LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Unkindest Cut - Kory Sheets

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't quite understand the rationale here. Kory sheets seemed to be that "change of pace" speed back that the 49ers really need. The others are all similar, and don't have the top-end speed to take it to the house on any given play. I love Gore and Coffee, but I would have kept Sheets over Michael Robinson. It would have been nice to have a home rune hitter like that on the team. It also surprised me that a team that wants to focus on running the football would only keep 4 running backs. I would like to have more depth than that.
im glad he is gone, now everybody can get off his nuts
Originally posted by valrod33:

It was fun swinging on them

classic!
They're clinging to Robinson probably because he can play multiple positions and is a decent blocker, most of which Sheets can't do, yet.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 5, 2009 at 20:57:30 ]
  • NinerN8
  • Info N/A
IF he clears waivers he WILL be on the practice squad
Originally posted by NinerN8:
IF he clears waivers he WILL be on the practice squad

maybe he will make it, he looked good in preseason like thomas clayton. clayton led the nfl in rushing in the preseason and didnt get picked up. so lets hope for the best.
yeah, I'm with you on that. Sheets looked like a threat to me and as for robinson. He can't run, He is not, I repeat not a fullback. He is not big enough to play that role. The only thing Michael is good at is on special teams. As for him playing the role in "The Taser" we have two other capable players. Moran Norris is a great lead blocker and frank likes him alot but I think they could have kept Britt Miller but maybe he will make it on to the practice squad and continue to develop his blocking skills along with his route running and catching. I think the guy might become very good. Maybe even like a Mike Alstott hybrid.
In sports, the scout team, also referred to as a practice team, practice squad or practice roster, is a group of players on a team whose task is to emulate future opponents for the featured (or starting) players. Frequently used in American or Canadian Football, these teams consist of less athletically developed or less skilled players. However, unlike a traditional scrimmage, scout teams often have to learn a variety of different football playbooks in order to simulate the tendencies of future opponents.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
yeah, I'm with you on that. Sheets looked like a threat to me and as for robinson. He can't run, He is not, I repeat not a fullback. He is not big enough to play that role. The only thing Michael is good at is on special teams. As for him playing the role in "The Taser" we have two other capable players. Moran Norris is a great lead blocker and frank likes him alot but I think they could have kept Britt Miller but maybe he will make it on to the practice squad and continue to develop his blocking skills along with his route running and catching. I think the guy might become very good. Maybe even like a Mike Alstott hybrid.

Your in good hands with Alstott.

All carries should be by Gore and Coffee.

Robinson just happens to be more capable of being on he field bc he plays special teams very well.

I just dont think Sheets would get any PT
he is gonna clear waivers of any1 wanted him that bad he wouldve been drafted with the 7th round pick he will not be the top 53 person on any team
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

lol...

He looked great carrying the ball, but he just wasn't good enough at blocking. Without that skill set he wasn't going to see much time on the field and therefore wasn't as valuable to the team as the other 53.

Hopefully he clears waivers and we get him on the practice squad to work on his blocking. *fingers crossed*
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

lol...

He looked great carrying the ball, but he just wasn't good enough at blocking. Without that skill set he wasn't going to see much time on the field and therefore wasn't as valuable to the team as the other 53.

Hopefully he clears waivers and we get him on the practice squad to work on his blocking. *fingers crossed*
If someone else picks him up, he has to go on the 53, and I just don't see that happening.
Like i said in another post..

Sheets was never gonna make an impact on the running game. Between Gore/Coffee and the FBs, he never was going to get more than 2-3 carries a game.

Which is why when you're down to the 3rd team, you need to be able to contribute on special teams because you're not going to be seeing much other action on the field. This is precisely why guys like Ulbrich and Robinson make the team.

I see him on the practice squad though.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone