There are 243 users in the forums

Martz on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Tonight he was a "sell" on Crabtree.

Not exact quotes...

When they made the comment that Crabtree will take over Morgan's spot..."They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?"

He said some other pretty much facts too so we can't hate on him if I remember right..."passing game is in shambles, etc.."

That coaches watch way more film than we do. Maybe Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped. If throwing in Crabtree is something they feel is best, then I'm okay with that.

Maybe they'll start going with 3 receiver sets more frequently in our passing game. Then lining Morgan up in the slot may provide him more opportunity. Shaun is an equal opportunity passer. If the guys open he's getting the ball. Morgan, Crabs, Bruce, whoever.

Go Niners!

How can someone who rarely completes a pass be labled as an equal opportunity passer?

Hill is NOT a good starting QB. He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. He also requires an OC who's imaginitave enough to cover up his weeknesses to be adequate. He is getting neither this year. Now people are seeing exactly how deficient he is.

I am not a Smith backer/supporter/lover, and was really hoping Hill would prove me wrong, but the guy just doesn't fill the position sufficiently and his replacement needs to be this teams #1 priority.

He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. [b] Wow you came up with this on your own ! Every QB requires great play from the people around him , Farve pass to the end of the endzone if the WR did not catch it , it would not have been in the highlights ! and so on and so on !
LOL at OP original message.
Originally posted by cNiner:

Not exact quotes...

When they made the comment that Crabtree will take over Morgan's spot..."They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?"

He said some other pretty much facts too so we can't hate on him if I remember right..."passing game is in shambles, etc.."

That coaches watch way more film than we do. Maybe Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped. If throwing in Crabtree is something they feel is best, then I'm okay with that.

Maybe they'll start going with 3 receiver sets more frequently in our passing game. Then lining Morgan up in the slot may provide him more opportunity. Shaun is an equal opportunity passer. If the guys open he's getting the ball. Morgan, Crabs, Bruce, whoever.

Go Niners!

How can someone who rarely completes a pass be labled as an equal opportunity passer?

Hill is NOT a good starting QB. He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. He also requires an OC who's imaginitave enough to cover up his weeknesses to be adequate. He is getting neither this year. Now people are seeing exactly how deficient he is.

I am not a Smith backer/supporter/lover, and was really hoping Hill would prove me wrong, but the guy just doesn't fill the position sufficiently and his replacement needs to be this teams #1 priority.

He requires GREAT play from the people around him to be adequate himself. [b] Wow you came up with this on your own ! Every QB requires great play from the people around him , Farve pass to the end of the endzone if the WR did not catch it , it would not have been in the highlights ! and so on and so on !

It is not that hard to understand the point of this poster. Great QBs make their teammates look good and give their teammates opportunities to shine (Peyton Manning, Drew Breese, Brett Farve). Good QBs manage average offenses and make them look adequate or if they are fortunate enough to have great receivers, the receivers make them look great. (Eli Manning, Ben Rothesburger (sp)), Average QBs do “require” great play from their team in order to look good. (Shaun Hill, Kerry Collins)
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:

Not exact quotes...

Go Niners!

Martz knows our players better then our current OC does IMO. He said "They can't even get the ball to Josh what makes them think they can get it to Crabtree?" which is entirely different then what you just said: "Morgan hasn't really stepped up as much as they hoped."

Not sure where you got that thought lol

"entirely different" Really? I felt that your second hand info from Martz was pretty much the same overall point that I as making. If you reread my post, which is conveniently quoted above, you'll see that I start my sentence about Morgan with the word "maybe". lol

My point is that Morgan isn't catching the ball. Nobody on the team is really is. I would hardly call that "entirely different" from what you're saying that Martz said.

The coaches on the 49ers think getting Crabs out there this weekend is the best decision, whehter that be short or long term, then that is what they are going to do. You get the point there? Maybe Crabs wont be as affective as Morgon on Sunday, that doesn't immediately mean that Raye is horrible. He's a rookie who missed so much practice time that I seriously doubt he'll be productive at all. But if the coaches on the 49ers (which isn't Martz) think that getting him out there Sunday is the best thing, even if he doesn't catch a single pass, then that is how the coaches feel about what is best for the 49ers.
  • carl
  • Veteran

Not exact quotes...

Go Niners!

oic. You're trying to drag me into a Shaun Hill bashing argument. I'm not going there. Look at his stats compared to the other QB's that are on our team. I think you'll see that he's the better option. I'm really sorry that Tom Brady isn't on our team too.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

i think martz is a little bitter.

Do you blame him?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
...I agree with Martz that if your offense is one dimensional you can't expect to get as far...

Our offense isn't one dimensional, it's metaphysical. It only exists on a theoretical plane were runs and passes are contemplated, yet never executed. It simply IS for several brief moments prior to our punting team taking the field.

Do not let your senses fool you, for in reality there is no offense on the field. Unless you care to consider the offense of empty promises.
got to love the Martz haters...the best offensive mind to stroll in a decade and he got ran out of town in one freaking season. And on top of that some zoners with fraction of his football knowledge go around clowning him
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

Looks like Martz nailed it.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
I wish we had Martz.

Shouldn't wish for things you can not have. It only brings you pain.

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

He sure did.
I think it's simple. Until we have an O-Line that can protect a QB, a QB that can throw a pass other than a simple dink, dunk or seam pass, and WRs that can actually get open, our passing game is in shambles.

I didn't like Martz when he first went on NFL network, but the guy does know offenses.
You may not like his style, but he has been effective.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Oct 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
...I agree with Martz that if your offense is one dimensional you can't expect to get as far...

Our offense isn't one dimensional, it's metaphysical. It only exists on a theoretical plane were runs and passes are contemplated, yet never executed. It simply IS for several brief moments prior to our punting team taking the field.

Do not let your senses fool you, for in reality there is no offense on the field. Unless you care to consider the offense of empty promises.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

He sure did.

Of course he did. Why is it when someone is honest about the 49ers shortcomings they're a "hater" or "bitter" or "not faithful".

Dude, call it what it is - the passing game SUCKS for a myriad of reasons (OL, Hill, WRs) and until proven otherwise.

Yep the Broncos have a great o line, 2 great WR's..good TE, great f**king D...
Analysts analyze, and sometimes they are wrong. It's not a science, just opinion with some amount of bias.
I don't think it's a real job either.
Share 49ersWebzone