LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Briggs Waived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Briggs, Hill, Taylor or Jean-Francois.

The team is already carrying a bonus load of LB's, WR's, safeties and DL, so it has to be one of these positions.

P.S. I'd be shocked to see Spurlock cut. He is the primary Wildcat, and just brings a ton of utility to the team.

Agreed. Spurlock showed skills at WR, Taser, and can be the primary return man if Rossum goes down. He's not going anywhere. I think it's Curtis Taylor.
Originally posted by Dino:
barry sims please

What he said!!!

• dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I'm guessing WR... Spurlock?

Could Ulbrich be gone?

It needs to be Ulbrich! We have Willis who never comes off the field, Spikes, McKillop (spelling?) who strickly play ILB and Brooks who can play inside if need be we need to cut Ulbrich. Can't say it's his ST anymore we have tons of guys way faster that would be better in that role(s) as well.

Faster doesn't mean that you will be better on special teams. If willis or spikes goes down, they don't want to be left relying on brooks or mcKillop at this point.
barry sims please

ding ding ding

no need for 3 Right tackles, and he is the oldest of the bunch..

[ Edited by MaliCali on Sep 7, 2009 at 11:07:52 ]
Originally posted by MaliCali:
barry sims please

ding ding ding

no need for 3 Right tackles, and he is the oldest of the bunch..

Sad thing is we have zero depth @ LT if, God Forbid, anything happened to Staley (which it won't, of course.)
Originally posted by English:
I thought we were only carrying 52. In which case, no one

yeah! arent we at 52 with room for one more?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, we got to keep Sims in case something happens to Staley.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:05:14 ]
Originally posted by saj4423:
I say it is Briggs and they will try and get him on the practice squad. Spurlock will be the one cut if and when Crabtree signs.

This
I'm hoping for Rossum, since we have Spurlock.

Since, there are only 7 guys assigned to the PS, it's gotta be a young player that they can attempt to assign to the PS. So it's either Briggs, Taylor, Jean-Francois.

[ Edited by kronik on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:06:28 ]
I hope it's Curtis Taylor.

its briggs per the 49er home page.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/49ers-Sign-T-Pashos-LB-Briggs-Waived/5e676a5f-e3a6-43dc-b31c-9cef92a87a0f

"The San Francisco 49ers announced the signing of T Tony Pashos to a one-year contract. The team also announced that LB Diyral Briggs has been waived."
Mark Roman.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I hope it's Curtis Taylor.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
its briggs per the 49er home page.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/49ers-Sign-T-Pashos-LB-Briggs-Waived/5e676a5f-e3a6-43dc-b31c-9cef92a87a0f

"The San Francisco 49ers announced the signing of T Tony Pashos to a one-year contract. The team also announced that LB Diyral Briggs has been waived."

I was just about to say this.... I mean I like Harris better....but Briggs was getting soooo many penalties... I'm sure we will sign him to the PS....but he wasn't ready to step in yet.... again we are not a charity and Briggs was getting too many penalties...
I guess that means Ahmad Brooks is healthy, Im pretty sure we will get Briggs on our PS. I think once Pashos is a little more comfortable here, Sims will get the boot.
Share 49ersWebzone