LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

How About Some Love for Shawntae Spencer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
I just wanted to bump this back to the front page because Spencer's coverage was a big part of why the front seven were able pressure Warner. A lot of the quick throws Warner likes were not there because of Spencer press coverage of Cardinal receivers.

Spencer has been the subject of a lot of underserved criticism on this board because he played while injured two years ago, which reduced his effectiveness. Yet the guy was a total gentleman, never blaming the hamstring injury for his performance. In truth, he was never fully healed all season long.

Now he is healthy and playing lights out. Both for his play and the gentleman he is, he deserves to stay on the front page. No more second page stuff for him while a certain guy who hasn't even pulled on the jersey yet is top front.

Absolutely...our whole secondary played lights out. Shawntae has worked very hard getting himself back and it shows. He's worked especially hard on the fundamentals of pass coverage...which as a veteran, shows his tremendous work ethic. I said it before the season started...with Clements, Spencer, Bly, and Brown, that's the most talented and deepest corps of CB's we've had in a long time.
Another good game from Spence!!!! Looking like a great decision by the coach!!!!
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Another good game from Spence!!!! Looking like a great decision by the coach!!!!

hell yea, i dont think i heard his name once during the game, that means he's doing his job. keep it up spencer, i always liked spencer, he looked like a bright young star before he got hurt and tried to play injured, he looks even better this year, he rehabbed and got his speed back and he worked on technique to compensate for his lost speed when he was hurt so no he's a complete corner
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
I always liked him
Shawnte Spencer is on lockdown. To this point , he has played the best of any of our dbacks. People are actualy throwing against Nate rather then going Spencers way. This is extremely encouraging.
lol, i seriously forgot about him that game, he shut down his side of field, pretty awesome to see.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by hklar17:

Bro looks like he's ready to tear some meat off a carcass!
He's been playing great. I hope he keeps it up.

He stopped Hous-your-mama all day on Sunday! Awesome performance!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Absolutely...our whole secondary played lights out. Shawntae has worked very hard getting himself back and it shows. He's worked especially hard on the fundamentals of pass coverage...which as a veteran, shows his tremendous work ethic. I said it before the season started...with Clements, Spencer, Bly, and Brown, that's the most talented and deepest corps of CB's we've had in a long time.

Love for Shawntae Spencer? Nah, I'm heterosexual, thank you very much.
I think starter could have been either bly, brown, or spencer and they would have performed well.....If you think about it our 2, 3, 4 cbs were all fighting for the 2nd spot....thats a very good problem to have

Share 49ersWebzone