Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 1)

• trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by trellblaze1:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Raye is a joke. He is not an OC. He is a joke.

Pure and simple.

I think it's funny that people believe that any OC would have success with no blocking. Especially one who's plays are completely dependent on timing.

Ray may not indeed be a good OC, but that's not what was evident today. Anytime the opposing DLine is paying rent in your backfield your offense is going to look bad...

Did you notice how the pass protection improved on our TD drive? That's because we spread the field! The playcalling was responsible for a great part of the o-line struggle.

I think the Cards D had lost a little steam nearing the end of that drive.

Don't get me wrong...i don't care for the playcalling either but it's not the biggest of my worries.

Baas might as well have been grass today. Rachal wasn't far behind except for a few good plays...
Originally posted by A-R-S:
We win despite Jimmy Raye and his unbelievably horrific playcalling. That was Hostler-esq. This guy better get his s**t straightened out next week.

Did we seriously go run, run, run, punt 4 times? I hope I counted that wrong.

Pretty sure we did.

A win makes up for it though. I'm happy!
Can anyone please explain to me how playcalling and NOT execution in the trenches is at fault here?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I really just saw our line getting dominated.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Can anyone please explain to me how playcalling and NOT execution in the trenches is at fault here?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I really just saw our line getting dominated.

You saw it right, these guys just do not know what the hell they are talking about.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Pure and simple.

I think it's funny that people believe that any OC would have success with no blocking. Especially one who's plays are completely dependent on timing.

Ray may not indeed be a good OC, but that's not what was evident today. Anytime the opposing DLine is paying rent in your backfield your offense is going to look bad...

Did you notice how the pass protection improved on our TD drive? That's because we spread the field! The playcalling was responsible for a great part of the o-line struggle.

The oline was responsible for the bad oline play. Raye only calls the plays, he cannot get out there and execute it for them.

There a lot more involved than just execution. When you line up in the I, the guys are gonna stack the box and it will be harder to block.
I'm So F'n Happy we pulled this out....but we were playing not to lose the whole game....until we needed to play to win...and that is a tough position to put your QB in after asking him to hand off over and over and over...and occasional pass..

All I know is that if Raye calls more than one run run run, 3 and out plays... Candlestick will boo him out the stadium next week......we cannot be this predictable....

we were like this early in Alex's carrier...it doesn't help anyone.

Pure and simple.

The oline was responsible for the bad oline play. Raye only calls the plays, he cannot get out there and execute it for them.

There a lot more involved than just execution. When you line up in the I, the guys are gonna stack the box and it will be harder to block.

Our line was out muscled by the tards linemen,nothing to do with play calling.

Pure and simple.

I think the Cards D had lost a little steam nearing the end of that drive.

Don't get me wrong...i don't care for the playcalling either but it's not the biggest of my worries.

Baas might as well have been grass today. Rachal wasn't far behind except for a few good plays...

But the pass protection was better from the BEGINNING of that drive. I know the o-line wasn't in it's best day, but the playcalling plays a MAJOR part in that.
Originally posted by maximill15:
1. O line looked terrible! Dockett seemed to be on a jail break every other play
2. Frank Gore....2 yard a clip wont get it done with our offense going 60-40 run to pass!!! Not all his fault (see above)
3. D stepped up, got some pressure, made key plays when we were supposed to!(granted AZ dropped plenty of catchable balls)
4. jimmy ray....< Jim Holster
5 Crabtree is a f*g!

But Jimmy Raye did not lose the game...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm So F'n Happy we pulled this out....but we were playing not to lose the whole game....until we needed to play to win...and that is a tough position to put your QB in after asking him to hand off over and over and over...and occasional pass..

All I know is that if Raye calls more than one run run run, 3 and out plays... Candlestick will boo him out the stadium next week......we cannot be this predictable....

we were like this early in Alex's carrier...it doesn't help anyone.

More like through his entire career. Where do you think we started the "FREE ALEX" thing?

FREE SHAUN!!!!

Pure and simple.

Our line was out muscled by the tards linemen,nothing to do with play calling.

It happens with every O-line when the other teams stack the box. It's up to the OC to spread the D.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
1. O line looked terrible! Dockett seemed to be on a jail break every other play
2. Frank Gore....2 yard a clip wont get it done with our offense going 60-40 run to pass!!! Not all his fault (see above)
3. D stepped up, got some pressure, made key plays when we were supposed to!(granted AZ dropped plenty of catchable balls)
5 Crabtree is a f*g!

Hostler also "won" the opener against the Cards in 2007.

Pure and simple.

yeah it is all raye fault if he fails to make adjustments! If the D is getting constant pressure( which they did), then your start calling plays to get hill on the move or get frank running outside, which Raye failed to do! Yeha we won, yeha I'm happy, but this wont fly!!!
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A

Pure and simple.

There were several plays for losses that did not involve a stacked box. They whipped our line's ass in all situations and formations. Honestly not until now have I ever seen playcalling blamed for a poor OLine.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
5 Crabtree is a f*g!

yeah we won the game, how could he of lost it?????