LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

How About Some Love for Shawntae Spencer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Props to Spencer
Originally posted by hklar17:

Spencer just did what he has done since college. Cover Fitz, they were college teamates and Spencer covered him everyday in practice at Pit. He was drafted just to cover Fitz. Infact Fitz has said numerous times that Spencer is the toughest Corner he has ever went up against. He has always played well against Fitz.
he did his thug thizzle.. no doubt.. i hope our D can play this consistent all season
Yup good to know go 4 deep at DB 5 if you count Hudson
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Spencer just did what he has done since college. Cover Fitz, they were college teamates and Spencer covered him everyday in practice at Pit. He was drafted just to cover Fitz. Infact Fitz has said numerous times that Spencer is the toughest Corner he has ever went up against. He has always played well against Fitz.

i could've sworn nate was covering fitz the whole time. whatever, they all did good
Big ups to Shawntae, Goldson, Bly, Nate, and M. Lewis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Being that Spencer is often hurt, I didnt think it was a good move. However, I'm impressed in a big way. He is the perfect disciplined corner and Bly is a great nickel in that he is a gambler and a great guy to put over the slot reciever. You want your corners to hold firm and the nickle guy to make it hard on the QB to pass. We are stacked at CB.

I'm suprised how humble Spencer is. He is the opposite of Bly.

I have had the same concerns about injuries ...... but he sure had a good game and you are absolutely right we are stacked at CB.
Originally posted by PTulini:
He did really well today versus the Arizona Cardinals. I was pleasantly surprised with how he played against Larry Fitzgerald!

SEARCH Function: I posted a Spencer thread a few HOURS before this 1.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129779&highlight=Spencer%20on%20Lockdown

[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 14, 2009 at 13:46:07 ]

Originally posted by WINiner:
He did really well today versus the Arizona Cardinals. I was pleasantly surprised with how he played against Larry Fitzgerald!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129779&highlight=Spencer%20on%20Lockdown

Bitter much? Geez, you'd think I stole a cookie!
  • dj43
I just wanted to bump this back to the front page because Spencer's coverage was a big part of why the front seven were able pressure Warner. A lot of the quick throws Warner likes were not there because of Spencer press coverage of Cardinal receivers.

Spencer has been the subject of a lot of underserved criticism on this board because he played while injured two years ago, which reduced his effectiveness. Yet the guy was a total gentleman, never blaming the hamstring injury for his performance. In truth, he was never fully healed all season long.

Now he is healthy and playing lights out. Both for his play and the gentleman he is, he deserves to stay on the front page. No more second page stuff for him while a certain guy who hasn't even pulled on the jersey yet is top front.
I'm not surprised, he's had very games when healthy.

It is true our DB depth is good, with guys like Brown, Reggie, Bly, and even Hudson, only wish we had a Spencer, or even a Bly, on our oline to replace Snyder/Baas.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Bitter much? Geez, you'd think I stole a cookie!

Nah I was tryin to perform my best Ang or Oscar....you know Mod Nat**.....I can see I didn't quite pull it off.....
Share 49ersWebzone