There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Originally posted by bigmike55:
This kid's better than Alex Smith IMO. He's played well throughout the preseason, I don't remember Alex Smith playing this well in his preseason days. I say put him in as our backup. Alex Smith can be third string.



You're kidding right? I guess people have forgotten that Smith looked pretty damn solid against 3RD AND 4TH TEAMERS in his Rookie year too.

Would you people please put the crack pipe down? PLEASE?

Put that kid into the fire behind our weak ass OLine against first teamers and let's see what happens. Until then SHUT UP about it. All you're doing is ticking us realistic fans off by putting out ignorant supposition about something that should NEVER happen unless necessitated by injury.

~Ceadder
IMHO,I think N.D will actually do okay.I Think we might see him starting for us by game 10 or 11.I may be wrong.I would'nt be suprised if he actually gets out there and outshine our starters.I like Hill,and Smith is on the edge of being a bust(to some).Not say'n Davis is the answer,then again He might be.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Smith sucks

Topic wasn't ABOUt Smith. It was about DAVIS.

~Ceadder
Davis for PRESIDENT and he will possibly be backing Hill soon.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
This kid's better than Alex Smith IMO. He's played well throughout the preseason, I don't remember Alex Smith playing this well in his preseason days. I say put him in as our backup. Alex Smith can be third string.



You're kidding right? I guess people have forgotten that Smith looked pretty damn solid against 3RD AND 4TH TEAMERS in his Rookie year too.

]


what the f**k games were watching Smiths rookie Season??



You mean like 3 of 9 for 25 yards in week 1 2005?


2 of 7 in Week 2 of preseason for 15 yards?


6 of 13 for 37 yards in week 3 of preseason?


9 of 15 in Week 4?





Davis has had DRIVES that had more completions and yardage then HALF of A. Smiths rookie preseason games..........
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Why do people hate Alex Smith so much? He throws more passes that get dropped than any other QB I've seen, show him some sympathy and get your heads out of the stat sheets.

Because he throws an uncatchable ball most of the time behind his receivers. Like another poster said. He is injury free now and cant beat out a weak QB in Hill. Send him packing. Bring in Garcia and tighten the leash on Hill.

If Nate should be a 3 it should be at least by someone who can win games. Alex brings nothing to the table, now it is Nate who has the youth and Scotty McGM who has the EGG.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Smith sucks

Topic wasn't ABOUt Smith. It was about DAVIS.

~Ceadder

Your man love for Alex Smith is un-relenting, LOL! We could win 5 Superbowls with a plastic lawn chair at QB and you'd disregard them as a fan cause Alex Smith didn't do it.
  • Danoschar1
  • Info N/A
As much as all this time invested in Smith is painful, he should remain ahead of Nate on the depth chart. Smith still has some upside and is more experienced obviously than Nate (if Smith comes in and does ok, we might even get some trade value for him). Give Nate a year or two not getting rushed into action and he may become something, as he obviously has promise.
Do not rush him! We all saw what happend to a QB who wasn't ready and was rushed.
We also see what happend to a QB who wasn't ready but wasn't rushed.
The one wears #11 wuth us the other #12 at green bay.
NO! He should be the starter! But seriously people, there is a system in the nfl and when he is ready to be the backup to Shaun Hill he will be designated the backup. Untill then he is the 3rd QB. Just because a guy plays well in presseason doesnt mean he should be starter. A better thread would've been "Should Coffee start at RB"
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Why do people hate Alex Smith so much? He throws more passes that get dropped than any other QB I've seen, show him some sympathy and get your heads out of the stat sheets.

Because he throws an uncatchable ball most of the time behind his receivers. Like another poster said. He is injury free now and cant beat out a weak QB in Hill. Send him packing. Bring in Garcia and tighten the leash on Hill.

If Nate should be a 3 it should be at least by someone who can win games. Alex brings nothing to the table, now it is Nate who has the youth and Scotty McGM who has the EGG.


Exactly.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
This kid's better than Alex Smith IMO. He's played well throughout the preseason, I don't remember Alex Smith playing this well in his preseason days. I say put him in as our backup. Alex Smith can be third string.



You're kidding right? I guess people have forgotten that Smith looked pretty damn solid against 3RD AND 4TH TEAMERS in his Rookie year too.

]


what the f**k games were watching Smiths rookie Season??



You mean like 3 of 9 for 25 yards in week 1 2005?


2 of 7 in Week 2 of preseason for 15 yards?


6 of 13 for 37 yards in week 3 of preseason?


9 of 15 in Week 4?





Davis has had DRIVES that had more completions and yardage then HALF of A. Smiths rookie preseason games..........

these statistics are pretty solid right Ceadderman???????? you have a man crush on Alex Smith. admit it.

I never said to START Nate Davis. I'm saying he would be a better backup than Alex Bust. We all know Alex Smith sucks. Penciling Nate Davis in as the number 2 QB wouldn't screw up his progression. If Hill stays healthy the whole season, Davis wouldn't even see any action. How would this slow down his progression and ruin him like many of you stated we "ruined" Alex Smith. Alex Smith was ruined from the get go. All these excuses make me sick. All you Smith supporters seem to be watching a completely different guy than the rest of us.

Alex Smith sucks. Nate Davis > Alex Smith. The End.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 6, 2009 at 11:11:53 ]
Yeah let's throw a rookie QB in there not ready to go because it worked so well last time. Seriously, you guys are so far beyond whack it is not even funny anymore, it is just plain pathetic. But I digress...please feel free to continue with the knee jerk reactionary rhetoric.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Yeah let's throw a rookie QB in there not ready to go because it worked so well last time. Seriously, you guys are so far beyond whack it is not even funny anymore, it is just plain pathetic. But I digress...please feel free to continue with the knee jerk reactionary rhetoric.


Naming Nate Davis as the backup QB is throwing him in??? I didn't know holding a clipboard and listening to plays through the headset on the sidelines was throwing someone in. ?????
I'll say this for davis. He needs more reps than a standard #3. He needs to be in more game situations where the game is completely won or lost than does smith. However, if Hill goes down tomorrow then Smith needs to start.

So from the prospect of developement- YES Davis needs to be given extra #2 on the depth chart attention.

From the prospect of #2 to start a game. -NO.