There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

• crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Native49erFan:
Screw this selfish idiot. Let him enter next year's draft and lose millions when he falls to late 1st / 2nd round. Dez Walker in '10!

Dez Walker? Who is Dez Walker?

You mean Dez Bryant...
Originally posted by crzy:
Screw this selfish idiot. Let him enter next year's draft and lose millions when he falls to late 1st / 2nd round. Dez Walker in '10!

You mean Dez Bryant...

Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Who was the last rookie WR to make a team credible? All sports analyst say the 49ers are going to suck because we dont have Crabtree. How big of a difference would he really make to the team?

Does anyone know if they are still negotiating or is he waiting for the 49ers to contact him with a new offer?

very true. Calvin Johnson didn't make the Lions any better immediately. The only position that can turn a franchise around with a rook is QB, maybe RB.
If he doesnt sign by saturday

I wont care if the niners sign him or not.

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:48:48 ]

You mean Dez Bryant...

This is the first pic you get when you google Dez Walker, this guy is gangster lets draft him
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

You mean Dez Bryant...

This is the first pic you get when you google Dez Walker, this guy is gangster lets draft him

I found this picture too...

[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:52:10 ]
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
He will sign, I have no doubt about that. The person who will push him to do it will be his agent. He has the most to lose in this situation. If Crabtree sits out the year, every other agent will let the 2010 class know how he screwed up Crabtrees career. He will have a hard time convincing any of the top talent to sign with him. Also every other team knows what is going on. They know he has been offered a fair deal. What team would want to draft a player he represents knowing that he could not deliver.
Originally posted by valrod33:

You mean Dez Bryant...

I found this picture too...

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabtree is acting like he's a free agent or something. Saying he thinks he's worth $40M. Your the 10th pick in the draft, moron, get your slotted deal and get with the program.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 8, 2009 at 16:09:45 ]
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Carney16:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Think about it: the amount of money it will take to sign this jerk would so much be better spent next year on a couple of GREAT free agents. Forget this guy. His crazy holdout is the equivlent of discovering that his forty time is really 4.75. He is flawed, he is poison. Count this a a blessing - he has revealed his destructive character to us.

There are no GREAT free agents. Teams do not let GREAT players go in free agency. You might pick up a formerly very good player who is over the hill but he is no longer GREAT. Of course that guy maybe better than your guy but he is going to run your salary cap numbers right up to the peg. That is what happened to the 49ers in the late '90s.

Albert haynesworth?
He is not a GREAT player. He is a very good player who had two good years in a system with other players around him who fit in well.

The point is, you will ALWAYS pay maximum market rate for a FA who frequently does not performance on a par with the very best players around the league who play the same position.

Does anybody think Seattle got a good value for their money with Julian Peterson? I certainly don't. In fact, he was such a disappointment up there they let him leave with little effort.

Look at Nate Clements. Has he played like the best cornerback in the league since he came here?

My point wasn't that you couldn't get a decent player through FA. Rather it was that you wind up paying top dollar for a guy who is not the best at his position. And "no," one exception every two or three years does not disprove the point. It only means that the risks are so high that it is not worth it to anyone whose last name is not Snyder or Davis.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:11:44 ]
Hi there, I'm #15, Michael "Cashtree".... Deion wants me to have this nickname.
Why do the football gods hate us?
Originally posted by Youngone:

Do they hate us? Or do they love us so much that they are keeping this guy off the team because he will ruin our next run of Dominance?

JK I like Crabtree I want him on our team, wait do i defy the football gods? damnit i dont know what to think anymore
Originally posted by Youngone:

Don't think Deion and Craptree are in the football gods catagory....they simply are two crazy fruitloops in their own little thinking mode.