There are 231 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

To be fair, he was only allowed to throw for one or two series.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

Defense won this game. Are u arguing against that?

You cannot argue that...we won with D today, the offense looked bad, but it was the olines fault, Hill was so-so when he had time. There is a reason he looked like Alex Smith out there today, the oline sucked just like it did for Smith. Some of you Smith haters may want to try and understand that it is not always the QB's fault when an offense struggles. If your oline sucks, the offense is going to struggle. Hopefully the line will gel and start to play better as a unit.

I fully agree with that. But the playcalling did not help either, I desperately missed more variety and I believe more play-action passes and screens would have helped immensely.

Still, your point about the O-Line is very valid, I think.
DaMn! R oFfEnCe SuCkkZZ!! tHiS PhEeLZ liKe a LoZZ!!! hIs nAmE ShOuLd B jiMmY gAyYe!!! cUz dEeZz rUnNzz R GaYy!! AnD y R dA StRiPeZ oN DeMz JeRZeEz LyKe DaT?!!! OuR uNiForMzz R wEaKK sAuZZee!!
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
DaMn! R oFfEnCe SuCkkZZ!! tHiS PhEeLZ liKe a LoZZ!!! hIs nAmE ShOuLd B jiMmY gAyYe!!! cUz dEeZz rUnNzz R GaYy!! AnD y R dA StRiPeZ oN DeMz JeRZeEz LyKe DaT?!!! OuR uNiForMzz R wEaKK sAuZZee!!

Are you serious? Do you really type like a 13 year old girl or are you being sarcasic?
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Raye is a joke. He is not an OC. He is a joke.

Pure and simple.
The defense and passing game had to carry us today. So much for our power rushing attack.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

Hill did not suck the whole game. He is a winner, and improved his record as a starting qb. He threw a nice long ball and did it all with almost no running game.

He just beat the reigning NFC champions in their own backyard.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
One more thing.

I really like how they are getting Vernon more involved in the offense. There are not many LB that can keep up with him, no way! I am really happy that VD seems to have finally learned how to catch the ball. I will no longer say he has hands of stone. Keep him and Delaney involved in the pass game.
Originally posted by chimp914:
The defense and passing game had to carry us today. So much for our power rushing attack.

true the right side of our o line was pathetic and to be honest hill didnt do too good today
And BTW, If Martz was our OC today, this game would have been 40 -10 or something like that

Yeah we would have been blown out.

Originally posted by Black59Razor:

THIZZ iZ Da TROOFF!!!11!!11
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by chimp914:

true the right side of our o line was pathetic and to be honest hill didnt do too good today

I think he did well. All that was asked of him was to manage the game and not blow it, and he did that. He converted quite a few key third downs too.
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kstolai:
Raye is a joke. He is not an OC. He is a joke.

Pure and simple.

I think it's funny that people believe that any OC would have success with no blocking. Especially one who's plays are completely dependent on timing.

Ray may not indeed be a good OC, but that's not what was evident today. Anytime the opposing DLine is paying rent in your backfield your offense is going to look bad...
This is laughable, they win the game after many of you had us getting blown out by 20+ points and youre going to complain? Seriously, enjoy the win, the Cardinals' D is pretty underrated.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
We win despite Jimmy Raye and his unbelievably horrific playcalling. That was Hostler-esq. This guy better get his s**t straightened out next week.

Did we seriously go run, run, run, punt 4 times? I hope I counted that wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone