There are 210 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Unkindest Cut - Kory Sheets

• Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Sheets and Miller made the practice squad

but I was lead to believe that he was so hot 31 teams were going to scramble to get him.

Not only did he clear waivers but it's been implied that not a single team conacted his agent.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

but I was lead to believe that he was so hot 31 teams were going to scramble to get him.

Not only did he clear waivers but it's been implied that not a single team conacted his agent.

Contacted
Sheets obviously showed big-play ability during the preseason. He has tremendous acceleration and burst and cutting ability. It would be dumb to let him go for nothing considering Robinson should be playing Canada league and Coffee is a career backup. Sheets is (was) the only homerun hitter we have on the team at RB!
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Sheets obviously showed big-play ability during the preseason. He has tremendous acceleration and burst and cutting ability. It would be dumb to let him go for nothing considering Robinson should be playing Canada league and Coffee is a career backup. Sheets is (was) the only homerun hitter we have on the team at RB!

You truly are a confused rhino. Lets me guess, you're a Clayton fan as well. Hmmm, no team picked up EITHER one. Coffee gained yards against 1st and 2nd string players. Sheets ran against 3rd and 4th stringers, most of whom have been cut.

Contacted

I read this and was like well....contacted by who? Don't leave us hanging. Then I realized you were just correcting yourself.

just because no one else signed Sheets doesn't mean that he doesn't have skills or potential. Maybe he isn't ready for prime-time but we should still be excited about a player with his skill set and what he can add to our team. We don't have home-run threats and Sheets is potentially one of those.

I think teams generally like to put players they know on their practice squad, players they worked with all summer. We shouldn't take Sheets being on our PS as a condemnation of him, but merely as the fact that we have a good looking player with interesting potential ready to contribute in the future.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the suited up active roster at some point during this season.
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
That nobody picked him up is pretty telling of the amount of "good" backs in the NFL. 5 years agoish this guy would have been our starter.

What about that little guy woodhead on the Jets. How would Kory stack up against him?

I am relieved he is on the practice squad.

Conversely, I don't know if Briggs cleared yet but the fact that the NFL is hurting for pass rushers makes me wonder how they let this guy go.
Sheets proved that the only thing he can do is run. He was a disaster in blocking assignments.

There were likely 12-15 other backs just like Sheets in other camps around the league. Most of them are now on practice squads or on their way to Canada to join Michael Robinson.

oh wait...nevermind. Robinson is still on the 49ers active 53.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Thomas Clayton syndrome is a serious disease. It makes many fans think that preseason yards by a smallish one dimensional RB against 3rd stringers are something special. What's the dull part here is that these people are flaming for days here in WZ.
whats with the knocks on robinson.... i take him over sheets anyday!!! as a runner he is better and his ST play rules
proof below! where are the nfl highlights on sheets..oh yeah he doesn t have any and no teams are intrested in him either.. end thread!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81214ada/Pre-WK-2-Michael-Robinson-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80c912bd/Michael-Robinson-Highlight-WK-11-vs-Rams-2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcCyY6tub1Y&feature=PlayList&p=435225DDBF11D849&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ttf4EmNm5k
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dj43:
Sheets proved that the only thing he can do is run. He was a disaster in blocking assignments.

There were likely 12-15 other backs just like Sheets in other camps around the league. Most of them are now on practice squads or on their way to Canada to join Michael Robinson.

Blocking assignments can be learned, Coffee didn't exactly light it up either.
But sheets has good speed, size, and upside. Anyways I thought it was a gamble to release him and it paid off.
  • Mex49
Kory Sheets let me introduce Thomas Clayton
Originally posted by ldussan:
Originally posted by dj43:

Blocking assignments can be learned, Coffee didn't exactly light it up either.
But sheets has good speed, size, and upside. Anyways I thought it was a gamble to release him and it paid off.
Evidentally the 49ers think Sheets can improve enough to eventually make the 53, otherwise they wouldn't waste PS space with him. So whether it is better blocking skill or an injury, they think he has potential, otherwise they would have released him outright....obviously.