Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Smith to Gilmore for 75 yards

Compared to this:

Shaun Hill to Isaac Brue for 50 yards

Now tell me, which receiver catches his pass in-stride??

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..

Hafta say that Hill's pass was better. Only cause it was over Bruce's shoulder.

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

But oh well it's not Alex so you're happy with mediocrity.

~Ceadder

Hey, we not all haters, i Just feel Hill gives us the best chance to win. I was waiting for the bashing ceadder, but I noticed you refrained... heh!

And for the moment I don't feel that he gives us anything more that either Alex or Nate can give us. Seriously, if all we want is a custodial QB then all 3 qualify perfectly. I'm pretty sure that all 3 can hand the ball off to a RB. They would NEVER have made the Pros if they couldn't do that.

So really what does Hill bring to the table that is so much better than the other two? Cause I'm not seeing it and I would LOVE to be enlightened.

~Ceadder

Poise in the pocket and overall a much better passer, well at least over Smith.

Hill has no pocket prescense and no down field accuracy - which is fine if you can control the ball better - the offense can NOT leave the Defense out on the field week in and week out like they have been - Shaun Hill and Raye have got to do a better job of mixing the plays up and getting the Def off balance...

Wow, then what was that a few hours ago?? I could've sworn Hill drove the ball 80 yards for a TD pass to Davis. How about in week 1, another 80 yard drive. All done with no running game might I add.
Hill looked pretty darn good today. He a made several really nice throws, that were not rainbows.

Tough way to take a loss, but you gotta love the grit of this team..

10-6 here we come!!!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Jimmy Raye Does not know when to call play action or when to stretch the field long to the WRs

And for the moment I don't feel that he gives us anything more that either Alex or Nate can give us. Seriously, if all we want is a custodial QB then all 3 qualify perfectly. I'm pretty sure that all 3 can hand the ball off to a RB. They would NEVER have made the Pros if they couldn't do that.

So really what does Hill bring to the table that is so much better than the other two? Cause I'm not seeing it and I would LOVE to be enlightened.

~Ceadder

Well, you do not know what they would have done (alex or nate). AS might have not completed anything, Nate could have fumbled, or many of the other endless possibilities. I mean, with only 25 passes, and he basically put us ahead to win the game, that is pretty damn good. While I am not spouting that he is the savior in any way what so ever, I just feel he deserves credit where it is due.

Sorry man, I just cannot disagree more. It was custodial Football at it's best. Basically the staff is telling our QBs' that this is the most they can achieve and the team as well. I'm not on board with that aspect. I'm glad that we have a winning record at the moment, but c'mon the results would have been similar with either Alex or Nate under Center. You can try to spin it negatively, but anyone that has seen or listened to these 3 games can see this.

The article on the front page about "Pretty" style of Football, missed it wide. It's not about "pretty", it's about taking your shots when you get them and making the most of them. Shaun can't do that and the play calling reflects it. I don't care how pretty it is or isn't. I want the BEST guy out there. If it's Shaun then he needs to pull his head out of his bum and put together more than one solid drive a game. That's all. I don't expect 300 yard games either. Would be nice but it's not realistic.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Sugatis:
I think it is Hill... he looks like he is tossing a hand grenade, rather then stepping into the throw and drilling it to the WR..

In order for Hill to lead a receiver, he has to throw the ball before they break the huddle.

This:

Compared to this:

touche!! Both should have been touchdowns. Too much air in both throws....Hmmm... I wonder if that would happen to Nate Davis..

Now show me an example of Hill throwing a longer pass in comparison to Smith's long yardage throws. I think that the crevice will get much wider in terms of capability.

~Ceadder

...and Smith's are also much wider in probability that it would even be on target

Dude, what do you want from me? I gave Hill credit. I called it straight up even.

If you want me to service him, well you better lend me your golden knee pads. Cause my knees are trashed..

I like how Smith "Is never on target" as inferred by you and others. That is a load of crap n you know it.

If you can't call it straight then how can you expect ANYONE to take you seriously? Oh wait I forgot, this is the Shaun Hill gang I'm talkin about. You guys think that everyone takes you seriously just because you hate Smith.

I remember when people did that back when Joe and Steve were competing against each other. Funny how no matter how much things change they still remain the same. Why does there have to be a division on this anyway. Can't people be civil about this issue? You don't see ME going out and flaming anyone who is a 49er do you? Of course you don't cause I won't do that.

I may not believe 100% in the guy, but it's cause I know what he is. Even if you disagree with me. That's not going to change until he proves to me that I'm wrong. Case in point. We SHOULD have won today. 1 scoring drive by Hill the ENTIRE game? Man if that was Alex, you guys would be going ape$h|t about it.

~Ceadder

Hey, we not all haters, i Just feel Hill gives us the best chance to win. I was waiting for the bashing ceadder, but I noticed you refrained... heh!

~Ceadder

Hill has no pocket prescense and no down field accuracy - which is fine if you can control the ball better - the offense can NOT leave the Defense out on the field week in and week out like they have been - Shaun Hill and Raye have got to do a better job of mixing the plays up and getting the Def off balance...

Wow, then what was that a few hours ago?? I could've sworn Hill drove the ball 80 yards for a TD pass to Davis. How about in week 1, another 80 yard drive. All done with no running game might I add.

An 80 yd drive?...

Lemme know when he does that more than one time a game. Until then it's just smoke and mirror Football. We LOST today and you're happy with Smoke and Mirror Football.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

~Ceadder

Well, you do not know what they would have done (alex or nate). AS might have not completed anything, Nate could have fumbled, or many of the other endless possibilities. I mean, with only 25 passes, and he basically put us ahead to win the game, that is pretty damn good. While I am not spouting that he is the savior in any way what so ever, I just feel he deserves credit where it is due.

Besides, I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is walking through that door anytime soon.

Nope, they aren't but we MIGHT have our very own Jim Plunkett on the roster and you wouldn't know it.

But ahhhh well, I digress.

~Ceadder
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

Lemme know when he does that more than one time a game. Until then it's just smoke and mirror Football. We LOST today and you're happy with Smoke and Mirror Football.

He's doing this in the 4th quarter when the games are won and lost. Please stop the sour grapes, Hill is a solid QB.

Now If expecting him to perform like an elite QB through 4 quarters your expectations are just way too high.

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

~Ceadder

0-11 on third down is a little troubling.
Originally posted by BHulman:

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

~Ceadder

it must be hard for "fans" like yourselves...... Hill does fine and we almost win but you have to search for anything anything to try and downplay how good he is doing.

as far as the 0-11.... this proves exactly what I mean...... go to NFL.com search all of our 3rd situations and come back and prove that Hill was to blame for all 11 chances.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

He's doing this in the 4th quarter when the games are won and lost. Please stop the sour grapes, Hill is a solid QB.

Now If expecting him to perform like an elite QB through 4 quarters your expectations are just way too high.

Amazing!!! First it was, lets see him start a full game, next was, defenses will soon figure him out, and next, lets see him play a real defense. Now its, lemme know when he does it more than one time a game.

Its comments like the one above that made me lean to one side of the QB competition. Hey!!! Lemme know when the #2 QB on our roster lives up to his potential. Hill is the best QB we've had since 2002, no complaints from me about his play.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by BHulman:

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

~Ceadder

it must be hard for "fans" like yourselves...... Hill does fine and we almost win but you have to search for anything anything to try and downplay how good he is doing.

as far as the 0-11.... this proves exactly what I mean...... go to NFL.com search all of our 3rd situations and come back and prove that Hill was to blame for all 11 chances.

Not saying that he was. I generally thought Hill played pretty well. But this offense keeps running those short routes on third down that lead to punts. I don't know who to blame: Raye, the receivers, the O-Line or Hill. But I do know that 0-11 in the NFL will not result in many wins.

This:

Compared to this:

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

An 80 yd drive?...

~Ceadder

How about they let him throw? LOLOLOL.

Or, lets throw it 7 yards when we need 10 yard+ completions.

WR's dropping balls? TE's dropping balls? RB's dropping balls?

Oline blocking like s**t, Hill had pressure half of his completions.

Let's not forget "Hey Hill, even if you see their whole team blitzing don't audible"

And my favorite, when he took over the drive in the 4th he was making passes down field, twice now...omg maybe the guy can throw a football!

Watch the game, Hill had little to do with why we lost today, it's this stupid play calling and conservative BS mentally that is trying to be instilled in the offense.
Raye
When Hill is given time he makes things happen nuff said.

Amazing!!! First it was, lets see him start a full game, next was, defenses will soon figure him out, and next, lets see him play a real defense. Now its, lemme know when he does it more than one time a game.

Its comments like the one above that made me lean to one side of the QB competition. Hey!!! Lemme know when the #2 QB on our roster lives up to his potential. Hill is the best QB we've had since 2002, no complaints from me about his play.

You sir, i salute!
Share 49ersWebzone