LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

No he should stay behind Smith. Hill is gonna go down at some point this year, Smith will take over. If he f**ks up then its the Nate Davis show.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Why rush him?

being a back up is not rushing him. He won't be starting unless Hill gets hurt. All I'm saying is that he's a better option at backup rather than Alex Bust.

Smith is gone after this year. So let him get killed while Nate learns how not too.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Why rush him?

being a back up is not rushing him. He won't be starting unless Hill gets hurt. All I'm saying is that he's a better option at backup rather than Alex Bust.

Smith is gone after this year. So let him get killed while Nate learns how not too.

• obx49
  • Veteran
an emphatic HELL f**kING YEA!
No.
No, we should wait a week let Alex throw for 85 yards and then bench him for Davis.
Why rush him?

Agreed, let him learn.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Why rush him?

Agreed, let him learn.

Why rush him? Because our starting QB can't throw a simple 10 yard out pattern and our second string QB is a bust and isn't worth s**t. Thats why.
The ? is not if he should start or be the no.2 the ? is what we are going to do with him? Are we really going to set him up for next year and pass on any good QBs that come our way in next years draft? or are we just going to make him our future no.2?

If he keeps improving during the season to the point where there is a real debate as to who should be our no. 2 then we keep him as the QB of the future,
YES....Alex Smith > Shaun Hill > Nate Davis

Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Now that just doesn't make any sense.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Why rush him?

I sure hope so.....
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Now that just doesn't make any sense.

This kid's better than Alex Smith IMO. He's played well throughout the preseason, I don't remember Alex Smith playing this well in his preseason days. I say put him in as our backup. Alex Smith can be third string.

s**t id rather have Smith start than Hill. Hills passes are so ugly and as a life long 49ers fan of 25+ years it just hurts watching him throw. He definately has an arm that good teams will scheme on and take away our run game and short passes. Once that happens our season is pretty much over. Atleast with Smith or Davis the arms they have will keep teams honest and gives us the best chance to go with a power run chuck it deep Turner offense imho. Either way I wouldnt be surpised to see Davis playing by week 8 and tearing s**t up.
He should Start..and we all know it..forget the learning disablity, id rather watch Nate grow and make mistakes than see Shaun Hill get all flustered while trying to throw a 5 yard slant lol..plus..that would give us bragging rights

Nate and Frank..the 2 idiot football savants led the way to beating your team.. "So easy a caveman can do it"
Share 49ersWebzone