There are 180 users in the forums

Unkindest Cut - Kory Sheets

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Sheets and Miller made the practice squad

but I was lead to believe that he was so hot 31 teams were going to scramble to get him.

Not only did he clear waivers but it's been implied that not a single team conacted his agent.

Contacted
There is a lot of talent in Sheets,just like everyone that tries to make it in the NFL.The smart thing for the NINERS was to at least let him get thru the waivers and sign him asap because with the nature of the nfl someone would of picked him up,sooner or later.The kid has speed that can be used.Whether on special teams k/o and punt returns,screens plays,etc.The NINERS need someone for that just in case lets say rossum gets injured or Gore and Coffee has to sit out.As for the other teams passing up on him,well just like a lot of us we tend to pass up on good opportunities because we feel he did'nt do enough or he did'nt block well.He may have played against a bunch of 2nd 3rd or 4th stringers,but remember he is a 4th stringer as well that ate up those other 4th stringers.Develope and he will be a nice addition.IMHO. lol
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the suited up active roster at some point during this season.

I'm thinking the same thing.Gore is a beast,but if they overwork him due to our passing game not taking off and he is injured and opposing teams D shuts down Coffee,Norris,or Robinson and our inside run,Sheets would be active to help run the ball on the outside and maybe be more effective with screen plays due in part because of his speed. I would'nt be suprised if they used him on returns.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the suited up active roster at some point during this season.

I'm thinking the same thing.Gore is a beast,but if they overwork him due to our passing game not taking off and he is injured and opposing teams D shuts down Coffee,Norris,or Robinson and our inside run,Sheets would be active to help run the ball on the outside and maybe be more effective with screen plays due in part because of his speed. I would'nt be suprised if they used him on returns.

I can see him getting called up during the season. This will give him time to develop in what he needs worked on.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Reading through the last few pages of this thread it's clear that the next 5-10 front office exec's are posting here.

All jazzed up on a practice squad player and full of what If's.

If sheets was all that he would hAve taken coffees job.

Destiny is in your hands. Not your coaches. Not your boss. Not your girlfriend. yours. Take it.
sheets is a great player

just like Ziegler

wait....
Reading through the last few pages of this thread it's clear that the next 5-10 front office exec's are posting here.

Destiny is in your hands. Not your coaches. Not your boss. Not your girlfriend. yours. Take it.

Did he or did he not run the ball well when he was given the chance?
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
bottom LINE we kept barry simms but cut kory sheets.... makes no sense

He'd probably be just as effective at the tackle position.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
bottom LINE we kept barry simms but cut kory sheets.... makes no sense

He'd probably be just as effective at the tackle position.

LOL

-9fA
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

dude... running backs are a dime a dozen... you can find any decent one anywhere.... thats why nobody picked him up after he was waived.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

he ran very well against 2nd, 3rd stringers...against other practice squad players.

He may be a star in this league. May not.

He is a better runner than Robinson in my opinion. But could he block? Can he catch? can he tackle (ie special teams?)

I'm an executive fan

I'm an executive fan

Besides most of us on this post know that sheets would'nt of taken Coffees spot due to the fact that coffee is a tough inside rusher and the NINERS need that just in case Gore goes down.Jus say'n
Kory Sheets isnt as good as people here make him seem, there is a reason he didnt get drafted, or why he didnt make the team.

He has a lot to work on, more to being a running back than being able to run fast, he needs to learn how to block if he wants to be and NFL running back
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kory Sheets isnt as good as people here make him seem, there is a reason he didnt get drafted, or why he didnt make the team.

He has a lot to work on, more to being a running back than being able to run fast, he needs to learn how to block if he wants to be and NFL running back

He didn't really have a decent run between the tackles. Most of his big runs were bouncing it outside. Basically, here's the defense in regular season: "Sheets is in! Cover the edges!" It's that easy until he learns to run routes well out of the backfield, block well, and be productive between the tackles.

He's not a weak back, he just needs to learn a little more.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:

He didn't really have a decent run between the tackles. Most of his big runs were bouncing it outside. Basically, here's the defense in regular season: "Sheets is in! Cover the edges!" It's that easy until he learns to run routes well out of the backfield, block well, and be productive between the tackles.

He's not a weak back, he just needs to learn a little more.

Excuse me? Did you not see his TD run where he dragged defenders into the end zone? I don't care if it was against backups or not, he can run wherever. He does need to learn to be a complete back, but his running ability is NFL legit. Unlike Robinson...
Share 49ersWebzone