LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

So... is it Hill or is it our W.R.'s?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Smith to Gilmore for 75 yards

Compared to this:

Shaun Hill to Isaac Brue for 50 yards

Now tell me, which receiver catches his pass in-stride??

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Compared to this:

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..

Hafta say that Hill's pass was better. Only cause it was over Bruce's shoulder.

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

This:

Compared to this:

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target
Hill without a doubt he holds the ball too long and if is a thrown over 15yds he puts a lot of air in it, so he'd rather play it safe

Also Bruce is dropping at least 3 per game
We had like 4 or 5 dropped passes today, and about 2 or 3 incompletions due to them running a bad route.
Hard to catch a ball when it is rarely if ever on target - Hill can through a curl route on target if it is 15 yards or under that is about it...never going anywhere with Hill as the QB he is a career backup plain and simple
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Hard to catch a ball when it is rarely if ever on target - Hill can through a curl route on target if it is 15 yards or under that is about it...never going anywhere with Hill as the QB he is a career backup plain and simple

Hill had a good game today.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Twister68:
Yes, let's all start whining. Like we would be 3-0 after 2 games if we had more passing yards and catches.

this.

We're having a discussion, on a discussion forum, about whether the reason our WR's haven't produced is the QB's fault or the WR's fault. If every thread was "2-0 WOO HOO" this would be a very boring place. This is a valid discussion.

never said it wasn't.

sorry, should of quoted the other dude. I saw ur cunninlyngus smiley.

is that what that smiley means? That explains all those strange phone calls I've been getting...

I think Twister has a point. that said, I think the lack of passing game production has a lot to do with scheme and situational playcalling. Until we see a concerted and sustained attempt to pass the ball downfield, I think it'll be hard to really assess our ability to do so.

wow, so far from the truth. Do you even watch the games? Hill's arm strength issues show when he tried to hit the 15 yard outs and curls, as there is no zip on the ball. He has good touch, as shown by the 2 TDs to Davis.

Let me ask you this, he puts us ahead with 1:30 to go, and our defense can't hold an 80 yard drive, that is Hill's fault?
Originally posted by SJniner7:

wow, so far from the truth. Do you even watch the games? Hill's arm strength issues show when he tried to hit the 15 yard outs and curls, as there is no zip on the ball. He has good touch, as shown by the 2 TDs to Davis.

Let me ask you this, he puts us ahead with 1:30 to go, and our defense can't hold an 80 yard drive, that is Hill's fault?

We shouldn't have been ahead - he the INT he threw showed that - the only reason he got a 2nd chance is his incompotent ass got called for delay of game - Now Hill is okay we will win games with him but he will NEVER win us the game . We can probably win Our division with him just managing the game because it is so weak but great QB play wins in the playoffs - Shaun Hill may be capable of a good game once in awhile maybe a great game against Detroit or this years Bucs but that is about it....

if he throws the ball once on stride and on target to Bruce we were up another score - Def was on the field way to long again today - and why is that because Shaun Hill isn't allowed or isn't capable of audibling at the line of scrimmage when he see's 8 or 9 men in the box

We shouldn't have been ahead - he the INT he threw showed that - the only reason he got a 2nd chance is his incompotent ass got called for delay of game - Now Hill is okay we will win games with him but he will NEVER win us the game . We can probably win Our division with him just managing the game because it is so weak but great QB play wins in the playoffs - Shaun Hill may be capable of a good game once in awhile maybe a great game against Detroit or this years Bucs but that is about it....

if he throws the ball once on stride and on target to Bruce we were up another score - Def was on the field way to long again today - and why is that because Shaun Hill isn't allowed or isn't capable of audibling at the line of scrimmage when he see's 8 or 9 men in the box

Hey we were just talking about people like you in another thread
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The bright side is that maybe Sing and Raye will let Shaun have more control of the offense. He's shown them, and all the anti-Hill idiots on here, that he can take this team to the playoffs.

But other than that, I don't see much of a bright side. We had a big chance to give ourselves a nice cushion in the division today and choked it away.

Those Anti-Hill idiots are here to stay.

umm... this is pointless if you are just going to list off "should haves..."
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

But oh well it's not Alex so you're happy with mediocrity.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Hey we were just talking about people like you in another thread
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The bright side is that maybe Sing and Raye will let Shaun have more control of the offense. He's shown them, and all the anti-Hill idiots on here, that he can take this team to the playoffs.

But other than that, I don't see much of a bright side. We had a big chance to give ourselves a nice cushion in the division today and choked it away.

Those Anti-Hill idiots are here to stay.

I agree we will get to the playoffs - we can win this division with Shaun Hill managing the game - but only because it is a very weak division - we will not win in the playoffs with him - simply put he doesn't have the talent and if you can't see that . We are going to be 3-2 going into the break pretty good considering we have at best an average QB starting - We finish 9-7 MAYBE 10-6 - A amazing improvement considering what Nowin did to this team - Next year when they actually get a QB in here - Could be Davis could be a FA then we will be playoff threats...

Take the rose colored glasses off and take a big cup of Reality Juice - Either you are smarter (adn every other Shaun Hill Lover) than every football commentator in the free world or your a homer with no ability of actual critical thought- As a matter of fact you should immediately apply to an NFL team as a talent evaluator - I am sure after you explain the greatness of Shaun Hill you will be given a top level job...I wonder which class they would put you in...
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

But oh well it's not Alex so you're happy with mediocrity.

~Ceadder

Hey, we not all haters, i Just feel Hill gives us the best chance to win. I was waiting for the bashing ceadder, but I noticed you refrained... heh!
Share 49ersWebzone