by this time in his 3rd season.

Just try and be realistic ................

Not exact quotes...

Go Niners!

How can someone who rarely completes a pass be labled as an equal opportunity passer?

Hill is NOT a good starting QB. He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. He also requires an OC who's imaginitave enough to cover up his weeknesses to be adequate. He is getting neither this year. Now people are seeing exactly how deficient he is.

I am not a Smith backer/supporter/lover, and was really hoping Hill would prove me wrong, but the guy just doesn't fill the position sufficiently and his replacement needs to be this teams #1 priority.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Looks like Martz was dead on.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Not exact quotes...

Go Niners!

How can someone who rarely completes a pass be labled as an equal opportunity passer?

Hill is NOT a good starting QB. He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. He also requires an OC who's imaginitave enough to cover up his weeknesses to be adequate. He is getting neither this year. Now people are seeing exactly how deficient he is.

I am not a Smith backer/supporter/lover, and was really hoping Hill would prove me wrong, but the guy just doesn't fill the position sufficiently and his replacement needs to be this teams #1 priority.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

i think martz is a little bitter.

someone eating somthing !
[ Edited by cNiner on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone