LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Briggs Waived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I was hoping he would stay on the 53 man roster but oh well. i dislike that we are going into the opening game with only 3 olbs.

we actually have 4 OLB, Manny, Haralson, Brooks and M.Harris.

Brooks won't be on the active game roster, and Briggs wouldn't have either.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
This must mean Ahmad Brooks is healthy and should be ready to go against AZ. Im confident we will get Briggs on the PS and I think once Pashos gets little more time with the team, they will cut Sims.

I know, when he beat the 4th stringer for a sack, I thought "our very own Julius Peppers". No way Briggs makes it to the PS. The Chargers will probably pick him up and start him in place of Merriman...and have Sheets replace the LT at rb...and Pascoe replace Gates...we just cut another superstar.
Originally posted by GEEK:
I was hoping he would stay on the 53 man roster but oh well. i dislike that we are going into the opening game with only 3 olbs.

How does Brooks not make it on the active game roster? Singletary likes this kid so look for him to jump on the field a few times a game. Maybe as a rotation type guy
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hard to see your 5th OLB playing much, good waiver choice.
Ya, he wouldn't have been on the 45 man active roster on game days anyway. He might have a decent future though, assuming he can add 15 to 25 lbs.
Originally posted by GEEK:

That is not good going into game one with only three active OLB's when they are gonna be rushing Warner all day long.
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:
I guess that means Ahmad Brooks is healthy, Im pretty sure we will get Briggs on our PS. I think once Pashos is a little more comfortable here, Sims will get the boot.

yup

Sims isn't going to be released anytime soon...unless there is another quality OT that gets cut. At this point, that is highly unlikely. The team needs Sims as the swing guy so Snyder can stay at ROT where he is finally getting comfortable.

The only case I can see Sims getting waived is if Boone begins to play lights out from the PS...ain't gonna happen this year.
Originally posted by SD49ers:
This must mean Ahmad Brooks is healthy and should be ready to go against AZ. Im confident we will get Briggs on the PS and I think once Pashos gets little more time with the team, they will cut Sims.

I know, when he beat the 4th stringer for a sack, I thought "our very own Julius Peppers". No way Briggs makes it to the PS. The Chargers will probably pick him up and start him in place of Merriman...and have Sheets replace the LT at rb...and Pascoe replace Gates...we just cut another superstar.

Brilliant
Share 49ersWebzone