Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Niners99:
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

i think martz is a little bitter.

Who cares what Martz thinks.

I'm with you my friend, if he really were the genius that some claim him to be, why is he on TV talking about football instead of out there putting his genius to work?

the man that took us form the bottom to the middle of the pack with Noodle arm and 1st round bust and JTO !

Good call. Martz took/takes alot of heat around here, but he made our offense respectable last year. Look at the offense before and after him, HORRIBLE. And anybody that brings up all the sacks last year, SAVE IT. Without Martz we're still getting sacked WAY TO MUCH. At the current rate, we'll finish the season with about 51 sacks. Last season we were sacked 55 times, but at least we moved the ball. Not to mention being tied for 3rd in the league with pass plays over 20 yards.
I'd much rather have that over this 1930s offense. It's Hostler all over again.

Yeah we all saw how great Martz was for the team, I mean wasn't it great how having one of the premiere backs in the league we ranked 26th in rushing? Or how about how we were dead last in turnover ratio? Or how about the game where we had a lead in the fourth quarter and a rb averaging over 6 yards a carry and he decided to put the game into the hands of his scrub JTO who promptly threw the game away...I sure miss Martz.

The team moved the ball with Martz. People actually feared us. If we had this year's defense and last year's offense, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0. How could you complain about Martz' offense last year? Are you not watching the games this year? Maybe we were ranked 26th in rushing last year, but we still moved the ball. We're 30th in pass this year and we can't even move the chains. I'd take Martz any day of the week.

And it's not Martz' fault that O'Sullivan kept turning the ball over. It's the QB's poor decision making. Do the coaches always get the blame for the mistakes players make? After O'Sullivan was benched, we stopped turning the ball over, and guess what? Our offense got better and we won games.

Great post. There's absolutely no question that Shaun had gotten comfortable in Martz's toned down system towards the end of '08. If we had that same offense/playcalling this year, we'd be a lot better than we currently are.

Maybe so, though there's no question he under-utilized Gore, our best weapon, and our team didn't really fit his scheme. While things aren't going great right now and we have every reason to question Raye's ability as an OC, the scheme does seem to fit our personnel better than what Martz'. Now if only we could execute...

And let's lay off of this "I wish Martz were still here" business, because I think it was pretty clear he and Singletary couldn't co-exist either scheme-wise or in a employee-superior relationship. Martz is a head coach and has trouble not being in charge. There is no way he and Singletary could have co-existed over the long-term anyway.

Now I do wish Norv Turner were still here, because the scheme fit and he seems to have more success as an offensive coordinator than as a head coach anyway.
Originally posted by danimal:
got to love the Martz haters...the best offensive mind to stroll in a decade and he got ran out of town in one freaking season. And on top of that some zoners with fraction of his football knowledge go around clowning him

BEST offensive mind in 10-years, really? Norv Turner Not only improved our passing game but he also improved our running game. I'll take Norv's body of work as OC any day over Martz.

cmon dude, you get my point I am sure, the 49ers have been a deficient offense for many many years now and the OC's have been pretty terrible. The point is we finally had a good one(who unlike Norv was not going anywhere) and we gave him the AX after just 1 season.

You can color it anyway you choose, but to me it was just another decision that proves this franchise is a joke.

I agree that it was a bad decision, but I think it comes down to Singletary wanting an OC that's more conventional. If Nolan was still the coach, Martz would still be the OC. Singletary has made a lot of questionable moves thus far.

Ideally it should have been HC Sing, OC Martz, DC Nolan with Jed just telling everyone thats how it is going to be whether you like it or not
got to love the Martz haters...the best offensive mind to stroll in a decade and he got ran out of town in one freaking season. And on top of that some zoners with fraction of his football knowledge go around clowning him

BEST offensive mind in 10-years, really? Norv Turner Not only improved our passing game but he also improved our running game. I'll take Norv's body of work as OC any day over Martz.

cmon dude, you get my point I am sure, the 49ers have been a deficient offense for many many years now and the OC's have been pretty terrible. The point is we finally had a good one(who unlike Norv was not going anywhere) and we gave him the AX after just 1 season.

You can color it anyway you choose, but to me it was just another decision that proves this franchise is a joke.

I agree that it was a bad decision, but I think it comes down to Singletary wanting an OC that's more conventional. If Nolan was still the coach, Martz would still be the OC. Singletary has made a lot of questionable moves thus far.

Ideally it should have been HC Sing, OC Martz, DC Nolan with Jed just telling everyone thats how it is going to be whether you like it or not

As funny as it sounds:

Sing + Martz + Nolan = playoffs.
Martz, knows football but lets his emotions get in the way too much.
They were talking buy or sell on 2-0 teams, and Martz said "sell" on the 49ers. he said we have a nice d, but our passing game isnt good enough yet to buy.

then went on to "buy" the Denver freakin Broncos, who he drooled over and "gave big props to mike nolans new d" and called them for real, having a solid all around team.

please. the broncos look like a mess. theyve beaten the 2 ohio teams. one on a miracle last second TD.

I'm with you my friend, if he really were the genius that some claim him to be, why is he on TV talking about football instead of out there putting his genius to work?

the man that took us form the bottom to the middle of the pack with Noodle arm and 1st round bust and JTO !

Good call. Martz took/takes alot of heat around here, but he made our offense respectable last year. Look at the offense before and after him, HORRIBLE. And anybody that brings up all the sacks last year, SAVE IT. Without Martz we're still getting sacked WAY TO MUCH. At the current rate, we'll finish the season with about 51 sacks. Last season we were sacked 55 times, but at least we moved the ball. Not to mention being tied for 3rd in the league with pass plays over 20 yards.

Yeah we all saw how great Martz was for the team, I mean wasn't it great how having one of the premiere backs in the league we ranked 26th in rushing? Or how about how we were dead last in turnover ratio? Or how about the game where we had a lead in the fourth quarter and a rb averaging over 6 yards a carry and he decided to put the game into the hands of his scrub JTO who promptly threw the game away...I sure miss Martz.

The team moved the ball with Martz. People actually feared us. If we had this year's defense and last year's offense, we'd be 4-1 or 5-0. How could you complain about Martz' offense last year? Are you not watching the games this year? Maybe we were ranked 26th in rushing last year, but we still moved the ball. We're 30th in pass this year and we can't even move the chains. I'd take Martz any day of the week.

And it's not Martz' fault that O'Sullivan kept turning the ball over. It's the QB's poor decision making. Do the coaches always get the blame for the mistakes players make? After O'Sullivan was benched, we stopped turning the ball over, and guess what? Our offense got better and we won games.

No one feared us last year...no one. We had a Qb that loved to throw it to the other team, a star RB that hardly got the ball, an oline that couldn't pass block(still can't) making 7 step drops all game long. And as for the eagles game, that is squarely on Martz, he was the one calling pass plays when Gore was averaging 6 yards a carry, we should have won that game, except Martz had to let "the greatest QB I have ever coached" throw it away. So all you want to about how great he is, but this one glaring fact remains...If Martz is so great, why is he on TV and not coaching? Got no answer for that one do you? I will take Norv Turner over Martz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Martz: "JT O'Sullivan is the best QB i've ever coached."

Enough said.

-9fA
  • B650
  • Veteran

No one feared us last year...no one. We had a Qb that loved to throw it to the other team, a star RB that hardly got the ball, an oline that couldn't pass block(still can't) making 7 step drops all game long. And as for the eagles game, that is squarely on Martz, he was the one calling pass plays when Gore was averaging 6 yards a carry, we should have won that game, except Martz had to let "the greatest QB I have ever coached" throw it away. So all you want to about how great he is, but this one glaring fact remains...If Martz is so great, why is he on TV and not coaching? Got no answer for that one do you? I will take Norv Turner over Martz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take Turner over Martz as well. Why isn't Martz coaching? Who knows? Why aren't Shanahan or Holmgren coaching? Does it mean that nobody wants them? Maybe Martz got an offer and declined. Again, nobody knows.

Last year, O'Sullivan threw the ball to the other team. He fumbled the ball to other team as well. But once Hill became starter, that all changed. Sounds like you gave up on the season and stopped watching? The offense the 2nd half of the season is light years ahead of the offense this season. But we'll see how it plays out.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Enough said.

-9fA

Hahaha

Sounds like a "Jerry Jones or Dan Synder" mess right there. That coaching dynamic would never work. Easy to want Nolan as a DC now.

Detroit is a joke, Redskins are a joke, Tards (for many years) were a joke, not winning a playoff game since the early 90's is a joke.

I think we are better team today than in previous past
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

Sounds like a "Jerry Jones or Dan Synder" mess right there. That coaching dynamic would never work. Easy to want Nolan as a DC now.

Detroit is a joke, Redskins are a joke, Tards (for many years) were a joke, not winning a playoff game since the early 90's is a joke.

Some of you guys are giving Nolan wayyyy too much credit (not that he doesn't deserve it), it's easy to look great as a DC when you have guys like Dumervil, Bailey, Dawkins etc....I bet if Nolan coached them last year he would not have this much success...if you have the talent almost any coach will succeed. If we had those guys our D would look great too, and Manusky would look like a genius.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM ]

I'll take Turner over Martz as well. Why isn't Martz coaching? Who knows? Why aren't Shanahan or Holmgren coaching? Does it mean that nobody wants them? Maybe Martz got an offer and declined. Again, nobody knows.

Last year, O'Sullivan threw the ball to the other team. He fumbled the ball to other team as well. But once Hill became starter, that all changed. Sounds like you gave up on the season and stopped watching? The offense the 2nd half of the season is light years ahead of the offense this season. But we'll see how it plays out.

Mike and Mike both said they wanted to take a year off, they'd probably be coaching now if they had wanted to, but everyone needs a break once in awhile. I wish we could get Shanahan as OC and Holmgren as a front office guy to help Jed and Scott out. Martz is just an egomaniac that is out to push his pass happy agenda. Maybe we get lucky and Norv gets canned in SD and we can hire him to finish what he started here, you know Alex Smith would love that to happen, probably Gore too.

The offense the 1st half of last season was lightyears ahead of this season too! Minus the turnovers they were going up and down the field and scoring TDs.

Enough said.

-9fA

yeah, that stupid enough said. if he said again this that ego was stupid anyway! i don't want to heard this sh*t
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Enough said.

-9fA

yeah, that stupid enough said. if he said again this that ego was stupid anyway! i don't want to heard this sh*t

maybe he gave him a bj while he coached jt
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

Quote:
That coaching dynamic would never work.

I was being facetious

Quote:

That is not saying much
Share 49ersWebzone