LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just want him on the team dont care if its this year or next
Think about it: the amount of money it will take to sign this jerk would so much be better spent next year on a couple of GREAT free agents. Forget this guy. His crazy holdout is the equivlent of discovering that his forty time is really 4.75. He is flawed, he is poison. Count this a a blessing - he has revealed his destructive character to us.
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
What singletary did is a little different and becomes more different every day. I also don't recall singletary being injured.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
For some reason, this holdout makes me think of a whining little boy who's stomping his feet cause he isn't getting his way. Unfortunately, I think once Crabs signs he going to pout and hold a grudge against the Niners cause he didn't get his way.

Hopefully this kid grows up and starts to see the world as it truly is...

If he signs and does act that way, he will only be shooting himself in the foot. See Brandon Marshall as example. He would cost himself more money than he already has.

He's already shooting himself in the foot because he gains nothing by holding out. This is the reason that I see him acting like pouting little child after he signs.

God, I hope I'm wrong...
  • dj43
Originally posted by excelsior:
Think about it: the amount of money it will take to sign this jerk would so much be better spent next year on a couple of GREAT free agents. Forget this guy. His crazy holdout is the equivlent of discovering that his forty time is really 4.75. He is flawed, he is poison. Count this a a blessing - he has revealed his destructive character to us.

There are no GREAT free agents. Teams do not let GREAT players go in free agency. You might pick up a formerly very good player who is over the hill but he is no longer GREAT. Of course that guy maybe better than your guy but he is going to run your salary cap numbers right up to the peg. That is what happened to the 49ers in the late '90s.
Originally posted by dj43:

There are no GREAT free agents. Teams do not let GREAT players go in free agency. You might pick up a formerly very good player who is over the hill but he is no longer GREAT. Of course that guy maybe better than your guy but he is going to run your salary cap numbers right up to the peg. That is what happened to the 49ers in the late '90s.

Albert haynesworth?
Originally posted by dj43:

Yeah think about it. 5 years and 30 million dollars could get you a Brandon Lloyd, Randle El, Nate Burleson, or a Deion Branch.

On second thought why aren't we paying Crabtree again?

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:06:10 ]
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
NFL.com stated, Goodell will be answering some question at 2pm EST. I sent in a question regards to what Deion said on NFLN of Crabtree, hope he respond.

Lets sit back and see what this bum has to say...

I tweaked the question posted a few pages back and sent it in as well.
Unless something changed over the weekend that I haven't seen, trade the bum straight across for Denver's Marshal.

Problem solved.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Just seen that Goodell will be doing a live chat tomorrow @ 2pm eastern on NFL.com. We need to get as many zoners on as possable and hound his ass about this Sanders crap.

Agreed. I already sent in my question:

In a recent NFL Network interview Deion Sanders claimed that two teams had attempted to trade for Michael Crabtree and were willing to meet his contract demands. The 49ers have stated no such talks occurred. Essentially, if Deion is speaking the truth then this is an obvious case of tampering. If not then Deion is inappropriately using his position on the NFL Network to attempt to push the 49ers into meeting Crabtree's contract demand.

Given the public nature of the revelation does the league require the 49ers to lodge an investigation and if not will the league be investigating under its own initiative?

Bumping a good question

I respectfully disagree. Garrison Hearst is just one example of free agents who was signed and was tremendous. It is easy to think of examples of free agent signings that were mistakes, but it is equally easy to think of many free agents who were extremely productive. The key is having a GM who is good at talent analysis.

On the flip side, why would you be so ready to assume that Crabtree will be great? Besides his great talent, we have also seen that he suffered a foot injury, and then became a selfish, unreasonable holdout. Should those red flags be completely ignored?
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Unless something changed over the weekend that I haven't seen, trade the bum straight across for Denver's Marshal.

Problem solved.

~Ceadder

We would have to sign him first that option left us awhile ago.
so wait... one of the trusted writers said he would sign?

and I was going to come to this thread and ask if anyone actually still held out hope of him signing or if everyone else already gave up on him and expected him to go in next year's draft.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by MrOrange:
That John Clayton clone/wannabe on NFL.com said that he expects Crabtree to sign no later than week 10 when of course he would stand to lose too much if you will. I say he probably signs week 2 or 3 when he realizes he's lost close to $50,000 in game checks.

When he does sign though it'll be a little awkward for whomever ended up caving in. Someone is going to have to answer some tough questions about why he wasn't at camp when it started let alone there for the season opener.

Holding out till the first game of the preseason? I'm ok with that. There is nothing wrong with seeing how much leverage you have and what you can walk away with, but this has turned into something absurd. Lose/lose situation....moreso for Crabtree.

Do we even really want him to sign?? I know he's a talent, but so is TO and you see what he can do to a team. Plus, Singletary is a no nonsense type of guy. I'm sure he hates crabtree already.

I have never read any let me repeat that ANY of Crabtree's coaches calling him a Diva or a problem or a distraction. The only thing he has demonstrated so far is that he does think highly of his own ability and and that money is important to him much like it has been for T.O.
Why would Singletary hate Crabtree again ????? They both held out as rookies with simular thoughts of how much more they were worth than what their own teams offered them.
  • Mex49
WHO?
Share 49ersWebzone