LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Briggs Waived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I vote is Marcus Hudson. The guy hasn't shown me anything in his tenure here.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Briggs, Hill, Taylor or Jean-Francois.

The team is already carrying a bonus load of LB's, WR's, safeties and DL, so it has to be one of these positions.

P.S. I'd be shocked to see Spurlock cut. He is the primary Wildcat, and just brings a ton of utility to the team.

What about Evans?
Craptree?
I'm going with Jean-Francois.
Cut Sims.
taylor he is good but we have too many safties he is the odd man out
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
taylor he is good but we have too many safties he is the odd man out

We cant do that until we know Lewis can stay healthy.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
barry sims please
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Must be a real roller coaster for these bubble players in the NFL. From 'Yeah! I made it! Woo hoo!' to 'What??? I'm cut???' the next.

yeah! i gotta feel for those boys... i don't feel too bad for the guys that already made their millions and achieved their dreams. Just the guys that were on the verge of making the team. That has to suck donkey balls!
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:
I say it is Briggs and they will try and get him on the practice squad. Spurlock will be the one cut if and when Crabtree signs.

I doubt it, since we have no pass rushers and no other prospects, now that Jay Moore is gone. If it isn't Simms, I think it is RJF or Curtis.

Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Dino:
barry sims please

that would be stupid cause then well only have one backup again
Originally posted by English:
I thought we were only carrying 52. In which case, no one

i remember seeing walt on the 52. after he went to the IR it opened the spot up for Pashos.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by chimp914:
one of our 12 LB?

Could someone explain why this team has so many linebackers?

special teams, and a lot of young players. While McKillop is the better player, they can't get rid of Ulbrich because they aren't ready to depend on McKillop yet.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I'm guessing WR... Spurlock?

Could Ulbrich be gone?

It needs to be Ulbrich! We have Willis who never comes off the field, Spikes, McKillop (spelling?) who strickly play ILB and Brooks who can play inside if need be we need to cut Ulbrich. Can't say it's his ST anymore we have tons of guys way faster that would be better in that role(s) as well.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Briggs, Hill, Taylor or Jean-Francois.

The team is already carrying a bonus load of LB's, WR's, safeties and DL, so it has to be one of these positions.

P.S. I'd be shocked to see Spurlock cut. He is the primary Wildcat, and just brings a ton of utility to the team.

I would doubt it would be a WR at this point. They would save that cut for when Crabtree signs. My guess would be RJF.
Share 49ersWebzone