LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

How do you feel going into week 1 after preseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
CHAMPIONSHIP!

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Sep 6, 2009 at 15:34:08 ]
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Im not excited, but I do believe we are better than last year, if not, the same. And if you look at it we still had a chance to win the Division last year. Our Defense will be fine (NOT worried about Nate....he's gonna shut down Fitz yet again!!!!)and our run game will carry the load and help our QB out. Bring on them TARDS baby!!!!!

Shutting down Fitz? I guess holding them to a few catches, not going over 100 yards, and catching 5 yard touchdowns is considered shutting a person down.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 6, 2009 at 15:36:21 ]
We're going to f**king suck. I think Hill will continue his last game in Arizona (Monday Night) except this time his interceptions won't be called back by penalties.

Unsurprisingly IMO, playing for something and he choked.
Concerned, but hopeful. I will be at the bar next sunday with my Willis jersey on cheering my ass off.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Concerned, but hopeful. I will be at the bar next sunday with my Willis jersey on cheering my ass off.

Sadly in all my pick em' leagues, and in the 49erswebzone pick em', I've chosen the Niners to win cause I just can't pick against them.

Sometimes I leave it blank choosing neither team to win.
I am an optimistic person. I am not looking at what they did this preseason...I am going to ludge them on their performance after AZ.

I think we are going to be the Bad New Bears come out and woop some A$$
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Im not excited, but I do believe we are better than last year, if not, the same. And if you look at it we still had a chance to win the Division last year. Our Defense will be fine (NOT worried about Nate....he's gonna shut down Fitz yet again!!!!)and our run game will carry the load and help our QB out. Bring on them TARDS baby!!!!!

Shutting down Fitz? I guess holding them to a few catches, not going over 100 yards, and catching 5 yard touchdowns is considered shutting a person down.

yea holding fitz to 71 total yards for the year isn't shutting him down. Please we were right there wit those tards, even with all the bs going on wit our team last year. What other cb has done that? u can put weight on this past preseason, but I know Nate is a baller and he'll b fine and our d will be a year better!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 6, 2009 at 16:29:51 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
I am an optimistic person. I am not looking at what they did this preseason...I am going to ludge them on their performance after AZ.

I think we are going to be the Bad New Bears come out and woop some A$$

You typed 6 words too many
I feel good like I knew that I would.

[ Edited by XrayEcho on Sep 6, 2009 at 16:24:36 ]
If Manny Lawson is proven not to be able to pass rush, I hope the niners braintrust uses their feeble minds to consider using Manny as a strong safety. His height, speed and coverage as well as strong tackling would be awesome and I think he could do well occasionally pass rushing thru gap holes. I think he would be great as a rover type of safety and his size and strength over the middle should shut down a lot of runs and passes.
In a way, I think Manny is just misplayed. He just is not built for enough power in the lower body and his weight is mainly upper body and leverage is not in his favor. I have strong doubts about McCloughan's abilities overall. He does find some good players but in other areas, he is as weak as grannies knees. I doubt if he could find a pass rusher without a ring thru his nose and being poked by Singletary with a cattle prod. All that Lewis and Roman do I think Manny could do better and I would cut both those guys and go with Manny and the young guys. It might take another year of OTAS and preseason but I certainly would try it.

i don't feel so good overall. we showed nothing in pre-season and haven't changed much from last year aside from OC. we'll fall between 0-16 and 16-0.

yea holding fitz to 71 total yards for the year isn't shutting him down. Please we were right there wit those tards, even with all the bs going on wit our team last year. What other cb has done that? u can put weight on this past preseason, but I know Nate is a baller and he'll b fine and our d will be a year better!

Nate does a fine job against Fitz (yards-wise), but he still gave up a couple of goal line touchdowns. I'd rather give up 100 yards to a receivers than give up a touchdown.
I just can't wait for the first game next week. Not sure what to expect & I'm not sure which jersey I feel like rockin' yet!
scared for week 1. i see steve breaston burning us all day. i see nate actually stepping up, and shutting fitz down for the most part. bolidn will be in & out of the game with his hammy, but when all 3 of their wr's line up breaston will make us pay

this is a team game and we were in both those games. All CBs will give up Tds but as long as u don't let their best players dictate the game.

Nate does a fine job against Fitz (yards-wise), but he still gave up a couple of goal line touchdowns. I'd rather give up 100 yards to a receivers than give up a touchdown.
Share 49ersWebzone